What Did I Miss? Bowdaar Quest Issues

Saviorofcamelot

So I finally finished the quest line to get Bowdaar and it tells me to go back to my ship to speak to Risha. I went back to my ship, spoke to Risha and... The story won't progress.

I left that world and went to another thinking that might help but it didn't. I went back to that world and spoke to her again and got the same conversation and it still didn't progress the quest line or finish the quest.

Am I missing something?

The only active quests I have is 1 heroic and the class quest that tells me to speak to Risha. It also still lists Bowdaar as a "guest" whenever I check the companion window.

Obviously I am missing something but there are no indicators on the map and no one is highlighted for conversation.

When I first got Bowdaar and got back to the ship, there was a quest indicator to talk to him. But he wasn't there. The end of that portion of the quest seems buggy. I also had issues with talking to Risha, finishing what I needed with her, but the quest indicator continuing to stay over her head.

I ended up going back planetside, then getting back on the ship, and was able to continue. But things were buggy around that point.

I've left the planet 4 times, returned and still bugged. Left the ship and returned and now she has a "quest indicator" above her head instead of the green one. The quest still won't progress and Bowdaar is on the ship but he doesn't have a quest or conversation available.

I guess I'll have to try resetting the quest or something but it is 100% bugged.

I did the entire thing again (rescued Bowdaar after resetting the quest) and it still won't progress.

Guess I'll have to throw away my Smuggler for a few weeks till they fix the issue, which actually means not playing anymore because I've already played several other classes and I really don't like them at all.

Did you walk far enough into the hanger for the girl you met on the barge to appear and yell at you. That was the problem I had leaving.

That needs to happen before you leave or you can't talk to Risha.

I actually saw that girl standing in the hangar before I left the planet and completed the conversation and still had to repeat the same conversation again later on when I returned to Nar Shaddaa.

Did you walk far enough into the hanger for the girl you met on the barge to appear and yell at you. That was the problem I had leaving.

That needs to happen before you leave or you can't talk to Risha.

I was wondering if there was something like that. The quest log actually tells you to return to the hangar and not specifically your ship. I figured there was a conversation NPC in the hangar but I didn't see one.

I'm OMW to check it again and hopefully it works.

Try going to Tatooine and talking to her. I had trouble talking to her, and had to go to Alderaan (next questing planet) to get her to talk.

As far as the quest icon with Bowdaar not there, I had to go to a cantina and summon him from the crew skill window to be able to talk to him.

Okay, it was the girl in the hangar that I missed.

Sometimes my computer loads new zones really slowly. Everything shows up but people start fading in slowly and I think I ran through the hangar before she had actually loaded onto the screen.

I finally went back and left my character idle in the hangar for a few minutes and then started running around and she immediately started yelling at me for leaving without saying goodbye.

Thanks to everyone that responded!

Your feedback helped me solve the issue.

• 2 months later...
I had similar problems with Bowdaar and that quest. I completed the class quest, summoned Bowdaar, although he appeared as guest in the crew panel, went to my ship, and talked to Risha without problems, and after that talked with the girl in the holocom, and after that with Bowdaar, but, when I came back to Nar shadaa, to get datacrons, etc..., Bowdaar had disappeared as companion, he isnt in the crew panel and neither in the ship. Of course, i sent a ticket to bioware that always answer the same way:"**** off and wait a miracleous patch". So, if some of you had the same problem or know what is wrong... please help!. I wont like to delete the character and remade it since zero, but I dont know if i will find a solution or if bowdaar will come back someday :p. Thank you

I had similar problems with Bowdaar and that quest. I completed the class quest, summoned Bowdaar, although he appeared as guest in the crew panel, went to my ship, and talked to Risha without problems, and after that talked with the girl in the holocom, and after that with Bowdaar, but, when I came back to Nar shadaa, to get datacrons, etc..., Bowdaar had disappeared as companion, he isnt in the crew panel and neither in the ship. Of course, i sent a ticket to bioware that always answer the same way:"**** off and wait a miracleous patch". So, if some of you had the same problem or know what is wrong... please help!. I wont like to delete the character and remade it since zero, but I dont know if i will find a solution or if bowdaar will come back someday :p. Thank you

had the same problem. Did all my story quest (even talking to the chick in my space port) talking to risha and bowdaar then heading to tat and getting off bowdaar is gone. Not on my ship, crew skill list, anywhere. Just poof vanished Keyser Söze.

Made this thread on the customer service page.

Hopefully they get this fixed soon. I also shelved my smuggler and stopped playing the game since this is the only class i actually do want to play as.

So I finally finished the quest line to get Bowdaar and it tells me to go back to my ship to speak to Risha. I went back to my ship, spoke to Risha and... The story won't progress.

I left that world and went to another thinking that might help but it didn't. I went back to that world and spoke to her again and got the same conversation and it still didn't progress the quest line or finish the quest.

Am I missing something?

The only active quests I have is 1 heroic and the class quest that tells me to speak to Risha. It also still lists Bowdaar as a "guest" whenever I check the companion window.

Obviously I am missing something but there are no indicators on the map and no one is highlighted for conversation.

What it looks like to me often times is if you pull out Bowdaar as a guest and go to your hangar with him out you will miss a cutscene that advances the story (for males at least). The young lady you may have romanced from the Hutts pleasure barge is going to stalk you before you get on your ship I had bowdaar out and that convo didn't initiate.

Trying different things I recalled corso while standing in the hangar and the conversation with Aezara (or whatever her name was) started the minute he left.

But from there folks I think the bug where you lose Bowdaar is not in that sequence but in initiating the conversation with him on your ship. If you don't start convo with him it seems you can atleast keep him as a guest in your crew management window and can get affection gains just don't talk to him though.

What it looks like to me often times is if you pull out Bowdaar as a guest and go to your hangar with him out you will miss a cutscene that advances the story (for males at least). The young lady you may have romanced from the Hutts pleasure barge is going to stalk you before you get on your ship I had bowdaar out and that convo didn't initiate.

Trying different things I recalled corso while standing in the hangar and the conversation with Aezara (or whatever her name was) started the minute he left.

But from there folks I think the bug where you lose Bowdaar is not in that sequence but in initiating the conversation with him on your ship. If you don't start convo with him it seems you can atleast keep him as a guest in your crew management window and can get affection gains just don't talk to him though.

yeah i think the bug starts on the ship. I talked to the crazy chick and thats not the bug. Its talkig to him on the ship