For those who ENJOY TOR's PvP

xlDARKSIDElx

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, take a break, get some fresh air...

in every MMO there are those that rush to 50 and spend the rest of the year complaining about why they dont feel fulfilled.

No, this is BS. The complaints people have against PvP in this game are legitimate. It has nothing to do with people rushing to 50.

Here are all 100% legitimate PvP complaints:

World PvP is pointless and unrewarded

PvP Servers are pointless since most planets segregate Imps from Pubs

RNG Based rewards

Too much Hutball for Imperial Players

CTD bugs when accepting queues

Disparity in Medal rewards for certain archetypes: Healing is not rewarded through badges enough forcing people to do stuff like cast Force Storm to wrack up medals instead of healing teammates. Healing medals being given by Medpacks.

I still really love PvP in the game. The queues to pop are short, it has good rewards. I believe most of these can be fixed pretty easily.

Warzone PvP is pretty damn good though, the maps are interesting and there are multiple relevant strategies. Some people hate huttball because it relies on a lot of whacky gimmicks, but they do open up a lot of strategy space through those gimmicks. I can understand why some people expecting something like team DM get a bad taste, but it's pretty interesting IMO.

World PvP is far from being relevant though and a complete afterthought in this, which is a shame. I don't see anything happening with world PvP for a long time. Maybe they can do something with Ilum to make it relevant.

Edited by Mugaaz

Really loving the PvP. I hit 50 on my BH and decided to level up a warrior instead to PvP with. I am willing to put time and effort into this game because I can see a very promising product here.

However I am worried by the sheer amount of bugs currently in the game, I know it is early release but I am just hoping they can be resolved soon. (Mostly the ability delay bug with animation timers)

No, this is BS. The complaints people have against PvP in this game are legitimate. It has nothing to do with people rushing to 50.

Here are all 100% legitimate PvP complaints:

World PvP is pointless and unrewarded

PvP Servers are pointless since most planets segregate Imps from Pubs

RNG Based rewards

Too much Hutball for Imperial Players

CTD bugs when accepting queues

Disparity in Medal rewards for certain archetypes: Healing is not rewarded through badges enough forcing people to do stuff like cast Force Storm to wrack up medals instead of healing teammates. Healing medals being given by Medpacks.

I still really love PvP in the game. The queues to pop are short, it has good rewards. I believe most of these can be fixed pretty easily. World PvP is far from being relevant though and a complete afterthought in this, which is a shame. I don't see anything happening with world PvP for a long time.

I havnt played on a PvP server or done any real open world PvP, but I have heard a lot of complaints that it is lacking. And I am sure it is. Maybe I should have stated I was talking more about Warzones then PvP content outside of that.

Fixing Warzones is easier then Open World content. The RNG rewards is annoying but again its easily fixable.

I like the pvp types that bioware put out but it seems like many people don't know exactly how to play each BG. Also, Stealthy Operative is awesome for pvp. The only thing I have trouble taking down are troop heals. They are to bulky with nice heals for me to completely take by myself at lvl 30.

Lovin the PvP here!

I think much of the QQ is coming from the fact that someone was a bad-a-mofo in [insert last game here], and now after a year or several they are having to learn a whole new system where mechanics are different and classes interact in a different way.

For instance, Ive learned how to 1v1 effectively on my 'mando, but I still get in trouble when I get in a mixup with a few on a few. Either Im getting focus-fired badly (likely since I usually heal) or Im doing it wrong. Time and practice will tell which.

Havent had any open-world fights yet. Only encounter I have had was with someone who was 15 levels over me, who was in a quest dialogue right next to me when I came out of one.

I figured discretion was the better part of valor...

People complain about PVP in every game. Take a look at the WoW arena forums sometimes, it's a bunch of terrible players complaining about people using line of sight to their advantage, working as a team etc. People just want to run in as Rambo and kill everything like they do in PVE, when they can't, they come to the forums and complain and it starts a chain reaction of other terrible players who experience the same thing.

All in all, pvp is fun as hell. Sure there is imbalances, but that is like every game. This game will never be completely balanced, if you're looking for PVP that is more than just for fun in an MMO environment, I'd suggest investing into Guild Wars 2 where e-sport is one of their main focuses.

I always played on pve servers but since i was changing for a new mmorpg game, i decided to start a char into a pvp server. So, i will describe bellow my current pvp experience:

under level 20: tried to do some warzones, but since i have no experience on pvp, and 0 knowledge of the rotations of my class and the mix of diferent level players (ex: player level 12 vs players level 40 ) i was like "***.. this is not fun.. i never win.. blablabla)

But then... I start to get the rhythm of my class, learned how to use the rotations, and the started to care more about the tactics to win.

Last night, i got 17 wins in a row on warzones with most of the players at same level as me ( min 27, max 35 ) and we ruled all 17 matches.

Warzone for me is hell of fun now, just had to learn how to play on it.

Sorry the bad english =) not my native language

Edited by Enkhrypthor

People complain about PVP in every game. Take a look at the WoW arena forums sometimes, it's a bunch of terrible players complaining about people using line of sight to their advantage, working as a team etc. People just want to run in as Rambo and kill everything like they do in PVE, when they can't, they come to the forums and complain and it starts a chain reaction of other terrible players who experience the same thing.

All in all, pvp is fun as hell. Sure there is imbalances, but that is like every game. This game will never be completely balanced, if you're looking for PVP that is more than just for fun in an MMO environment, I'd suggest investing into Guild Wars 2 where e-sport is one of their main focuses.

Haha, very true. I really like the pvp in this game because it encourages teamwork instead of running around and trying to destroy everyone you see. Sure you can do that, but since they are objective based games, getting lots of kills doesn't always win you the games. Especially if your killing the wrong people.

Maybe a lot of people are struggling with that. And premades will more often then not beat a not premade because they usually have strategies and roles set out before hand. But the longer the game goes on, everyone will learn what to do in time and become better.

Haha, very true. I really like the pvp in this game because it encourages teamwork instead of running around and trying to destroy everyone you see. Sure you can do that, but since they are objective based games, getting lots of kills doesn't always win you the games. Especially if your killing the wrong people.

You said everything.

Edited by Enkhrypthor

LOL! Fail troll is .....fail?:eek::eek::eek:

Edit: Enjoy the PvP, there are some things they could fix, but not shabby out of the box, beats the no BG's, no gear, no valor pvp system WoW had at launch. :rolleyes:

Dearest God! Your crappy WoW banter to express an opinion leaves you looking like a raving delinquent.

The fact that you even compare a game that launched seven years ago to a game that has been in development for six years prior to launch, speaks volumes of your understanding of the genre...

Amen

I think pvp is rock solid for a freshly released game.

There are things that need to be worked out but in time they will be.

To many spoiled wow players who forget that it took wow years to get where it is. People who think TOR should be at the same spot as wow it a few weeks into release.

I always played on pve servers but since i was changing for a new mmorpg game, i decided to start a char into a pvp server. So, i will describe bellow my current pvp experience:

under level 20: tried to do some warzones, but since i have no experience on pvp, and 0 knowledge of the rotations of my class and the mix of diferent level players (ex: player level 12 vs players level 40 ) i was like "***.. this is not fun.. i never win.. blablabla)

But then... I start to get the rhythm of my class, learned how to use the rotations, and the started to care more about the tactics to win.

Last night, i got 17 wins in a row on warzones with most of the players at same level as me ( min 27, max 35 ) and we ruled all 17 matches.

Warzone for me is hell of fun now, just had to learn how to play on it.

My advice is try to play as a team, and never as individual at warzones. comunication is the best way to win =)

Awesome to hear that. I totally agree with you. The games we win, 95% of the time its with with a team that has been communicating with each other. Telling each other where help is needed how many enemies on each side, where healers should go. When you communicate and play as a team you win.

And saying Lets all go "insert location here" does not mean teamwork when you do that, get shut down and everyone immediately gives up because your zerg fool proof strategy failed to a team with half a brain. lol. (I may or may not have been speaking to a previous team I was with, ;) )

Edited by xlDARKSIDElx

My favorite thing about the pvp is recognition, people know who you are.

Reminds me of DaoC..

Its starting to create some interesting rivalries between premade groups.

Unfortunately on our server Vornskr its all Imp huttball groups because the Repubs have one good player on their entire side.....

I will say initially I raged at the huttball pull into the fire/poison stun kills but now it doesn't bother me at all. Its all a matter of positioning so its unlikely to happen and if someone spends the minute or two minutes to align the stars properly to get me then kudos to them heh.

On a side note whoever created the repub guild Friendship is Magic and started pvp premades should be shot.....

Love it. Once they iron out he casting animation lag/bugs or whatever those issues were that people were complaining about then no one should have anything to complain about. I find it to be rather balanced and evidence from the forums shows that every class is OP so I think they did a great job balance wise

For those of you who 'love' SWTOR PVP, you are clearly all casuals...

Then please define casual for us oh mighty hardcore pvp'er...

If casual means having a valor rank 40 something PT that is soley leveled through warzones and havent done any questing exept class quests (besides starter area) and that is in queue for WZ every online hour of the day then yes, I am casual..

I never leave a WZ regardless of the outcome, I don't ***** and whine when loosing and I always vote MvP to the best healer or the one with the highest defender score then yes I am a casual.

And don't come dragging with +2100 rating from WoW Arena crap, cuz its worth **** and then some in this game.. PvP is totally different and what ever skill you had in prior games is all out the window here.

<---- Enjoys PvP and doesn't understand most of the complaints. Many of them are due to one's own inability to play their class properly.

I play my class perfectly, and I can even kill 2 people alone in single combat. However my standards arn't as low as to accept PvP in a game be based upon 3 warfronts, and one daily quest that tells you to go to the pvp lake. Huge dissapointment, considering that the pvp team in SWTOR was the same as the ones from WAR.

Edited by Nimiuel

Every time I check this forum its overrun with more and more hate threads about TOR's PvP. And I understand that's the nature of the internet and forums. You always hear more qq then anything else.

But I just wanted to see how many people actually enjoy playing this games PvP. I know I do, yes it has issues that need addressing (we are all aware of that). But the game is 2 weeks old and BW cant fix all the things as quickly as people demand them.

Personally I enjoy playing pvp, I am lvl 40 atm so I still deal with the frustrations of playing against 50's and the like. But when I play and see a 50, I just know not to try and solo him and focus them down in fights with your team. When we do that we win, when we don't, we lose. No big deal. When brackets come in (if they do) it will hopefully alleviate that issue. If they don't, I just see 1-49 pvp as practice until I hit 50.

Anyway, if anyone does actually enjoy this games PvP thus far, despite the issues that need to be addressed soon, lets hear you :)

EDIT: I am talking mostly about Warzones and not PvP server interaction between opposite factions or Open World PvP areas.

I really enjoy pvp and think the animations are fantastic but as for the mechanics my 37 trooper hits a geared lvl 50 for approx 700 - 1200 with gravity bolt and yet I seem to get hit for 3k+ quite consistently from higher level characters.

I use as many skills as I can but my life expectancy is only several seconds, I remember watching a release leading upto the game where devs claim gone are the days of being one shot. They are right but instead I get 3 shot by some classes, other like the BH seem to 2 shot me but I could be taking dmg from other players at the same time.

I truly dont believe i'm a bad player and my gear is the best I can get at my level, so what does it say about the state of pvp?

I dont enjoy many of the games I play, and I certainly dont like getting 2 or 3 shot when the best I can hope to achieve is scratch a higher level character. So I suppose i could say I am not currently enjoying pvp.

I really enjoy pvp and think the animations are fantastic but as for the mechanics my 37 trooper hits a geared lvl 50 for approx 700 - 1200 with gravity bolt and yet I seem to get hit for 3k+ quite consistently from higher level characters.

I use as many skills as I can but my life expectancy is only several seconds, I remember watching a release leading upto the game where devs claim gone are the days of being one shot. They are right but instead I get 3 shot by some classes, other like the BH seem to 2 shot me but I could be taking dmg from other players at the same time.

I truly dont believe i'm a bad player and my gear is the best I can get at my level, so what does it say about the state of pvp?

I dont enjoy many of the games I play, and I certainly dont like getting 2 or 3 shot when the best I can hope to achieve is scratch a higher level character. So I suppose i could say I am not currently enjoying pvp.

Understandable, but once you get to 50 and start getting PvP gear and stacking Expertise then your survivability will improve significantly. (As long as you are positioning yourself correctly in fights and things like that)

Edited by xlDARKSIDElx

Then please define casual for us oh mighty hardcore pvp'er...

If casual means having a valor rank 40 something PT that is soley leveled through warzones and havent done any questing exept class quests (besides starter area) and that is in queue for WZ every online hour of the day then yes, I am casual..

I never leave a WZ regardless of the outcome, I don't ***** and whine when loosing and I always vote MvP to the best healer or the one with the highest defender score then yes I am a casual.

And don't come dragging with +2100 rating from WoW Arena crap, cuz its worth **** and then some in this game.. PvP is totally different and what ever skill you had in prior games is all out the window here.

Me thinks Mr Sandy Vag1na doth protest too much...