Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

have you ever seen that episode of south park where cartman buys a theme park and doesn't let anyone in which makes everyone want to go there. thats what ea and bioware are doing there not stupid.

after the initial sales are done star wars is a dead game

and you are still here... why?

Nevermind the fact that the entire post is invalid..since he didn't pay for EGA. He paid for a pre-order..which he received and has confirmed that he received.

Oh I know, I'm just going to start correcting his spelling and not wasting more braincells on clearly pointless arguments with him. I imagine his facing turning red every time, and it makes me giggle a little :)

In no way am i trying to troll

what i want is what i payed for, and at the moment i am not getting that, i payed for a PREORDER , which was the same money and same product as those who are currently online are.

Which is not what i am getting, i have been scammed, which is against the law

Pre-order:

-preorder (disambiguation).

A pre-order is an order placed for an item which has not yet been released. The idea for pre-orders came when people found it hard to get popular items in stores due to their popularity. Companies were then given the idea to allow people to reserve their own personal copy, before the release, which has been a huge success. Pre-orders allow consumers to guarantee prompt delivery on release, manufacturers can gauge how much demand there will be and hence how large initial production runs should be, and sellers can be assured of minimum sales. Additionally, high pre-order rates can be used to generate publicity to further increase sales.

... lets have a little imaginary game of 'what would you do'

Imagine you have a ton of crates full with bananas and 50 papuans to feed for five days.

... do you tell them to wait and keep checking their innuit hut for bannanas

OR

do you tell them when to expect bannanas?

I know what i'd do if I didnt want 50 angry papuans in front of my banana warehouse

I vote BBQ the little buggers and serve them with a side of banana chutney.

I have to say, the UP TO 5 days was not mentioned when I purchased the game on day 1 of pre-order. I think the "Up To" was a bit of an after thought, and yes a sales tool.

On the flip side of that coin mind, the ads and sales material if I recall simply said "Early Access", no mention of how many days, not when I pre-ordered on the 21 July anyway.

So maybe yeah not happy and feel for some people, but you will get "Early Access" which is what you actually bought.

I vote BBQ the little buggers and serve them with a side of banana chutney.
Kill them, cure them, and sell them as jerky. Pre-packaged jerky is overpriced like a mofo..you could make a killing. Then, sell the Bananas too..since everyone loves Bananas.

Why no..I'm not going to play a Bounty Hunter...?

Edited by Hordequester

cylak you paid for a preorder and you got a preorder...you got EXACTLY what you paid for...actually BW was so kind to even give you MORE than what you paid for by giving you up to 5 days of EGA...what a sweet deal!!!!

if i got what i payed for, i would be playing like the others.

Oh I know, I'm just going to start correcting his spelling and not wasting more braincells on clearly pointless arguments with him. I imagine his facing turning red every time, and it makes me giggle a little :)

ooh! sounds fun. Wonder how a drinking game would work. Every time paid is spelled wrong take a shot? Good 'nuff for me!

Kill them, cure them, and sell them as jerky. Pre-packaged jerky is overpriced like a mofo..you could make a killing. Then, sell the Bananas too..since everyone loves Bananas.

Why no..I'm not going to play a Bounty Hunter...?

I absolutely hate bananas!

Simple fact is, you purchase a product, and you expect that product to be the exact same as bob or pete have purchased, if it was going to be different in anyway, they should have made people aware of this PRIOR, and take note, PRIOR to purchsing it.

Again they are misleading people into purchasing a product to get sales, and not providing what the person has payed for.

No, that's your expectation (and a foolish one at that). I want a link to the actual RULE you say is in place. The one that makes Bioware LIBEL.

Also, they have given you exactly what you paid for. What is stated on Amazon, that you'll get early access, is exactly what you're getting.

I have to say, the UP TO 5 days was not mentioned when I purchased the game on day 1 of pre-order. I think the "Up To" was a bit of an after thought, and yes a sales tool.

On the flip side of that coin mind, the ads and sales material if I recall simply said "Early Access", no mention of how many days, not when I pre-ordered on the 21 July anyway.

So maybe yeah not happy and feel for some people, but you will get "Early Access" which is what you actually bought.

Yeah, they added "up to" later. They shouldn't need to though, the staggered release system was stated, so it's self-explanatory. For intelligent people that is. Which might explain why they added it. Looking at the forums though it might've been not enough.