Archeology Skill Not Advancing

Gidrea

What is the node rank when you trying to gather? is it gray? if it is, then you won't get any skill for it.

The best way to raise it is send your companion on archeology missions (that is not gray missions) and you will gain skills upon successful mission :)

I've gotten some from gathering, just not in the last two worlds I'm been one. (Quesh and Hoth).

So there seems to be a level restriction... I tried the crew missions and got points, so I guess that's the answer.

Thanks!!!!

I've gotten some from gathering, just not in the last two worlds I'm been one. (Quesh and Hoth).

So there seems to be a level restriction... I tried the crew missions and got points, so I guess that's the answer.

Thanks!!!!

Sorry, I was being vague. But yes, there's a level restriction. Put your cursor on the node (in the game itself, not the minimap). If the name is grey, it means it's too low level to get points from. If it's green, you'll get a point. If it's yellow, you'll get two. If it's red, it's too hard for you to harvest.

This is similar to the way the missions work. If you look, there's a little dot on the side of the missions. Grey, no skill increase. Green, 1 points. Yellow, 2 points (usually). Note that there's no red, here, as you can't actually see any missions unavailable to you.

Edited by zegota

Sorry, I was being vague. But yes, there's a level restriction. Put your cursor on the node (in the game itself, not the minimap). If the name is grey, it means it's too low level to get points from. If it's green, you'll get a point. If it's yellow, you'll get two. If it's red, it's too hard for you to harvest.

This is similar to the way the missions work. If you look, there's a little dot on the side of the missions. Grey, no skill increase. Green, 1 points. Yellow, 2 points (usually). Note that there's no red, here, as you can't actually see any missions unavailable to you.

Oh, thank you! That's good information to know! I was risking death by creature to get to some of those nodes, not worth it if there's nothing to be gained.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.