This is a GOOD LAUNCH.

Bladehamster

I don't know if this is a good or bad launch yet. That being said, as a software programming/development student, I *can* understand staggering launch. There are plenty of factors involved here that players CANNOT see, which may affect stability if millions of people are dumped into the queue simultaneously.

I would rather lose a few days due to queue position and have the server load and such be STABLE, than have a 2-hour wait period where I am not sure that my client is working, that my server of choice is up, down, etc. I've awaited this game for quite some time now, I can wait 2 more days until the promised "up to 5 days" period, and then another 4-5 if I have to to get a better gaming experience.

That being said... I WANT IN!!! :csw_fett:

But it will wait. I shall have my shot at galactic domin... I mean, fun and games :)

I don't know if this is a good or bad launch yet. That being said, as a software programming/development student, I *can* understand staggering launch. There are plenty of factors involved here that players CANNOT see, which may affect stability if millions of people are dumped into the queue simultaneously.

I would rather lose a few days due to queue position and have the server load and such be STABLE, than have a 2-hour wait period where I am not sure that my client is working, that my server of choice is up, down, etc. I've awaited this game for quite some time now, I can wait 2 more days until the promised "up to 5 days" period, and then another 4-5 if I have to to get a better gaming experience.

That being said... I WANT IN!!! :csw_fett:

But it will wait. I shall have my shot at galactic domin... I mean, fun and games :)

this would only work as long they add way more new servers for all the different waves. if not, is a one big failure, and i explain you why.

unlike a single player game, a mmo is based mostly on competition, anyone who plans to play in a pvp server is basically screwed, by the time they start to login, there will be many bored level 50 rush levelers, waiting to gank the new players. the guilds that start earlier will get a very very unfair advantage in comparason with the ones who start on the 20th ( they had a whole week of free play before anyone else)

pve also gets affected, many of the bored level 50 players, will start reroll new characters. so yes new players that login on the 20th, will find the starting areas packed , not only with late gamers, but with the bored level 50 alts.

only way the worse scenario could be avoided, is by adding new servers for every wave that gets in. but this is highly unlikely to happen.

We are going to play the game we have all been waiting for years!

We are going to have a very nice Collector's Box and all the goodies inside!

We have someone telling us whats going on, on Twitter from 5 a.m in the morning until

9pm in the night. (Now you try doing that at your job)

We have people rolling out the server population in batches to ensure it is smooth!

(It will be easier isnt to just let everyone just come in and then crash, crash and crash for the next few days and tell you, sorry we'll be having some maintenance like whoever ahem.)

AND the last but not least

We are going to wield a lightsaber! :jawa_smile:

Starting yet another thread to just give your opinion does not seem the best use of server space...

this would only work as long they add way more new servers for all the different waves. if not, is a one big failure, and i explain you why.

They already have said they will.

Even if you get on a server on the first minute there are people who will get to 50 before anyone else because they have a lot of experience beta testing or play 24 hours a day. If you're worried about PvP ganking, PVE servers may be the way to go.