Have you tried Assault in PVP

PocketHealer

I levelled all the way to 50 as Gunnery with various short spans as a healer when i messed around in PvP.

I decided to randomly give Assault spec a try at lvl 50 to see how it goes as I was getting a bit upset with Combat Medic spec not performing as well as i'd hoped.

It seems to be really fun and changes the dynamics of the class alot. As Gunnery I was used to sniping down healers or anyone really from full to 0 hp making sure i get the kill. Id have trouble when jumped by a melee.

Now as assault I am able to kite melee around all day by spamming hammer shot and getting the proc snare, throwing nades and high impact bolts at them in between. Spend most of my time spreading my dots around and doing some pretty mean AOE dmg.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried Assault aswell as it seems to be the most unpopoular spec and I am finding it a refreshing change from Gunnery and Medic.

Not yet in PvP, but currently i level as Assault (only lev 21 so far) and have to say, its all but static, i really love it... as someone said its a kite & Burn up tree... with 2 cc- breakers, i guess, its fun for PvP. have to try soon.