Telekenetic Momentum Broke?

Kirbyg

It's working for me.

Am full TK with 3/3 and tremor. Both hardcasting Wave and instant Wave procs from Tidal Force can now trigger the 30% dmg extra cast gained from Telek. Momentum. The numbers show in time and the actual second cast shows visually as well. Seems to be well within the 30% chance of proccing Telek. Momentum as well, both hardcast and instant (Tidal Force) versions of Wave.

I've always been Full TK and it's always been working. The only problem I ever had for it was the proc delay and the NPC dying.

It used to be a "Ripple" for Disturbance, now it's another blue ball. The other was more Jedi and subtle.

TK Wave used to be a splash, now it's another wave... ugh... it was so much better graphically the way it was before.

You all just couldn't look up and see the second number proc or the subtly which is more Jedi.

Edited by Darturion

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been Full TK and it's always been working. The only problem I ever had for it was the proc delay and the NPC dying.

It used to be a "Ripple" for Disturbance, now it's another blue ball. The other was more Jedi and subtle.

TK Wave used to be a splash, now it's another wave... ugh... it was so much better graphically the way it was before.

You all just couldn't look up and see the second number proc or the subtly which is more Jedi.

Please troll elsewhere rookie. Tested and confirmed as bugged by +1000 trials runs

Please troll elsewhere rookie. Tested and confirmed as bugged by +1000 trials runs

Then I must have been an anomaly or how else was I keeping up Tremors, 3 stacks, during boss fights...

I can't speak to if the proc rate was lower than it should have been but if I had known people on the forums were complaining about a non-issue like this. I would have done SCs.

I came searching to find why the graphics was changed. I prefer the old look, it really felt more like a Jedi subtly. Instead of a blue ball, a "Ripple". Instead of another TK Wave it was a "splash". I liked it.

Edited by Darturion

Then I must have been an anomaly or how else was I keeping up Tremors, 3 stacks, during boss fights...

I can't speak to if the proc rate was lower than it should have been but if I had known people on the forums were complaining about a non-issue like this. I would done SCs.

I came searching to find why the graphics was changed.

It still worked for disturbance, just not TKwave. It certainly wasn't a non-issue.

I know my TK Wave was popping, again I won't speak to the proc rate. Didn't test it.

I just want my ripple and splash back!

Sure your TKwave casted, but it wasn't proccing momentum. Again we've had it confirmed multiple times. You're essentially coming in a thread and telling a bunch of people they're wrong because you think it's been proccing but haven't paid close enough attention.

Regardless we can all agree that it works now. I'm not surprised by the animation changes, as it's exactly what GZ was talking about with regards to animation delay. It's entirely possible that the animation change is what fixed several talents not working with TKwave.

Edited by Khadroth

Sure your TKwave casted, but it wasn't proccing momentum. Again we've had it confirmed multiple times. You're essentially coming in a thread and telling a bunch of people they're wrong because you think it's been proccing but haven't paid close enough attention.

Regardless we can all agree that it works now. I'm not surprised by the animation changes, as it's exactly what GZ was talking about with regards to animation delay. It's entirely possible that the animation change is what fixed several talents not working with TKwave.

Again, I would have SCed it had I known. I was procing it, I'd see a similar animation to the Force Stance for Shadow when it did. Yes it was rare though and yes there was also a delay for an NPC to die. It also seemed to only occur when I critted with it, so I'd see my big "2k-3k" with a little number behind it.

Circumstances: Tidal Wave + TK Wave + Crit were only when I'd see it. Not when casting but I never use TK Wave unless it's instant cast. It even proced Tremors a few times for me. I'm not going to debate this, it's been fixed.

I just liked the animation. The double TK Wave isn't so bad but... I did really love the ripple. The two balls looks silly, maybe the second is smaller... to account for 30% I dunno.

Edited by Darturion

Again, I would have SCed it had I known. I was procing it, I'd see a similar animation to the Force Stance for Shadow when it did. Yes it was rare though and yes there was also a delay for an NPC to die. It also seemed to only occur when I critted with it, so I'd see my big "2k-3k" with a little number behind it.

Circumstances: Tidal Wave + TK Wave + Crit were only when I'd see it. Not when casting but I never use TK Wave unless it's instant cast. It even proced Tremors a few times for me. I'm not going to debate this, it's been fixed.

I just liked the animation. The double TK Wave isn't so bad but... I did really love the ripple. The two balls looks silly, maybe the second is smaller... to account for 30% I dunno.

12k vies and you're the ONLY one saying this? Go away. You're annoying me and everyone else who investigated and shed some light on this ISSUE.

12k vies and you're the ONLY one saying this? Go away. You're annoying me and everyone else who investigated and shed some light on this ISSUE.

Not everyone uses the forums. As I said, I came to see why the graphics changed. *looks over patch notes* OH nothing was in them.

Get off your high horse, really.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys it depends on the build if it works or not now. I have tried several builds and spent over one million credits testing it and it really depends on the build if it works or not. Right now I'm working on this build, but with one point in Tremors. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600ZfcbMzRrhZcrcosMz.1 It's a pain to figure out what is working and what is not if you change your build.

Goodluck figuring this out!

Ran full telekinetics, it worked (with tremors & stuff). (also: double disturbance/double project/double tk wave = <3)

Running hybrid telekinetics/balance (3 tk momentum) it works.

Fairly certain its working. Not sure what could mess it up for the people that would say it's not working.

To all those that are still wondering: I can personally confirm that TK Momentum is indeed working.

My Sage just got to level 32 tonight, which allowed me to put the 3rd and final point into it. Now granted, I didn't test it so as to come up with any precise calculations, but based on my own observations (this was while I was grouped with 3 others running a bunch on heroics on Tatooine) I feel confident in saying that the proc rates are consistent with what it says in the tooltip. I didn't pick up Tremors yet- that will come when he hits 33- but I don't expect it to change anything in regards to TK Momentum performance. If it does, I'll be sure and come back with a follow up post.

Confirmed, it was broken but now it's fixed. And, given that BioWare never publicly acknowledged the problems existance I'd guess that they didn't want to be accused of faction bias again.

Both Disturbance and TK Wave proc around 1/3 of the time from both hard casts and TF procs.

The build I tested this with is a standard PvE DPS 3/31/7 btw.

Edited by Jimmie_Rox