Taris, Rakghouls, and Bonus Quests

Anomalis

Am I the only one severely irritated with Taris in general? The majority of the quests I get have to do with going into Rakghoul territory and either killing them or retrieving something from them. I can't count the number of bonus quests I've gotten that simply say "Kill 30 Rakghouls." I've gotten two three-stage bonus quests to kill Rakghouls. In total, I've probably gotten about 200+ Rakghoul deaths just for quests, not for getting caught by them on the road (which happens frequently because they're littering most quest-heavy areas).

BioWare, can you not think of anything a little more creative for bonuses than "Kill 15-20, Kill 30, Kill elite"? I'm really getting frustrated with the lack of variety in secondary objectives. I think I've gotten one quest so far to do something other than kill in the bonus since I've started this game.

While yes it is slightly annoying to have to kill these things over and over keep in mind that it's a planet literally infested with them. What did u expect to kill? Tantuns?

for the empire we're pretty much trying to destroy the planet whereas the republic is trying to save it.. so i would say attacking the republic for the most part would be better story wise for the empire wouldnt you?

Am I the only one severely irritated with Taris in general? The majority of the quests I get have to do with going into Rakghoul territory and either killing them or retrieving something from them. I can't count the number of bonus quests I've gotten that simply say "Kill 30 Rakghouls." I've gotten two three-stage bonus quests to kill Rakghouls. In total, I've probably gotten about 200+ Rakghoul deaths just for quests, not for getting caught by them on the road (which happens frequently because they're littering most quest-heavy areas).

BioWare, can you not think of anything a little more creative for bonuses than "Kill 15-20, Kill 30, Kill elite"? I'm really getting frustrated with the lack of variety in secondary objectives. I think I've gotten one quest so far to do something other than kill in the bonus since I've started this game.

i hate to state the obvious but those are bonus quests.....you know side quests to make you decide whether to avoid as much as possible or just mow through that last pack.

i really hope you didn't think they were a major part of the game or quest line.

i hate to state the obvious but those are bonus quests.....you know side quests to make you decide whether to avoid as much as possible or just mow through that last pack.

i really hope you didn't think they were a major part of the game or quest line.

I already know this, but it doesn't mean it's any less frustrating to have that objective be the same thing over and over. There should be a variety of ways to get bonus experience from bonus missions. This is just obnoxious.

Yes, I realize it's a major infestation and plot point for the Republic to deal with Rakghouls, but I have done so many quests concerning them, I've began to just spam the spacebar when I see a new quest (something I never do since I enjoy character interaction and dialogue). There's a point where it's just too much.

• 2 weeks later...
While yes it is slightly annoying to have to kill these things over and over keep in mind that it's a planet literally infested with them. What did u expect to kill? Tantuns?

Thats not so much the point for me as it has to be these rakghouls here not the ones 5m away.