The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Someone who played WoW please tell me

Zoma

Really? Because I've seen some excellent posts of people defending their reasoning for wanting to play TOR over WoW. Unfortunately, most of them are not.

Another person ignoring Systam's posts I see.

For your talk of Ad Hominems, you just pulled a nice straw man fallacy. ;)

I wasn't addressing anyone but you - not Systam, none of these other people making reasonable arguments. I was just pointing out that you are being hypocritical - criticizing others of attacking because of differing viewpoints, when you are doing the very same thing.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol when somebody Answers you and points out a Valid reason to YOUR Question..you DO attack them.. and when you get it back at you, you get all defensive and then you Go back to 'Square-One' stating how Valid your Original Question was, Whilst at the same time FORGETTING the reason why they Retaliated to your repetitive (oh you guys are amusing) comments.. ?

This my friend is what we call the fine art of trolling, its up to the other forum members and mods as to how long this goes on the more you feed him the more hes going to keep going

your argument was literally:

"WoW is boring, I don't feel like sharing why"

Very good assessment, then tell me that I'm just attacking people for not "agreeing" with me. What is there to agree with me? You don't even know my personal opinions regarding the two games. Seems a bit blindly judgmental to me.

My argument as it stands is that it's, at this point, rather useless to argue which of the MMORPGs is better and why. It's all subjective, a matter of personal opinion and preference. This kind of a thread will succeed in bringing out what you rather degradingly called 'fanbois' and the critics who are aching to register their complaint. It would be best if this back-and-forth were to stop before it begins.

See, your words are in a conflict and contradiction. On one hand you claim not to be biased, and on the other you laud anyone who still shows fondness for WoW, all the while trying to keep the role of an objective observer and that your opinion is somehow more valid than that of posters who dedicate their heart to this game. Amusing? Yes. Also, sad.

For me wow has gotten stale i might go back to wow Bu *** will be after MoP.

But ZOma can you honestly say that your thrilled about pokemon. that you would rather have pokemon than having restro druid pvp fix hunter fix Frost mage fix.

swtor pvp is soppose to be based on 1v1 aswell

If its balanced around 1v1 it will fail HARD in the pvp zone. its impossible to do it well it just is. to make it balanced 1v1 you need to have most every class be prolly about 80%(at least) the same as the others with the same power of healing and damage and taking damage potential.

I can honestly say im kinda looking forward to it. I've collected 75 pets so far on wow and have over 110 mounts. Im happy the time i put into those 75 pets isn't completely useless as it is now. While the fixes would be nice really creating anything more for Endgame will keep more people subbed and have more ppl come back and staying back.

Thing is While WoW pvp isn't balanced its the best its been in its history(contrary to popular belief) Vanilla you had to pve and then you got good gear and 1 shot people. BC war+resto druids? Warlocks vs mages? Mana burn to gladiator? Wotlk was season 5 O GOD THE DK AND RET PALLYS and then the rest of the seasons were dominated by Teams in 3's that could literally global people.

You don't see any of that anymore its nowhere near balanced of course it isn't but its much better than it has been in ages.

Anyone coming into TOR for balanced pvp will be sorely disappointing. MMOs that don't completely differentiate PvP from PvE in talents and abilities will have a very hard time balancing both DPS/tanks/heals in raids and PvP everything

For your talk of Ad Hominems, you just pulled a nice straw man fallacy. ;)

I wasn't addressing anyone but you - not Systam, none of these other people making reasonable arguments. I was just pointing out that you are being hypocritical - criticizing others of attacking because of differing viewpoints, when you are doing the very same thing.

I'm criticizing people like you who come to this thread simply to flame it or spout your personal opinions without any sort of structure, just saying "WOW SUX, ****, GO BACK TO IT WE DONT WANT YOU HERE" without regarding that this is an actual discussion.

If you actually read my posts you'd see that I tend to respond to people in about the same way they come in and create a post directed towards me.

3) It's not. Not in world PVP and not in Warfronts.

well world pv is diffent i have a feeling even in swtor it will be zerg vs zerg

but bear with me here. i rember the old days (vanillia) i(nfornt of Ironforge when i played allie) where even geared people. wher eone person would win change tatics and the other would win rogue was a good example so war you stun lock other you just burn down same way you would a mage.

to me that was 1v1 balance.

and from my point of veiw rightnow he is not trolling he waying a person option in front of the to see if they are a fan boy or have logical reason to move to swtor.

Edited by navycrow

Why would you leave it for a worse version with the Star Wars title smacked on?

Is it really just because it's Star Wars? That seems like a lame reason to quit a game that has every feature this one does + more and far less bugs.

storytelling.

the only point wow had any captivating story was wrath of the lich king. before that, and after that its story sucket major tat.

and even compared to the storytelling in northrend, swtor eclipses wow with its voice acting, cinematic and fluent storytelling. wow has neither of those.

majority of gamers dont give a **** about 'features'. they want to see some entertaining stuff.

sorry to break it to you, but what is called 'powergamers' or 'competitive gamers' et al, are a vocal minority, a minority which i was also in back a while ago.

If its balanced around 1v1 it will fail HARD in the pvp zone. its impossible to do it well it just is. to make it balanced 1v1 you need to have most every class be prolly about 80%(at least) the same as the others with the same power of healing and damage and taking damage potential.

I can honestly say im kinda looking forward to it. I've collected 75 pets so far on wow and have over 110 mounts. Im happy the time i put into those 75 pets isn't completely useless as it is now. While the fixes would be nice really creating anything more for Endgame will keep more people subbed and have more ppl come back and staying back.

Thing is While WoW pvp isn't balanced its the best its been in its history(contrary to popular belief) Vanilla you had to pve and then you got good gear and 1 shot people. BC war+resto druids? Warlocks vs mages? Mana burn to gladiator? Wotlk was season 5 O GOD THE DK AND RET PALLYS and then the rest of the seasons were dominated by Teams in 3's that could literally global people.

You don't see any of that anymore its nowhere near balanced of course it isn't but its much better than it has been in ages.

Anyone coming into TOR for balanced pvp will be sorely disappointing. MMOs that don't completely differentiate PvP from PvE in talents and abilities will have a very hard time balancing both DPS/tanks/heals in raids and PvP everything

Enjoyed reading your post

eh, it's half past 9 over here so I have all day (give or take a few minutes where I'm actually working... *whistles*)

motivation is already lacking, though... but what can I say, I'm apparently 14 years old :cool:

Psst..If you're going to correct or point out others improper/misspelled grammar, perhaps you should be doubly sure you do the same (eh is not proper English, and if it were, the E should be capitalized as it's the beginning of a sentence.)

This my friend is what we call the fine art of trolling, its up to the other forum members and mods as to how long this goes on the more you feed him the more hes going to keep going

Sad because its what he Wants. and This thread has been going on well over 20 pages. with Just a FEW answers.

Panda thing is completely different points of view its not much to argue about. I just can't see pandas being so funny when all the races of wow just make me laugh tbh XD

O no not alot of people i believe honestly are arguing its an adult game buts its used ALOT for why to quit and come same with pandas pokemon and all the other Generic repsonses too it.

I honestly never got into Lotro. Friend said it was fun i just have too much fun with WoW i guess. I always loved lord of the rings games which is weird. I think mmos just stray off the path of the background of movies or book series like Lotr and Star wars.

also you are exactly right BW said they aren't! which is why it confuses me so much why people want it so bad. Im convinced people have no idea at all what the want and its what makes designing games so hard. Fact is If TOR became like WoW whos going to compete with them? Blizzard got lazy and its why the game is declining atm but they can make a comeback they have the resources and staff they just have to be careful.

Competition is good and i never understood why in the mmo market alot of people believe in someway shape or form that its bad to have 2 or more mmos duking it out for control of the market

I don't think Blizzard is even interested in keeping WoW the top game. I'm fairly sure they're trying to figure out how to just move the player base to their next game. and I'm sure lots of people who left WoW for one reason or another will check it out anyway.

well, LotRo, I admit one of the things I liked most about that game is that you are actually .not. the hero and you have your very own story, you are part of the crowd that tidies up the place after the fellowship has passed :D

3) It's not. Not in world PVP and not in Warfronts.

well world pv is diffent i have a feeling even in swtor it will be zerg vs zerg

but bear with me here. i rember the old days (vanillia) i(nfornt of Ironforge when i played allie) where even geared people. wher eone person would win change tatics and the other would win rogue was a good example so war you stun lock other you just burn down same way you would a mage.

to me that was 1v1 balance.

and from my point of veiw rightnow he is not trolling he waying a person option in front of the to see if they are a fan boy or have logical reason to move to swtor.

If people were geared it sure was but if you weren't geared balance didn't exist in any respect. Didn't raid hardcore? GET ONE SHOT

Sad because its what he Wants. and This thread has been going on well over 20 pages. with Just a FEW answers.

You realize that you're just giving this thread more attention with every post you make? Please try to keep it related to the discussion if you're going to continue to do so.

There are no answers in a troll thread, just a wait for the mods to shut it down and then the bets get placed to see how long it will take the OP to start another rambling Trolling Rant......

His failed Troll Thread List today includes:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=12657

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13037

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13139

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13259

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13428

Look at how many he had to post before he finially crafted it into one where he could get the attention he so desperately needs

I'm not a star wars freak at all. The movies are cool, but I've only seen them all once.

I've played wow since closed beta, on and off.

I'm switching to this game because it's better in my opinion. I like how the game 'feels' and plays, the character interaction and honestly just a different experience than the wow-clone fantasy games.

I'm criticizing people like you who come to this thread simply to flame it or spout your personal opinions without any sort of structure, just saying "WOW SUX, ****, GO BACK TO IT WE DONT WANT YOU HERE" without regarding that this is an actual discussion.

If you actually read my posts you'd see that I tend to respond to people in about the same way they come in and create a post directed towards me.

I haven't flamed anyone, nor have I spouted any personal feelings regarding WoW or TOR. You're ignoring my posts, and criticizing me of being ignorant. I've only related that I believe you're being hypocritical - I have read your posts, and that is what got me to this conclusion.

The feelings and enjoyment someone gets from a game is completely relative and subjective. Even if you compare the two games and show that they are mechanically the same, a person may still enjoy TOR over WoW. For whatever reason that may be - the small differences, or the mere fact that is it Star Wars, they are entirely valid reasons. You may disagree with them, or dislike them, but that doesn't make any of them less valid. It is perfectly acceptable for a person to say "I like TOR, even if its just a reskinned WoW, because its Star Wars" - because it is just that, an opinion about something someone does for leisure.

For this reason, I'm saying you attacking any viewpoint that is different is hypocritical, because you're asking people to not attack viewpoints because they are different. You're entire thread is based on that subject alone.

I don't think Blizzard is even interested in keeping WoW the top game. I'm fairly sure they're trying to figure out how to just move the player base to their next game. and I'm sure lots of people who left WoW for one reason or another will check it out anyway.

well, LotRo, I admit one of the things I liked most about that game is that you are actually .not. the hero and you have your very own story, you are part of the crowd that tidies up the place after the fellowship has passed :D

@enitan Thanks :)

Heh that actually sounds pretty cool ill have to try it out someday.

I do kinda believe that also with blizzard. They aren't a bad company i think its just they're in a weird spot with 2 mmos. They want to put more money into titans but at the same time need to put alot into WoW to keep it running well but then need to move the WoW players over if possible and then running 2 HUGE other games with SC2 and its expansion release and Diablo 3

There are no answers in a troll thread, just a wait for the mods to shut it down and then the bets get placed to see how long it will take the OP to start another rambling Trolling Rant......

His failed Troll Thread List today includes:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=12657

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13037

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13139

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13259

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=13428

Look at how many he had to post before he finially crafted it into one where he could get the attention he so desperately needs

It's very nice that you love me enough to find ALL MY POSTS. But I'd like to kindly ask you to keep to the discussion that we have going here instead of constantly deviating to raise your post count.