The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is High Impact Bolt useless to us?

raykor

So my little Vanguard turned 14 and got his Ion Cell buff. I’m thinking…ahh, now I’m a tank. Cool.

But now I have no DoT ability and the requirement for High Impact Bolt never triggers? That was a pretty high damage ability that I had come to depend on.

Am I missing something? Is there some other DoT skill or method of triggering HIB that I am not seeing?

Thanks!

Keep leveling up the tank tree. You'll get an ability that gives your Stockstrike a 100% chance to trigger your Ion cell, which then has a 100% chance to do electricity damage over 6 seconds. This will allow you to hit your HIB without issues. Also, if you go with a Gut spec tank, you'll get an extra bleed DoT from that. So, it starts off kind of lame, but gets better later on, especially once you can reliably trigger it and get the extra armor penetration. It becomes one of our higher damage single target abilities. Edited by KLGChaos

HiB can be easily deflected by force-users like a normal attack ( Hammer shot ).

That's really sad.

Btw, does effects of "Focused impact" and "High Friction Bolts" stack with each other?

I mean, can we reach 90% armor penetration with HiB?

Edited by Asfost

So my little Vanguard turned 14 and got his Ion Cell buff. I’m thinking…ahh, now I’m a tank. Cool.

But now I have no DoT ability and the requirement for High Impact Bolt never triggers? That was a pretty high damage ability that I had come to depend on.

Am I missing something? Is there some other DoT skill or method of triggering HIB that I am not seeing?

Thanks!

Read the tooltip of hib: it requires a dot or some sort of cc (dont know the exact translation, cause playing other language). So open with sticky on normal mobs (f.e.) will make u able to use hib directly afterwards.

This is btw my standart-opening while questing cause it melts close standing groups like butter...

Edited by -derDo-

HiB can be easily deflected by force-users like a normal attack ( Hammer shot ).

That's really sad.

Btw, does effects of "Focused impact" and "High Friction Bolts" stack with each other?

I mean, can we reach 90% armor penetration with HiB?

It's the same as lightsaber skills being dodged by players. Deflected is just the "dodge" word for people with lightsabers being missed by range attacks.