getting schematics only usable by opposite faction

RyceTOR

On my server, the REPUBLIC GTN is littered with crafted items that can only be equipped by Imperial characters.

When I do my underworld trading (desperately waiting for that rare prop of an orange schematic return) there's a very good chance that all of that time and credit expenditure is going to give me a schematic for and item which can only be equipped by Imperial players. I can neither use nor sell this item.

I don't get it. Is this a bug, or just poor planning? Are the Imps getting a flood of Republic only schematics as well or is it just the republic crafters that are wasting their time and credits on schematics they can't use/sell.

i made a post on this yesterday.. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=119324

unfortunatly, it doesnt seem like anyone cares, except for a small handful of people..

all the replies i got in my thread called me a troll, and told me to take it to a lvl 30 area to sell on the GTN.. (ok, that works.. unless of course you're not close to that lvl yet)

only 1 reply actually understood what i was saying.. sure there are ways to get around this issue, but the fact remains.. why make it so much of a hassle to sell.. anyway.. take those schematics to a vendor, take your 30-50 credits and call it a day..

maybe bioware will even out the loot tabels later, that way characters get stuff they can actually use (or sell to someone who can use it).. instead of making you travel half way around the world to find someone to get rid of it to

i made a post on this yesterday.. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=119324

unfortunatly, it doesnt seem like anyone cares, except for a small handful of people..

all the replies i got in my thread called me a troll, and told me to take it to a lvl 30 area to sell on the GTN.. (ok, that works.. unless of course you're not close to that lvl yet)

only 1 reply actually understood what i was saying.. sure there are ways to get around this issue, but the fact remains.. why make it so much of a hassle to sell.. anyway.. take those schematics to a vendor, take your 30-50 credits and call it a day..

maybe bioware will even out the loot tabels later, that way characters get stuff they can actually use (or sell to someone who can use it).. instead of making you travel half way around the world to find someone to get rid of it to

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is nuts. :p

I'm a republic crafter. I want to be supporting The Republic.

This is a crazy aspect of the loot tables. Why would a crafter for one side be spending his time arming/outfitting the opposing faction?! This makes no sense within 'story' which is so central to the game design for SWTOR.

Further, it makes those schematics of nearly zero use to the crafter. You can't sell / use it within any meaningful market. I want to be supplying my guild, or my buddies, or others on my server I may actually be interacting with.

There's no way within the story of these crew missions that my jedi consular should become an arms dealer for the Empire.

• 1 month later...
This is a crazy aspect of the loot tables. Why would a crafter for one side be spending his time arming/outfitting the opposing faction?! This makes no sense within 'story' which is so central to the game design for SWTOR.

I was rather indifferent to the growing pile of these in my locker, but that point really got me thinking. It is ridiculous to think of my true blue Trooper hoofing all the way to the cross-market to feed the enemies stable. Those of us who rp this game can only look at these schematics as some kind of joke.