I jump on my ship

I get loading screen

I fly to fleet

I get loading screen

I run through space dock

I get loading screen

I get off the lift

I get loading screen

Good things these loading screens are pretty damn awesome because I sure was annoyed that I was getting interruptions from a game in between.

I wouldn't care so much about the loading screens if there was a permanent fast travel point in my ship I could use from anywhere every 30 minutes.

Running through space ports and incurring 3 extra loading screens feels like punishment.

maybe it's just me, but most of those loading screens are just a blip on my monitor. Most of the time I can't even read what hint they say before they're gone.

The problem is for at least half of the people playing they aren't a blip.

So while it doesn't affect you much it is incredibly annoying to a portion of the populations who will then quit the game which in turn affects you.

ya waiting 4 seconds for something to load is really tough. QQ moar

You know how many seconds in a minute? and how many minutes in an hour? and how many hours in a day?

Do you know how many loading screens x4 seconds that would I could waste my life on?

If I go to Hoth, I can go and make a cup of tea and come back and it has still not loaded.

If I go to tattooine, I can manage a 10 second ball scratch at most

If I go to Taris, I could have a bath, walk my dogs and eat some beans.

The problem is for at least half of the people playing they aren't a blip.

So while it doesn't affect you much it is incredibly annoying to a portion of the populations who will then quit the game which in turn affects you.

Made up statistics are made up. *rolls eyes*

9.9% of people will fall in love with a company so much they will blind themselves to any truth

The same 9.9% will also tend to die from putting their hand in a blender whilst it is switched on and plugged in because they forgot to put the lid on and that last bit of hard stuff that needs to be mushed just wont budge.

It's hardly made up. The game was designed to be played optimally at a certain benchmark but said benchmark isn't required.

It's then logical to assume in an argument that half of the community is above and half is below the optimal benchmark. If I had come in saying crap like 72% then your post is valid.

This is actually one of the key reasons Blizzard games are so successful. The benchmark is always fairly low for the average specs of a random player on release so tons of people can play their games.

On the flip side you can go the Crysis route and design a game for high end systems. It just narrows your target audience.

Edited by derrate

The OP is pretty correct it is just DDO with a SW skin. Everything is instance! Has the feeling of being large but it is not.

There is instancing in Star Wars, but comparing it to DDO is laughable.

As far as a 'SW" skin. I'll never play another MMO without the full voice acting again, it really shows you how they quickly do quests and stories in games like WoW without putting time into them when you compare it to a game like SWTOR and the quality quests and storyline.