Someone who played WoW please tell me

Zoma

Why would you leave it for a worse version with the Star Wars title smacked on?

Is it really just because it's Star Wars? That seems like a lame reason to quit a game that has every feature this one does + more and far less bugs.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually. I left WoW because it is extremely boring. Its not a good sign when you fall asleep raiding in the middle of the day, and you weren't even tired when you started it. The game has run its course. This one may have many similar features, but at least its fun and engaging.

Is it really just because it's Star Wars? That seems like a lame reason to quit a game that has every feature this one does + more and far less bugs.

WoW doesnt have companions or space battles or companions that farm for you. Add in Panda bears and the easiest raiding tier since Hello Kitty and yeah, not a hard choice.

Maybe they beat WoW? Maybe they're tired of WoW? Maybe they like story? Maybe they enjoy not playing during early access? (sorry, had to)

Could be lots of reasons.

Coming from someone who preordered the game... I find this hilarious.

and judging by the key in your sig, it was the $150 COLLECTOR'S EDITION.

Edited by Taelin

I'm still playing WoW... in fact right now I'm running some alts through LFR while waiting until my main raid starts tonight.

I will play both games though, WoW doesn't have enough content to keep me busy on weekends I normally only play it 2-3 nights a week.

Coming from someone who preordered the game... I find this hilarious.

and judging by the key in your sig, it was the $150 COLLECTOR'S EDITION.

Sell Malgus Statue for $300

make profit.

Never touch another Star Wars MMO again.

Sounds good to me.

Saying that SWTOR is just a lesser version of WoW means you are either ignorant, a fanboi, or just a moron. For staters, SWTOR has:

a) Better graphics

b) An actual enjoyable story (or stories, based on your class) worth paying attention to

c) Superior class mechanics (resource systems that actually mean something, like varying heat regeneration, for example)

d) Is not one of dozens of fantasy MMOs

e) An actual enjoyable crafting system

f) Companions

g) Instances that are more than just grindfests, with their own storylines, exciting action, and choices

WoW has pandas and pokemon coming, I guess?

Pandas, pokemon, and yet another talent revision are just so totally appealing. SWTOR at least has the illusion of a story and choices. And the crafting system is better.

Illusory is a good word choice.

And the crafting system is practically the same.

WoW stopped being the game it was envisioned to be when the core development team was pulled off of it and put on another projects. For the past few years WoW has been nothing more than a learning tool for new developers and artists arriving at Blizzard.