swtor tanking already?

krakken

From an article that tracks game sales...

According to the latest sales report at Chart-Track.co.uk, Star Wars: The Old Republic's retail sales have dropped drastically. SWTOR first hit the charts at #10 during the week of its release but has plummeted to #38 as of December 31st

These are worse numbers than SWG had. I told you guys over a year ago about what this game would end up being and I have been exactly right about game play, numbers, subs, and what the forum complaints would be. bioware has sealed the fate of any chance that sw will be a mmo again.

Thanks man, I appreciate your efforts. Outstanding accuracy and reliable source referencing. Keep up the good work as MMO prophet. Please guide us for the next MMO release.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where you are getting your information. As of right now in Global Sales ( Physical copies only, no digital downloads etc.) Swtor is reaching 2 million sold. It is number one in the world. This is according to VGchartz.

So where is your sauce?

Edited by Sent

According to the latest sales report at Chart-Track.co.uk, Star Wars: The Old Republic's retail sales have dropped drastically. SWTOR first hit the charts at #10 during the week of its release but has plummeted to #38 as of December 31st

These are worse numbers than SWG had. I told you guys over a year ago about what this game would end up being and I have been exactly right about game play, numbers, subs, and what the forum complaints would be. bioware has sealed the fate of any chance that sw will be a mmo again.

it's misleading that is boxed sales; stock is being limited in the UK because the EU servers are so full right now most stores are sold out of boxed copies.

MMOcrunch tried to use this as yet another TOR is doomed platformed and Jef Rehard from massivley who hates TOR jumped on it.

Nice try but no cigar. :rolleyes:

Are you daft? Are you really so shocked that there are fewer sales after the first week?

No, I am not. As I mentioned, the sales in Europe took a heavy nose-dive for the week after Christmas, much steeper than in USA. The problem in Europe is that BioWare failed to realise December 27th was a holiday for many/most people Europe, a day when shops are open first time after Christmas (yeah, I was at work) and people are on a shopping-spree.

BioWare took servers down on December 27th, for the whole day (night time in USA, day-time in Europe). During Christmas I had talked two of my brothers in law buy SWTOR, we were supposed to play together. They both tried to buy the digital version on 27th, but it wasn't available in Europe. They both (unknowing to each other in fact) went and bought the physical copy of the game on 27th, attempted to create an account for the whole day, got frustrated and returned the game to shop next day and got some Wii or X-BOX game as replacement. We are not playing SWTOR together :(

It is bound to have happened elsewhere too, all over in Europe. This whole mess is not made any easier by the lack of customer support; frustrated people got no help from anywhere. It is no wonder the SWTOR sales took a massive nose-dive in Europe. You will notice the difference is huge in the sales between USA and EU for the week 25th-31st. BioWare simply failed to understand the European market, and it was a horrible decission from marketing point of view to make the game unavailable in Europe on the biggest sales day of the year.

You conveniently left out the part about sales figures not including digital sales which are a huge percentage of purchases. Fail but half a point for trying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.