Sith Sorc - Lightning spec lacks OOMF

Mishso

Any one feel that the SORC lightning spec lacks damage? I leveled as madness to 50 then at 50 switched over, but found that lightning doesnt really do more damage, in Warzones as madness I was doing 300k+ damage, now that im lightning I do 180 to 220K and breaking a 2k Crit is almost impossible.

As madness my deathfield constantly crit for 2400 on 3 or more people, my dots made me survive longer, and i could damage more people (meaning i would do more damage over time) but it just feels like Lightning is gimp right now :\ Let me know what you think, and if im the only one then i guess im just retarded at lightning

if you are going pvp madness is the way the lighting casts are way to long for pvp and madness as alot more of survivability, though for pve i still dont know what might be best but either the full lighting or hybrid i dont believe the madness spec is that good for pve, right now im trying lighting spec 3/31/7. and im not unhappy about it though i dont have any standards to compare it to might try the hybrid once to check it out.

ive decided to go full madness to level mostly because i dont know what im doing. :p

im liking the playstyle, the damage, and the survivability in both pve and pvp and though ive reviewed the lightning tree and considered switching, i dont think i will.

if anything i might switch to healing later.

so rock on with madness and dont look back i say.

I play a currently lvl 30 Sorcerer with the lightning tree spec. Personally, I do think this particular build lacks crowd control since our only real AOE is chain lightning, but against single targets (especially bosses) we do quite a bit of damage.

It generally doesn't cause a problem cause I always play with my friends. Lightning has oomf, as you put it, you just have to direct it at a single target.

I don't think Lightning spec lacks OOMF :p.

When all my procs are active I tend to sometimes aggro the boss a little too much. Thundering Blast was always critting for around 2700 when I was just in blues (3k now that I have some gear). Crit is really important for a Lightning Sorcerer I noticed. Lots of procs happen when we crit.

Using this spec atm: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZrsrbdoMutzZcM0M.1

Edited by Unago