Where do you find the time for Crew Skills?

Kerplode

Like, I can't send my Companion out for missions or to craft things because I need them with me to fight, and I don't want to do it when I'm not fighting because I'm talking to NPCs and I want his affection to go higher so missions take shorter amounts of time, etc.

So how do I get my Skills up?

Currently a lvl 17 Sith Assassin, just finished Dromund Kaas.

Like, I can't send my Companion out for missions or to craft things because I need them with me to fight, and I don't want to do it when I'm not fighting because I'm talking to NPCs and I want his affection to go higher so missions take shorter amounts of time, etc.

So how do I get my Skills up?

Currently a lvl 17 Sith Assassin, just finished Dromund Kaas.

you do know that you will get more than one companion right? also you can send them out on missions or have them craft before you log out.

Once you get your ship you can always use the droid to run the collection missions. That is what I did and it worked very well. Granted he does not have any bonuses but it is better than nothing.

you do know that you will get more than one companion right? also you can send them out on missions or have them craft before you log out.

Yes, but crafting 5 things which will only gain me 5-8 levels and while I'm logged off for 8+ hours isn't necessarily efficient.

I'd just like to craft without losing my companion, who has a +15 to Artifice, while the droid on my ship has no bonuses what-so-ever.

i feel your pain as i am a level 28 jedi..i love how the crafting system works..i send 2 people to do missions and keep 1 for the quests..my only problem is you can craft 5 items per toon before you log out but can only send them on 1 mission.. will they make it so you can send them on a few missions at once so when you log out for hours you will not miss anything.