Eternity Vault third boss (pylons) on Nightmare / Hardmode

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well our guild did this encounter on Nightmare yesterday on the 2nd try ... first try we had this stuff with the towers locking but we figured out why they do so. The 2nd try was np for the loot! And no, the number of clicks has nothing to do with it ... its not bugged at all ... if it locks up you simply do something wrong ... but some of you guys might figure it out Edited by Xenroth

Well our guild did this encounter on Nightmare yesterday on the 2nd try ... first try we had this stuff with the towers locking but we figured out why they do so. The 2nd try was np for the loot! And no, the number of clicks has nothing to do with it ... its not bugged at all ... if it locks up you simply do something wrong ... but some of you guys might figure it out

This guy is right, if a child like him can figure this out than it's only a matter of time until we do.

On a serious note, going to try the finishing south puzzle first tonight. Hopefully that is the trick.

Of course its a bug, anyone who thinks there is some intended way to do it (ie finishing southern before northern, etc) is a moron. Because, if this was working as intended then i've lost all hope for the developers of this game. Why on earth would they make you having to reset the instance, having to clear the same trash over and over again if you fail the boss encounter?

There is lots of other bugs in EV, dying once you dismount the taxi, dying when you enter the instance in those "thingys", Pylons reseting if you get the "party leader must reset instance" message after wiping on HM/NM SoA (yes, the chest respawns and you're able to do the puzzle and get loot, no commendations however), 210k mindtraps on NM soa (cant be intended???), etc etc..

Of course its a bug, anyone who thinks there is some intended way to do it (ie finishing southern before northern, etc) is a moron. Because, if this was working as intended then i've lost all hope for the developers of this game. Why on earth would they make you having to reset the instance, having to clear the same trash over and over again if you fail the boss encounter?

There is lots of other bugs in EV, dying once you dismount the taxi, dying when you enter the instance in those "thingys", Pylons reseting if you get the "party leader must reset instance" message after wiping on HM/NM SoA (yes, the chest respawns and you're able to do the puzzle and get loot, no commendations however), 210k mindtraps on NM soa (cant be intended???), etc etc..

Resetting the instance is a bug that has absolutely no effect on a groups ability to solve the puzzle.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about and it would be more helpful to the community as a whole if you'd stop posting.

The answer has been posted, in this thread, the solution to the puzzle and how to stop the controls from locking everytime.... yet still people are trying to figure it out?

I thought my "there you go, nothing to do with etc etc etc" post was enough hint.

The guy just wants his world first tier one raid of a game so he's not giving any info about the dumbest fight in the game; but from the looks of it this guy's correct.

If this were an intended mechanic, then you would get a message telling you as much and the encounter would reset without you being forced to exit the area and manually reset the instance.

There is however a workaround that from what I've seen thus far has proven to be 100% efficient for the 2 bugs that we've encountered.

For us it was always the northern pylon that would get greyed out after the 2nd or 3rd wheel on both pylons got finished. Another bug was the southern pylon being still accessible but not functioning after both pylons were solved on the 4th wheel.

We noticed, however that we would sometimes get the message that both pylons were finished AND that the northern pylon was waiting for the southern pylon to finish at the same time. This led me to conclude that waiting at the last step on the northern pylon and finishing each wheel of the southern pylon before the north one would function as a workaround for the issue

So far, this has proven to be 100% succesful, although the dataset is limited to 3 instances at the moment.

The difference between this and all other posted workarounds it that if true, I've established a causal mechanism, which is why this could work 100% of the time assuming there are no other bugs in the encounter.

What I would like to know from people here is:

1) is it always the north pylon being "greyed out" after wheel 2 or 3 on both pylons have completed?

2)is the bug with the pylons being still interactable but doing nothing limited to the south pylon and after wheel 4 of the northern pylon is completed?

If both these are true, then finishing the southern pylon first on all wheels will be successful all the time.

If not, then there are more than 1 bug in the encounter, which would be quite unfortunate to say the least

Requoting so more people can constantly see it since the only thing people (one person) say is there'ss already a solution in this post. And to that.... This is it.

So does the solution have something to do with the red text that pops up saying "You have a bad feeling about this?" We smashed our head against the nightmare version all night to no avail and had it bug on the last spin of the 4th wheel after one side was already solved. At a total loss atm and it is no longer fun. Why would you not post the solution because some random person told you not to. If you don't want the solution to be posted PM it to me and I will never say a word or by god when I figure this out tomorrow im posting it

LIKE THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE

Edited by Toolittle

So does the solution have something to do with the red text that pops up saying "You have a bad feeling about this?" We smashed our head against the nightmare version all night to no avail and had it bug on the last spin of the 4th wheel after one side was already solved. At a total loss atm and it is no longer fun. Why would you not post the solution because some random person told you not to. If you don't want the solution to be posted PM it to me and I will never say a word or by god when I figure this out tomorrow im posting it

LIKE THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE

Figure out which side bugs and at what level and have that side complete that level first (not significantly quicker, a second or two is fine). For us this ended up being south south south north. From what I read in other threads it could be south x4. Probably others are possible too.

Could also be that we just got lucky. Who knows.

Resetting the instance is a bug that has absolutely no effect on a groups ability to solve the puzzle.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about and it would be more helpful to the community as a whole if you'd stop posting.

The answer has been posted, in this thread, the solution to the puzzle and how to stop the controls from locking everytime.... yet still people are trying to figure it out?

I thought my "there you go, nothing to do with etc etc etc" post was enough hint.

Sorry but I disagree, having it fail the way it does looks like a bug and we tried soloutions to fix a bug, not to look for other mechanics on the fight.

Misleading, no fail message, no reset. These things do have an affect on groups ability to solve the puzzle as many looked at it said "its bugged" and stopped trying.

If this was intended then I am pretty dissapointed at bioware, the boss is a mess.

This guy is right, if a child like him can figure this out than it's only a matter of time until we do.

On a serious note, going to try the finishing south puzzle first tonight. Hopefully that is the trick.

I smell some indirect flame in here, because you are probably envious ? oO

But i can tell you im not rly a child anymore! Ok maybe a bit is left inside but only a bit i promise!:rolleyes:

Done them right now, after getting through all those forum threads you all know.

I just wanted to share this with you: ;)

http://swtorhumanrelations.com/2011/12/31/pylon-puzzle-boss-guide/

I'm sorry but almost everything about that is wrong.

Our other side waited until the text appeared saying the first side had completed before clicking the console and we passed. Also the elites appear based on time not based on tumbler as we got elites sometime during the 3rd or 4th tumbler.

I'm sorry but almost everything about that is wrong.

Our other side waited until the text appeared saying the first side had completed before clicking the console and we passed. Also the elites appear based on time not based on tumbler as we got elites sometime during the 3rd or 4th tumbler.

The elites are timed for sure. We've completed it without even getting to the elites.

Exact same time =! Waiting until the text appears.

Just synch it on voice, it just worked instantly for us.

I know. I'm saying that we did it at the exact same time (mumble so almost latency, 3rd person counting down) and it bugged.

We then did it so that the south finished the 1st-3rd rows first, and the north finished the 4th row first. The other side waited for the text to appear before starting their turn and this worked for us.

okey ppl we just did the Pylons 8 man on nightmare mode....

we had 9 clicks on south pylons and 7 clicks on north pylons.

we clicked both left and right control boxes but we went for the shortest possible way to finish it so that's 16 click in total.

but this is what you need to do, you have to lock in South pylon first and then north pylon on each tier.

I dont thing there is a timer on the locking interval just make sure you lock south pylon first each time before you lock north Pylon on every tier. and you should have no problem completing it.

Tested multiple times and this has worked every single time. Make sure you get the solution for each column for each pylon. Then make certain that you finish each column at the same time. Give a countdown or whatever, but lock first column on the same click and at the same time on each column. Repeat for the rest of the columns.

Edit: Either that or it was make sure that south pylon finishes each column first, but make sure north pylon is only one click away from finishing. It was like 3am so it was a little too late to remember which one we did.

Edited by Cubert

Just did it on hard mode again - waiting for the southern pillar to solve the row before the northern started did the trick. Keep in mind that we got the console-not-clickable-bug several times before in the same lock. We did not synch the solving.

- Ecc