Crit rating or Surge rating? which one for marauder?

Crawfishies

Wouldn't crit be the choice of Anni since it's so dependent on your crit bleeds? I guess it depends on whether you want your crits to hit harder (with surge) or hit more often (with crit chance).

To me, crit chance is for anni, power is for rage, and surge is for carnage builds.

Wouldn't crit be the choice of Anni since it's so dependent on your crit bleeds? I guess it depends on whether you want your crits to hit harder (with surge) or hit more often (with crit chance).

To me, crit chance is for anni, power is for rage, and surge is for carnage builds.

Well because berserk is up so often and it makes dots auto crit you will lose the benefit of all that extra crit. But the extra surge will always be used and often.

Not that I disagree with you, but with enough crit on your mods you could forgo Berzerk and go with Predation or something, depending on the situation. Not that you could get enough crit chance from mods to come anywhere near 100 percent, but it's a thought.

Not that I disagree with you, but with enough crit on your mods you could forgo Berzerk and go with Predation or something, depending on the situation. Not that you could get enough crit chance from mods to come anywhere near 100 percent, but it's a thought.

True but it would be a huge loss of DPS.

Predation is more a PvP skill. Most of the time in fights you want to maximize DPS. Mobility in PvE shouldn't sacrifice much in terms of DPS. Even on movement fights a player can compensate for boss mechanics by knowing where to move. So improving your movement gameplay to overcome the loss of a boost in speed (also one in which you're going to use it in reaction to a mechanic) should be practiced so that you don't sacrifice your dps damage.

I've tried to keep something of a balance between the two of them actually... That siad doing the damage is slightly more important to me than how muh I might do... so probably crit.

(Also I dont have a garuanteed hit ratio yet - its only at a general level of 97% - which means Crit is even more important as it is more likely to apply than a surge if I dont hit all the time.)

Considering the mods you can craft currently don't compare to the ones in PvE gear and the fact that being able to craft on-par mods through schematics from operations is iffy, at best, you may just want to stick with the balance of stats that come standard.

According to numbers Crit is better for rage than surge. Auto-crit smash don't get a big enough boost to off set the lesser damage from your other skills.

As for Annihilation it depends on how much of your DPS comes from bleeds and how often you get the berserk bleeds running. Haven't got any numbers here, but I expect +crit to be better at lest for PvP, due to allowing you to use Pred instead of berserk.

Though maybe +power might be better than both crit and surge.

Edited by Kotli