Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What spec are you leveling with?

Rankith

Watchman. When just running around questing I feel slightly underpowered and wish I had the AOE capabilities of Focus or Combat, (esp that Shii Cho Zen wow) but then I go into a flashpoint or fight an elite and get my happy on.

The burn damage is amazing when focusing a single target and the utility to the group when I pop zen is a lovely bonus for big fights.

Edited by shoveljon

sigh i wish i read this thread a few days go before i went combat. but yeah i have found it underwhelming so far up to level 26. i guess i'll stick with it now that it starts improving. Edited by perato

I played Watchman to mid 20s in the beta and enjoyed it a bit. When i rolled for the live game, I paid more attention to my initial talent points and sort of fell into Combat spec.

I'll probably check out Ataru form for a while and if I don't like it, either go back to the familiarity of Watchman or see what Focus is about.

I do believe I'll always be putting 10 points into combat on pretty much any build I come up with. Four of those talents are general enough to be worth it, IMO (maxing Dual Wield Mastery, Defensive Forms, Temperance, and Steadfast).

Watchman is the way to go. Went back to it for Overload Saber and wow, the sustained DPS for elites is awesome. I just roll through them now. It's awesome when doing Heroics and Flashpoints too as the single target DPS is quite good and easily sustained. Key point: Don't use Blade Storm as Watchman spec. Doesn't synergize well with the tree and costs too much.

yeah, I went focus this time.

blows combat away. and possibly even watchman.

Focus isn't as sexy, as it doesn't give you new things for the most part. It just makes what you already have better.

-3s off MS cooldown. -3s off all force ability cooldowns. 6% crit on force moves. sweep/bladestorm mostly, for early moves.

15% crit on slash and 6% damage.

It greatly buffs your core moves.

The heal isn't a life saver. If you played wow, think bloodthirst heal, or second wind.

Small heal that overtime will add up. But will do nothing vs focus fire, or constant damage.

pop zen with your dots rolling and your defensive cds up, and you go form 2% to 60% hp really fast, just switched combat at 36, determined to play it lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.