Another useless patch

kraidy

SO while Bioware continues to ignore big bugs and gamebreaking bugs like can't find target and things that stop continuation of a character, they fix little things? Really Bioware? I'm very close to doing an unsub because I can't continue my main character, I have to play my trooper while my agent collects virtual dust because you guys continue to ignore these gamebreaking bugs.

SO while Bioware continues to ignore big bugs and gamebreaking bugs like can't find target and things that stop continuation of a character, they fix little things? Really Bioware? I'm very close to doing an unsub because I can't continue my main character, I have to play my trooper while my agent collects virtual dust because you guys continue to ignore these gamebreaking bugs.

Can I haz yer stuf?

yo man, those big bugs as u call them take time to find and fix. Just because someone reports a problem doesnt mean they can fix the problem just from a report. They have to replicate the problem and determine if it is server side or client side. Think of all the code a developer has to go through when looking for the problem.

What I got from OP's post

" Im a super pro developer and all bugs take five seconds to fix for me! Theres no way, NO WAY such large bugs could take more then 4.8 seconds for people to fix.

God forbid they actually fixed a lotta stuff, flashpoint etc. Thats not enough for you kids right? o_O

I could make the waaaaaaahhh post, but its overdone. And sadly someone else called dibs on your stuff.

Edited by Darkercrab

yes, they ignored it. These fixes obviously weren't quicker than the ones you talked about...They must have ignored what people are saying. That's a GREAT business practice. :rolleyes:

yes because clearly they are doing nothing about it. You know everything they are working on, and because they got out the easy *fast fix* bugs they are ignoring yours. Because clearly all of BW staff works on the same bugs at all the time.

Seriously...they have different teams i am sure a team is working on the bigger bugs, but bigger bugs take longer to get rid of.. Stop complaining or just leave without needing to announce it to those of us who do not care.

yes, they ignored it. These fixes obviously weren't quicker than the ones you talked about...They must have ignored what people are saying. That's a GREAT business practice. :rolleyes:

Of coooouuurse they are ignoring it, it isnt like the major bugs take TIME to fix, and arent as easy as flipping a switch.

But your a pro, so go fix em for us super man.

it isnt that they ignore them, its just that they cannot fix them. any bug involving the combat system is ingrained in the engine, hence, not solvable by default.

they are simply hoping that people gets tired of bringing those up and shut up, because they cannot do anything else.

Clearly you have no idea how these things work. Or maybe you are Mr. Super Bug Fixer and should be employed by every major developer so you can fix this stuff in a matter hours.

:rolleyes:

" Im a super pro developer and all bugs take five seconds to fix for me! Theres no way, NO WAY such large bugs could take more then 4.8 seconds for people to fix.

God forbid they actually fixed a lotta stuff, flashpoint etc. Thats not enough for you kids right? o_O

I could make the waaaaaaahhh post, but its overdone. And sadly someone else called dibs on your stuff.

Before you call someone a kid, know who you are talking to.

This wasn't a "patch", read the dev notes... it was "maintenance".

BIG difference Simon.

Z

Um no you are clueless, it says soon as you log in that patch 1.0.2 went in today. Please read before you speak.

It was a bug fix patch...but a patch nontheless.

Who exactly are we talking to? Because unless you are president Obama, i could care less. Or hell i couldn't care if you were him either lol.

Something such as your last statement does nothing to help this post out. You tell him/her to know who they are talking to but yet you dont tell us who we are talking to...

yo man, those big bugs as u call them take time to find and fix. Just because someone reports a problem doesnt mean they can fix the problem just from a report. They have to replicate the problem and determine if it is server side or client side. Think of all the code a developer has to go through when looking for the problem.

Uh...this game had a really long beta period in which major gamestopping bugs like the several that prevent people from progressing through their PRIMARY CLASS QUEST should have long since been fixed. I highly doubt through the whole beta, no one reported these things and just kinda lol'd and went off to play other characters.

"KNow who im talking to?"

Who am i talking to exactly? Just some internet nobody whom cries over something he doesn't get.

Granted im an internet nobody to on the forums, but at the very least ive played enough MMO's to have seen This whole process a dozen times.

But pray tell, Who is this mighty fellow that I must check what I type and be in fear of retribution?

it isnt that they ignore them, its just that they cannot fix them. any bug involving the combat system is ingrained in the engine, hence, not solvable by default.

they are simply hoping that people gets tired of bringing those up and shut up, because they cannot do anything else.

Can't find target should have been found before launch, this is a gamebreaking bug if it happens to a main story boss, like it has happen to me, so ya I deserve to be pissed when I can not continue my sega.

Uh...this game had a really long beta period in which major gamestopping bugs like the several that prevent people from progressing through their PRIMARY CLASS QUEST should have long since been fixed. I highly doubt through the whole beta, no one reported these things and just kinda lol'd and went off to play other characters.

Yes, and the MMO Giant WoW doesn't have bugs that were from beta...6+ years and never fixed it? Dont see them kiddies crying each day about it.

Yes, and the MMO Giant WoW doesn't have bugs that were from beta...6+ years and never fixed it? Dont see them kiddies crying each day about it.

What bugs in WoW exist today from 6+ years ago that prevent you from progressing your character and leave you completely stuck in limbo so you have to go play another character?

Unfortunately, not every part of a game's development is an equal sized task, and we must prioritize fixes as best we can.

To speak to your example, while you may have never seen someone ask for emoting from a mount, it may still have been asked for (either in threads you've not seen, or in bug reports, for example). It's also possible this was a fix that was being worked on before launch, and has only just now made it into the game, or that fixing this bug clears the way for other bugs to be fixed, or that adding it allows other features to be implemented. And sometimes, it's just something we wanted to fix.

While we cannot acknowledge every single post and every single request made on these Forums, we're reading and passing on the desires to the development team. Every major request that's been made by players since launch is being discussed and prioritized. That doesn't mean every feature requested will make it into the game - we'd end up developing a very schizophrenic game if we did that. However many requested features will ultimately end up in the game.

While I'd suggest everyone does check the Dev Tracker from time to time, you should also keep an eye on our new Community Blog, which has already hosted a post from James Ohlen about some future features, and will have more insights as we go forward into additions to the game.

The team is hard at work on improving and where required fixing the game. Not every fix is easy and not every feature can be added overnight, but we'll continue to work to make the game even better.

there you go