The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

its getting old...

Sarfux

Actually I didn't learn about the wave early access until today. I read many gaming blogs and try to keep up as best I can but I never saw this mentioned once. So it can happen more easily than you think.

I will give you that since your account says Dec 2011, but even the main splash page which you must of went to has had that huge image banner up all week even with the forums being down with details baout early release, all the gaming websites discussions about pre-order early release have it the thing is this man and I want you to think about it....

Would you rather them let people into the game in waves (spread out by ~2 hours) so server que times are low, starting areas aren't inundated, servers remain stable, etc...

Or

Let everyone in all at once and see 4, 6, 8, 12, 18 hour que times just to get onto a server, starting areas swamped with people who can't complete quests because so many people are there, insane server lag in the instanced server you're on, etc......

I think the way they are doing this is a great idea because it is going to keep a lot of that from happening, so what if you aren't the first to tap max level?

BTW on a pvp server I wouldn't worry, yea there are going to be some Griefers who are ganking but there will be people from whatever side you're on that will be more than happy to gank them back :D

I wonder, if all those people screaming unfair etc, would you be screaming it if you were to trade places and you were in game now? Would you come here and say that you wouldn't play, wouldn't name a character etc until everyone else got in? Because it is unfair etc etc.

Just wondering.

LOL you and I both know that they wouldn't even think about the forums or the others that were left out.....

I wonder, if all those people screaming unfair etc, would you be screaming it if you were to trade places and you were in game now? Would you come here and say that you wouldn't play, wouldn't name a character etc until everyone else got in? Because it is unfair etc etc.

Just wondering.

It is unfair. Just because we would be satisfied doesn't make this any less unfair. There's nothing we can do though. So here's hoping tomorrow will surprise us eh?

I will give you that since your account says Dec 2011, but even the main splash page which you must of went to has had that huge image banner up all week even with the forums being down with details baout early release, all the gaming websites discussions about pre-order early release have it the thing is this man and I want you to think about it....

Would you rather them let people into the game in waves (spread out by ~2 hours) so server que times are low, starting areas aren't inundated, servers remain stable, etc...

Or

Let everyone in all at once and see 4, 6, 8, 12, 18 hour que times just to get onto a server, starting areas swamped with people who can't complete quests because so many people are there, insane server lag in the instanced server you're on, etc......

I think the way they are doing this is a great idea because it is going to keep a lot of that from happening, so what if you aren't the first to tap max level?

BTW on a pvp server I wouldn't worry, yea there are going to be some Griefers who are ganking but there will be people from whatever side you're on that will be more than happy to gank them back :D

Oh I agree with the wave approach. What I don't agree with is letting in early preorders in first. That's just spawning hatred and quite a bit of complaining. I would have like to see the invites be completely random. I think the whining would be lower that way. But then again people will find a reason to complain no matter what.

Oh I agree with the wave approach. What I don't agree with is letting in early preorders in first. That's just spawning hatred and quite a bit of complaining. I would have like to see the invites be completely random. I think the whining would be lower that way. But then again people will find a reason to complain no matter what.

What you say is a double edged sword, if you do the random lotto the people who have been here since day 1 would be mad because people who signed up yesterday got in ahead of them

Thats just like the people who say "Guilds should get in ahead of everyone else" well yea that would make sense because the guilds that were formed pre-launch are of people who intend to play together and a lot of people are realizing that some guilds won't wait for them to get on and they are mad over that, its a catch 22 either way you do it :(

What you say is a double edged sword, if you do the random lotto the people who have been here since day 1 would be mad because people who signed up yesterday got in ahead of them

Thats just like the people who say "Guilds should get in ahead of everyone else" well yea that would make sense because the guilds that were formed pre-launch are of people who intend to play together and a lot of people are realizing that some guilds won't wait for them to get on and they are mad over that, its a catch 22 either way you do it :(

Ah but it grants everyone that glimmer of hope they could get in any day. It spawns less elitism that way. It is true that no matter what you're probably screwed but at least this way you'd feel like you have a shot.

Me and you both. :) It's amazing though, how things like this and say...a zombie infestation, brings out the very *best* in people.. ;)

If you have an active WoW account login and start talking about SWTOR in trade chat, I did it earlier tonight before raiding (7pm EST) and they were still fighting and ranting and arguing about it after raid time (~11:15PM when I got back into trade channel)

As for the Zombies....bring them on...I've been working on all the rules from Zombieland + I already have a zombie killing point system set up :D