The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear for Hard Modes

smokybones

Hey all, just hit 50 yesterday and was wondering what specific stats should I be at to tank hard modes better. Did both HM Black Talon and Boarding Party today, and they were both pretty rough. Finished Black Talon, but could not finish the last boss of Boarding Party. Any info would be helpful and thanks!!!

The last boss in boarding party is pretty massively overtuned and almost impossible with melee DPS in the group. I wouldn't worry about not being able to do that one.

While not a FP Forum....

This is an easy fight if you separate the commander from the other two........

I run with 2 melee dps all the time and we do just fine.

BP is hard but doable, but the chest was bugged for me. Sucky.

Just have the 3 other party members stand in back corner. YOu move halfway between boss and party. Tag boss. Melee guy is untankable in the sense he randomly attacks diff people, so have the other party members kill him. Hopefully your healer get's agro on the healing dude and can force him to come close to you. You taunt him when he's in melee range.

Now if you have all melee dps after melee dude is dead, hopefuly you have healer with AOE heals. Otherwise it'll be more difficult, because as they are killing the healer guy, they will be taking the aoe damage.

Otherwise range can stand with healer and hit the healer guy.

Once that guy is dead, again if melee with AOE healer, triangle/circle around the boss.

If range, stay at range tank, healer stands out of range of boss, range run into range, dps, run out before getting killed.

Had trouble doing this a couple of days ago because it bugged and the Commander's shield never dropped after downing the security chief and medic.

We had to do it like a relay in the end, dps until everyone but one person died from his reflective shield, the remaining person had to kite him until the others got back in the instance and dps'd again.

We finally got him down but it bugged again and we didn't get loot anyway.