Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

Exactly. This extra time is no special thing Bioware is giving us. We bought this time by giving them expected future sales.

But you didn't buy 'guaranteed access at day X'. You bought a part in the EGA, details to come.

That was the deal, that was the legal text, that was what you accepted to.

Edited by xandax

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

EA/bioware are to blame for all this

we already know people on forum are not alway very gracious...

What they are playing is creating a privileged group inside the communauty then create a more privileged group inside that privileged group etc...

it the best way to alienate people

it's not clever to go for something like

"we want to make sure we "reward" the people who pre-order the game the 5 more then the people who pre-order it the 18"

that slow artificial line for early access (aka un-official release date for 1million of players)

is stupid, it was obvious it will create a very bad mood in the forum

(place that usualy dont need help for that)

today was the "light" period for qq thread

Wait for friday or worst saturday if there is still pre-order folks waiting to get in :rolleyes:

LMAO! Yeah, did the Amazon rep sit you down with their lawyer and go through that 18 page document with you too? My quote had nothing to do with anything you said. Good job though. Making my job easier.

Think THEN write.

ps. im drunk, but still sexy

Hmm... That wasn't a reply to you. :D

Spot the communist... i bet he thinks that everyone should have the exact same income too, no matter what kind of job they have. It shouldnt bother you so much, you had the EXACT same chance of pre-ordering on the 21st of july as ANYONE else.

Ask a Russian in the 80s standing in a bread line if they think it is fair that everyone isn't getting fed at the same time. And they were promised and egalitarian utopia. BioWare made no such promise.

People should think of it as a BETA imo: Pre-order and get a chance (keyword: chance) to play the game up to 5-7 days before the official launch. I'm mad about it and i feel like Bioware and EA shot an arrow in my KNEE but eh, imma play the game in 4 days i waited 1 whole year (even more i knew about the game for a long time) 4 or more days isnt alot.

(Screw me tho i pre-ordered at DAY ONE of pre-order but waited till december 2011 to redeem my code LOL.. F A I L!)

Exactly. This extra time is no special thing Bioware is giving us. We bought this time by giving them expected future sales.

Yeah, getting the chance to play for free before launch isn't special. How the hell did you buy something you're not paying for? You could cancel your preorder and STILL play.

I am pretty sure retailers do not need to tell you a computer is needed for being able to play a COMPUTERgame. Same as they do not need to tell you knittingneedles are needed when you buy wool and a patern for a sweater.

There's something called obvious, i.e all pc games require pc. So yea they won't say that.

BUT untill now ALL early access ALLOWED ALL pre order players to LOG IN.

Bioware changed that, as such it's not obvious result and every client should've been informed beforehand.

And they haven't lied. "Up to 5 days early game access". If we go by them, being contractually bound to provide you with all five days of access, you are STILL -1 days into early access.

But they said UP TO 5 days, which means you could still be waiting 5 MORE days to get in, and they STILL would not have lied, and STILL would be providing EXACTLY what they said they did.

Ahhh, yes. Wow Cataclysm... Because they DIDN'T have what? 6 years? To get the servers running and stabilized, figure out EXACTLY how many players would be there, and to ramp up and prepare for the launch?

Oh yah... and it was STILL unplayable for many, for many days.

Hmmmmm. Seems to me that only being in -6 days from launch, they be doing a pretty fine job :wea_03:

Did you play Cata? Was fine after 20 mins when Blizzard did a no server restart to introduce cata. Wasn't their fault a million people hammered their login server.

SWTOR has had just as long to get servers working. You think that they waited for game to be finished and then just decided to start working on hardware last week? They have had a million pre-orders since July and still had a lousy launch.

Hey people, why not do it this way: When its your turn to get into the game, choose to wait for a brand new server? This way you would not get any disadvatages vs the early access people.

If your planning to go to pvp servers this should really be an interesting thought and all those "haha, im in first! im going to gank the newcomers lolololo" will have done all their power levling for nothing.

Okay, you say it's fair and I totally get why. I'm not even mad at this, just disappointed. When has pre-ordering a game EVER meant that you didn't get to play in the launch? Sure the official launch is the 20th but this is still a launch. People are playing the full game before a lot of us. That's a launch to me. I just want to know why they decided to cut so many people out of this experience. The launches of games are madness, chaos, and most importantly FUN.

I remember all of my previous launches because they were memorable for one reason or

another. This one will be memorable for what? Not letting a majority of us in even though we pre-ordered to support this game and company.

:(

Hey people, why not do it this way: When its your turn to get into the game, choose to wait for a brand new server? This way you would not get any disadvatages vs the early access people.

If your planning to go to pvp servers this should really be an interesting thought and all those "haha, im in first! im going to gank the newcomers lolololo" will have done all their power levling for nothing.

ever heard of guilds ?

Ask a Russian in the 80s standing in a bread line if they think it is fair that everyone isn't getting fed at the same time. And they were promised and egalitarian utopia. BioWare made no such promise.
In America, you wait for an invite

In Soviet Russia, the invite waits for you.

ofcourse theres the subtle difference between standing an hour in line and standing UP TO 7 days in line..

Yes. If you're standing in line you're stuck there. You're free to go about your life while waiting for your early access, though.

Did you play Cata? Was fine after 20 mins when Blizzard did a no server restart to introduce cata. Wasn't their fault a million people hammered their login server.

SWTOR has had just as long to get servers working. You think that they waited for game to be finished and then just decided to start working on hardware last week? They have had a million pre-orders since July and still had a lousy launch.

July... yes, because THAT equates to 6 years of planning, with a confirmed count of subscriptions and such.

And.."Wasn't their fault a million people hammered their login server. ".. what would happen if they opened it up for all to login, RIGHT NOW?

Just curious :)

This is what I am planning to do. Start on a nice new server. You even get that new server smell!

They purchased PREORDER

exactly what i purchased

You pre-ordered it after the window Bioware had. It wasnt just posted on the internet. It was in print media. I got news letter emails from three different sites that mentioned it on the very top article in the email.

And like I said earlier. Companies do this now a days. Have a smartdevice? (Phone, GoogleTV, etc?) Its the same concept behind this. Even Microsoft staggers update releases now a days.

Ever had a smooth, major, MMO crash? Some even had roll backs because the character databases corrupted. Others spent most of the time down for the first week because the servers and the various hardware and modules used for various things such as naming conventions and character creation couldnt handle this.

Besides that had to of been done was read the website because there were posts on this going back to July. And people talking about it on the forums. Being upset isnt going to help.

People are upset with this. I was upset when my Logitech Revue didnt get the Honeycomb update till the last day of the release period. I didnt go and express my grief in a public forum and start a war on the forums. I just waited. Which is what people need to start doing with a lot of tech now a days.

You cant get instant gratification all the time. Thats just a fact of life.