Explain to me

Mrshush

Can some people explain to me the defense of exploiting players?

i read how they threatened and temp banned some accounts for exploiting a game mechanic on illum, and people get up in arms like because if its in the game it should be allowed. and its not just here i first read about it on pc gamer and ppl are defending the exploitation of a game.

is it just cuz i grew up in a different time of pc gaming, where having admin rights and banning cheaters/exploiters/hackers on <insert halflife mod> was an enjoyable thing, to keep the community clean, and it being a reward in that.

i can understand how some of the people dont understand what was happening, and maybe they think it was if you just looted a chest once or twice. im not going to explain what was happening as it does not need to be told. but it involved multiple characters, it was not just one person traveling around "farming".

either way. why the defense for stuff like this? i would like someone who honestly believes this behavior is okay and calmly tell me why.

K to help out a bit

The Problem was not camping a single chest. the problem is a single account would have multiple alts camping multiple chests, and they found a way to MAKE the chests spawn

Edited by Mrshush

They seem to be considering any credit gains that are not in line with "normal play" to be automatically exploitative, and thus bannable. So if you manage to figure out an efficient way to earn money in this game you're now at risk of having your account closed permanently. It's a really, really bad precedent to set.

Can some people explain to me the defense of exploiting players?

i read how they threatened and temp banned some accounts for exploiting a game mechanic on illum, and people get up in arms like because if its in the game it should be allowed. and its not just here i first read about it on pc gamer and ppl are defending the exploitation of a game.

is it just cuz i grew up in a different time of pc gaming, where having admin rights and banning cheaters/exploiters/hackers on <insert halflife mod> was an enjoyable thing, to keep the community clean, and it being a reward in that.

i can understand how some of the people dont understand what was happening, and maybe they think it was if you just looted a chest once or twice. im not going to explain what was happening as it does not need to be told. but it involved multiple characters, it was not just one person traveling around "farming".

either way. why the defense for stuff like this? i would like someone who honestly believes this behavior is okay and calmly tell me why.

Because they weren't exploiting. camping a chest and looting it over and over is not an exploit. BW didn't like the way they were doing it, because BW failed. They could have just placed a mob in front of the chest and all is solved. But no they sent warnings to people just playing the game.

Because they weren't exploiting. camping a chest and looting it over and over is not an exploit. BW didn't like the way they were doing it, because BW failed. They could have just placed a mob in front of the chest and all is solved. But no they sent warnings to people just playing the game.

Even easier....Change the respawn rates or make them random

Every claim you've seen that they were the poor innocent victims who were brutally terrorized by the evil mustache twirling EA is literally a lie at worst, a complete sodding idiot at best.

None of the reports coming out, once you find out what they were actually banned for, have even a tinge of justifiability to them. The people knew what they were doing, and if it were up to me, I'd slap a warning on their defenders just for good measure.

no, im sorry. this was not a credit gain. this was pure exploitation. if you dont know how they were doing it look it up, as im sure it isnt allowed to post. they didnt say farming lockboxes are or traveling around in a circle for these chests was wrong, it is something else.

also. you didnt explain why you feel its okay to take advantage of a broken mechanic.

basically what im getting here, is most of you dont know what the exploit was and think that a single character was camping a single chest waiting for it to respawn. that isnt an exploit at all.

forcing chests to spawn and collecting them on multiple chapter 1 alts. how can you say that isnt an exploit

Edited by Mrshush

i came from ac darktide where as soon as you logged into the game you got killed by max level characters camping the new player spawn point and they would continue to kill you and chase you way out in the woods till you got tired of dying and logged off or they got tired of killing you and went after another newbie. they would also not hesitate to steal everything you own after you were dead and leave you with nothing but your undies. imo pvp should be fair game, if the game allows it then its all goods, as long as third party programs were not used to hack the game and allow your toon to do something it normally couldnt do.

to ban people for camping a chest and looting it when it respawned is very silly but in pvp there should be no fair play, no honor code, just kill the other people.

Im questioning why they're spending time on this when the games bug ridden.

pretty sure two different teams, also dont you have other threads to complain about the bugs in. not one that isnt discussing them right now.

If they put in the game, and made it accessible, and people accessed it then no, BW is definitely in the wrong.

Don't want low levels to go there and do that? Design your game better instead of punishing people.

and everyone in jail is innocent

well, i guess these are all the same people who felt that getting banned in Modern Warfare 2 when you could run around with a javalin launcher die and kill 4ppl at a time was legit move.

i guess its just a maturity thing. or entitlement thing. or the devolution of humanity. thx for enlightening me.

no, im sorry. this was not a credit gain. this was pure exploitation. if you dont know how they were doing it look it up, as im sure it isnt allowed to post. they didnt say farming lockboxes are or traveling around in a circle for these chests was wrong, it is something else.

also. you didnt explain why you feel its okay to take advantage of a broken mechanic.

basically what im getting here, is most of you dont know what the exploit was and think that a single character was camping a single chest waiting for it to respawn. that isnt an exploit at all.

forcing chests to spawn and collecting them on multiple chapter 1 alts. how can you say that isnt an exploit

Yes they did. Stephen Reid posted about it, go read it. The people that were banned ignored the initial warnings. Warnings were given out to people camping chests. The guy didn't stop so he was banned.

Yes they did. Stephen Reid posted about it, go read it. The people that were banned ignored the initial warnings. Warnings were given out to people camping chests. The guy didn't stop so he was banned.

it was not single characters camping a single chest. it was ppl forcing chests to respawn, and looting them on alts.

It was the farmers. I'm picturing these Chinese gold/credit/plat farming sweatshops having to make a couple new accounts for SWTOR since they just had some banned. Ya know? the ones that sell credits to losers who can't earn money in an MMO on their own.

If they put in the game, and made it accessible, and people accessed it then no, BW is definitely in the wrong.

Don't want low levels to go there and do that? Design your game better instead of punishing people.

This is total bull. Every MMO has rules against exploiting, and what you're saying is that exploits are always OK. They're not.