PvP healing?

Rimbaldo

I've read the woes over our capability as a damage dealer in PvP, but I'm wondering how we do in healing. It's not a role I particularly want to play, but I'm the only one out of the group of friends I PvP with that rolled a heal capable archtype so I may bite the bullet if the experience is more positive than I think it will be.

Seeing how easily I get shut down by melee as an Arsenal Merc I'm kind of expecting a lot of replies telling me I'll be zerged and instantly murdered as soon as I'm seen throwing out a heal, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Bodyguard is one of the best reactionary/burst healers for single targets. Your AoE healing is a bit limited, but it just means you can't stat pad as hard as Sorcs can. You still get to hang onto some damage depending on how you spec, and you'll always have your aoe damage for stat padding. I have a blast as a healer in PvP, and you're much, much harder to take down than Arsenal/Pyrotechs. Read some of the healing guides and give it a shot. Getting one of your tankable friends to guard you would be a good move, too. It's the least they can do.

it's fine, not as good as operative but fine. the biggest problem is the spammable rapid shots heal via support cylinder is a dead giveaway and will have the enemies on you in no time, so it's probably advisable to not even use it even though it actually is pretty decent later on

I decided against it after seeing how awful the medal system works in regards to healing. I'll probably end up trying it out once the disparity's fixed but as is now...

Good move. I switched to heals at 50 and the reduction in medals means I've got to play a LOT more games to earn those bags. Pretty frustrating considering I'm 10 times more useful as heals than I am as dps.