Pre-order.. please read

COLOSAL

Ok.. heres how it goes folks.. The big complaint about this process should be as follows. This is an example of the true picture.

lets say I am selling 12 apples for 5 dollars.

lets say the first 200 people who buy my apples get all 12 for 5 bucks.

then, I realize im low on apples...

So, I start putting 8 apples,, then 7,, and so on , in each bag there after.

In simple economic terms, it doesnt add up.

So while I do see a TON of whining in the forums, my point is simple. It does seem like a money grab for someone out there to charge the same amount to each person, except, the more you sell ,, the less you get..

In the real world, you and I could never pull off this pyramid scheme.

We all know,, we would charge less , if giving less..

Ok.. heres how it goes folks.. The big complaint about this process should be as follows. This is an example of the true picture.

So while I do see a TON of whining in the forums, my point is simple. It does seem like a money grab for someone out there to charge the same amount to each person, except, the more you sell ,, the less you get..

You didn't pay for early access. If you did, then you were ripped off by the retailer, not Bioware or EA.

Edited by DoYouReadThis

Makes sense but we are all getting 12 apples, just some of us get it sooner than others.

Imagine if this early access was a giant line and they were handing us 12 apples each. Now the people who got in line first get their apples first, but for those of us who waited because we weren't sure if those apples were ripe enough or we didn't have the money, got in line later. Now we're all the way at the back of the line. We have to wait to get to the front and get our apples. Because the amount of people that wanted to get apples is so large the apple sellers decided to start selling apples early so that we'd all get a chance to get apples. It doesn't negate the fact that we're still in line.

Sure those in the front of the line get to eat and enjoy their apples before we do, and some of them will scarf them down and finish them first, but we must not be jealous or impatient because we will soon get our apples too.

Edited by SuberBaird

Makes sense but we are all getting 12 apples, just some of us get it sooner than others.

Imagine if this early access was a giant line and they were handing us 12 apples each. Now the people who got in line first get their apples first, but for those of us who waited because we weren't sure if those apples were ripe enough or we didn't have the money, got in line later. Now we're all the way at the back of the line. We have to wait to get to the front and get our apples. Because the amount of people that wanted to get apples is so large the apple sellers decided to start selling apples early so that we'd all get a chance to get apples. It doesn't negate the fact that we're still in line.

^

This...I can't wait to get my early access, whenever it might be. Thanks Bioware for the gift of a couple of free days to play.

You didn't pay for early access. If you did, then you were ripped off by the retailer, not Bioware or EA.

Thats why I said " someone out there".. Im not blaming bioware.. but the cash grab is obvious. Not to say It wasnt pointed out.. Just saying the math is bad for us,, not them...

Sure those in the front of the line get to eat and enjoy their apples before we do, and some of them will scarf them down and finish them first, but we must not be jealous or impatient because we will soon get our apples too.

Even when some people stepped in front of those who were ahead in line? Those who preordered early. didnt get a code till weeks later. While those who preordered later got in sooner.

No, you aren't paying per se, but you are risking your capital in hopes that the game will be good with the added incentive of playing earlier.

Plus we're all paying for the game. Nothing is free.

Edited by noctivagus

Seems some people are misunderstanding the concept of a staggered pre-launch.

One can argue whether a staggered launch is better than a conventional launch.

But the fact is, you never payed for access on the 13th. That was a freebie from Bioware/EA.

And you didn't pay for 5 days pre-launch. Again that is a freebie for preordering the game. As well the SWTOR is selling it as "Up to 5 days" access. Meaning you may or may not get 5 days access, if a retailer sold it to you as "5 days" access then they mislead you.

Though from the sounds of it, almost everyone who pre-ordered it before now, should have access on the 15th, meaning for the most of the people will get the majority of their "Up to 5 days free access." And if you pre-order after that, you get a "minimum of 1 day" access, until the 18th.

I think the analogy you are looking for is, You are selling 12 apples for $5. The first 200 people get 7 extra free apples, the next 200 get 6 extra and so on. Buy now and get up to 5 days early access.

Edited by coronary

I disagree. I bought directly from EA/Origin under the conditions - they proposed - which was "buy early/play early". So yes, I did pay for early access because it was part of the agreement we both entered in to. To be fair, they were clear about the amount of early access being unclear.

Seems clear enough to me. :)

With a perspective of the real world where someone somewhere owes you something. Oh well you wouldn't survive a day in the real world.

Seems some people are misunderstanding the concept of a staggered pre-launch.

One can argue whether a staggered launch is better than a conventional launch.

But the fact is, you never payed for access on the 13th. That was a freebie from Bioware/EA.

And you didn't pay for 5 days pre-launch. Again that is a freebie for preordering the game. As well the SWTOR is selling it as "Up to 5 days" access. Meaning you may or may not get 5 days access, if a retailer sold it to you as "5 days" access then they mislead you.

Though from the sounds of it, almost everyone who pre-ordered it before now, should have access on the 15th, meaning for the most of the people will get the majority of their "Up to 5 days free access." And if you pre-order after that, you get a "minimum of 1 day" access, until the 18th.

answer me this then, I bought 3 accounts all on the same day from origin. 1 for me, 2 for my sons. Origin sent me my code the next day. I entered it, and had no problems. However, the other 2 accounts never recieved the codes. I called them, and they said I would have the codes by the 20th..lol. of this month.. when I asked if I got the 5 dollar refund for no early access,, origin told me I had to take it up with Bioware. And for the record, I ordered all 3 accounts on day 1 of pre-order.. so there are some obvious glitches here..

Even when some people stepped in front of those who were ahead in line? Those who preordered early. didnt get a code till weeks later. While those who preordered later got in sooner.

I understand your frustration. I was like you, then I realized it doesn't matter.

The game is mostly a single player experience until max level. As of right now nothing is going on max level. So you really haven't missed out on much.

No extra money was paid; you would have pre-ordered it anyways if there was no early access.

Everything is cool. You'll get in eventually. You shouldn't be mad until the 20th and you still can't get in.

answer me this then, I bought 3 accounts all on the same day from origin. 1 for me, 2 for my sons. Origin sent me my code the next day. I entered it, and had no problems. However, the other 2 accounts never recieved the codes. I called them, and they said I would have the codes by the 20th..lol. of this month.. when I asked if I got the 5 dollar refund for no early access,, origin told me I had to take it up with Bioware. And for the record, I ordered all 3 accounts on day 1 of pre-order.. so there are some obvious glitches here..

Well that is a technical issue with their sales department.

One could run into the same issue with any retailer, where their is an issue with your codes.

And that is an important issue, especially when Origin is one of major official vendors for the game.

However most of the issue's to my knowledge are people who got their codes redeemed, and are unhappy that they didn't get to play on day 1 of early access. They will get to play, just not on the first day, especially when they were promised 'Up to 5 days of early game access' and not '7 days of game access' This could also be a fault with them not telling their vendors to inform their vendors that this a staggered start, not a conventional one.