Anyone not 50 yet?

dashspeed

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not 2013...but I would say 2 months real world time is about average to get to 50 for an average player.

That is you look around, admire planet design, listen to what people are saying, try a little bit of everything....

if your brain is thinking, but this activity does not produce max exp/hour....there's the problem. What level you are does not matter, really...its the journey to it that does.

I do understand that it is hard to enjoy the journey, when some have been conditioned to skip mediocre low/mid level range game because all that matter is at top level. Kinda renders the game useless...especially an RPG, where it is ALL about the journey and interaction with the world.

It's hard for me to enjoy the journey when the content is mediocre and repetitive. To explain my point here, lets look at 'admiring planet design'. The design of the planets is all done in a way that will funnel you through corridors and certain paths to the next quests and instances, I can only do so much admiring when i'm walking through a corridor. The graphics aren't good enough for me to want to screenshot everything, either. Muddy textures and jaggies everywhere.

I've done most of the flashpoints (which were boring past the first few. Now they have maybe one or two dialogues per flashpoint, it's rather disappointing), as many of the space missions as I could bear, a decent amount of pvp and i've been helping lower level friends with things as well.

Still, now i'm at the end of the levelling experience and have nothing much to do. Nothing much fun at least, repeating dailies and spending half my time in loading screens whilst hunting holocrons ain't my style. Past that the content is either non-existent or buggy and underwhelming

And don't even mention levelling up another character. I don't want to play on a faction that my friends aren't on, and I don't want to have to repeat 90% of the samey content (See: Sidequests) again.

It's hard for me to enjoy the journey when the content is mediocre and repetitive. To explain my point here, lets look at 'admiring planet design'. The design of the planets is all done in a way that will funnel you through corridors and certain paths to the next quests and instances, I can only do so much admiring when i'm walking through a corridor. The graphics aren't good enough for me to want to screenshot everything, either. Muddy textures and jaggies everywhere.

I've done most of the flashpoints (which were boring past the first few. Now they have maybe one or two dialogues per flashpoint, it's rather disappointing), as many of the space missions as I could bear, a decent amount of pvp and i've been helping lower level friends with things as well.

Still, now i'm at the end of the levelling experience and have nothing much to do. Nothing much fun at least, repeating dailies and spending half my time in loading screens whilst hunting holocrons ain't my style. Past that the content is either non-existent or buggy and underwhelming

And don't even mention levelling up another character. I don't want to play on a faction that my friends aren't on, and I don't want to have to repeat 90% of the samey content (See: Sidequests) again.

Why are you playing a mediocre game? Why not play/do something else? Is it because you paid for this and now you must eat it no matter what? I've bought games and played them only a little.

I don't have earlier experience with mmos as I skipped WoW and the others. Because of that, I don't have a clue what this game "should" be like. Well, I wonder if WoW was perfectly polished and full of fun all the way to level 900 straight after release. All I know is that I've had so much fun playing this game.

I've got three characters with the most advanced at 29. I'm in no hurry.

Why are you playing a mediocre game? Why not play/do something else? Is it because you paid for this and now you must eat it no matter what? I've bought games and played them only a little.

I don't have earlier experience with mmos as I skipped WoW and the others. Because of that, I don't have a clue what this game "should" be like. Well, I wonder if WoW was perfectly polished and full of fun all the way to level 900 straight after release. All I know is that I've had so much fun playing this game.

I've got three characters with the most advanced at 29. I'm in no hurry.

You've only really leveled through the most polished part of the game (which also happens to be the part of the game with the best story quest to side quest ratio). It slows down and draws out a lot. I really want to like this game. I love Star Wars, I loved Kotor, and I love being able to play a Smuggler in the Star Wars universe. But damn, the story and gameplay really lose their lustre once you get further into the game.

If you think the finish is impeccable it shows how little you have played. This is about as, or more buggy, then any game on release thus far.

I call BS on this.

You sir, have no idea what you're talking about.

Since I don't have work right now, I'm pretty much no-lifing it, and I've been playing since the 16th. As of right now, I have a 32 Vanguard, 25 Sage, 17 Sniper, and 13 Maurader. Enjoying the hell out of my storylines and searching for datacrons and crafting. Edited by Greyfeld

I think the finishing is impeccable for a launch title MMO.
Curious what class you are that you think its still impeccable at 28? Not that they re game breaking by any means but there are a ton of polish problems (e.g. tiny NPCs, dialog where all the choices are blank, inability for the voice actors to pronounce certain words consistently, poorly thought out DS/LS options, inconsistent companion personalities).