Flashpoint Loot BoP

Alohen

I did Black Talon Flashpoint on a new Mercenary Alt I made, I normally Roll Republic so, I do Black Talon and The First Piece of Bounty Hunter Loot Drops, Chest piece from the 2nd Boss. I roll Need and a Juggernaught Clicks Need and Wins it, I went a bit over the top and started getting a bit ratty at him. He tried to calm me by saying it was Tradable.. and It wasnt. Although I kicked the Guy from the group, I don't regret that. What he said made me think.. That's definately something they need to Implement, either Tradable loot like *Dreaded* WoW. or Have it Class Specific If you know what I mean.

Because nowadays Looking at things before you Press need takes too long for some.

I did Black Talon Flashpoint on a new Mercenary Alt I made, I normally Roll Republic so, I do Black Talon and The First Piece of Bounty Hunter Loot Drops, Chest piece from the 2nd Boss. I roll Need and a Juggernaught Clicks Need and Wins it, I went a bit over the top and started getting a bit ratty at him. He tried to calm me by saying it was Tradable.. and It wasnt. Although I kicked the Guy from the group, I don't regret that. What he said made me think.. That's definately something they need to Implement, either Tradable loot like *Dreaded* WoW. or Have it Class Specific If you know what I mean.

Because nowadays Looking at things before you Press need takes too long for some.

I don't understand. How are you getting Bounty Hunter gear to drop in a republic flashpoint?

The exact same thing happened to me, My group was a powertech, a mercenary (me) and a juggernaut. First drop was bounty hunter chest piece where the juggernaut hit need saying it was for his companion and he got it, second a powertech generator dropped which again the juggernaut took while me and the powertech got nothing. In the end a lightsaber dropped which the powertech took just to get revenge on the juggernaut while i ended up with nothing.

The exact same thing happened to me, My group was a powertech, a mercenary (me) and a juggernaut. First drop was bounty hunter chest piece where the juggernaut hit need saying it was for his companion and he got it, second a powertech generator dropped which again the juggernaut took while me and the powertech got nothing. In the end a lightsaber dropped which the powertech took just to get revenge on the juggernaut while i ended up with nothing.

Yeah, exactly they need to do something for this.. cause its just silly.

At least there isnt THIS much of a problem at End game, where Loot is Assigned to you on the Drop and its based on Random Draw.

Still, Idiots will be Idiots.

Well if I formed a group with people I don't know I would first tell them the rules, and if they don't agree with such rules /kick. Proper etiquette.

Thats probably the better way to do it, I guess my many years of Comfort on LOTRO in Raiding Guilds gave me the feeling that I can trust my fellow players to not Mindlessly click need for Loot that isnt for them.

I do see it was a bit over the top, but I just don't tolerate Ninja Need Clickers in my groups.

Problem officer?

He clearly just saw Blue, and heavy armor, and clicked need. Or maybe he was new, and didnt know what stats he needed.

Eh, they're new to the game, had a Scoundrel whisper me the other day asking if he should stack aim, i told him no and what stats he should stack. He then tried to argue his case that aim should be stacked to the point i had to just ignore him. I didn't want to do it but he was just so damn annoying. For some people this is their first MMO, and at that level, not a lot of people understand how stats work. He obviously played WoW thinking that the item would be trade-able so he has no excuse.

He clearly just saw Blue, and heavy armor, and clicked need. Or maybe he was new, and didnt know what stats he needed.

Well Thinking back I think he did just see Heavy Armor and a Blue so yeah Suppose.

Even though it was called something like Head-Hunters Body Armour, and Looked almost Identical to Trooper Armour on the Icon, but I guess he was Just a tad Ignorant, but certainly wasnt New.

Edited by Alohen

Black Talon... a flashpoint you can duo and even solo it and you loose your mind and end up kicking someone off the group... *sigh*

I do see it was a bit over the top, but I just don't tolerate Ninja Need Clickers in my groups.

Problem officer?

It's not the least bit over the top. Ninjaing isn't ok at any level and people need to learn manners.

Black Talon... a flashpoint you can duo and even solo it and you loose your mind and end up kicking someone off the group... *sigh*

I didnt "Lose my Mind" but hey If you want to try have a go at me for that part, sure go for it.

I do realise this is looking like Im making a big deal about level 10 Loot. well no

Its mainly about the fact that From Black Talon/Esseles to Colicoid War Game, the Loot can be taken from you by classes that cant use them, because some people don't care to pay attention to It.

So dont turn this into an attacking thread, but you've gone there so;

Loot Drops for me since Im the only BH

Somone else Ninja rolls and Wins. I have Leadership. He doesnt apologise for the roll, he tries to justify it. and As others have agreed, he deserved to be kicked. End of. The only thing that belittles this argument is the fact its level 10. Any end game content would be treated the same. So I did with this.

Edited by Alohen

Somone else Ninja rolls and Wins. I have Leadership. He doesnt apologise for the roll, he tries to justify it. and As others have agreed, he deserved to be kicked. End of. The only thing that belittles this argument is the fact its level 10. Any end game content would be treated the same. So I did with this.

Actually that's probably the best thing you could've done. Getting kicked for rolling Need on items he can't use in the first FP(Possibly his first FP run), will likely make him not do it in subsequent flashpoints.

I rarely ever roll greed I just Pass unless it's something I actually need, the only "problem" I had was once on hammer station a Jedi Knight rolled Need on the hammer station doubble bladed lightsaber, which my Jedi Shadow needed (OBVIOUSLY) But the Knight didn't even notice what the loot was until I showed it to him afterwards. Suffice to say in that instance that was the only loot i rolled Need on, even though I won I was still a bit vexed about it.

So I think some people just roll without thinking, they don't look at what the chatbox says about the other players choices whilst others are just pain idiots.

Edited by LaurentiusX

Actually that's probably the best thing you could've done. Getting kicked for rolling Need on items he can't use in the first FP(Possibly his first FP run), will likely make him not do it in subsequent flashpoints.

Thank you, thats certainly a good way of looking at it. Like Hitting a Kid when he Draws on the Walls.

I rarely ever roll greed I just Pass unless it's something I actually need, the only "problem" I had was once on hammer station a Jedi Knight rolled Need on the hammer station doubble bladed lightsaber, which my Jedi Shadow needed (OBVIOUSLY) But the Knight didn't even notice what the loot was until I showed it to him afterwards. Suffice to say in that instance that was the only loot i rolled Need on, even though I won I was still a bit vexed about it.

So I think some people just roll without thinking, they don't look at what the chatbox says about the other players choices whilst others are just pain idiots.

Yeah, still People who don't pay attention to Loot I still consider either Idiots or Ignorant, one of the two. I run low level flashpoints mainly for the Loot anyways. So I get annoyed when people take that from me undeservingly.

Edited by Alohen

That's just a dick move. He only wanted those to sell, as Warriors don't get our "Bounty Hunter" companion until Taris.

That's just a dick move. He only wanted those to sell, as Warriors don't get our "Bounty Hunter" companion until Taris.

I remember once on an MMO, some guys reasoning was "It was the closer button to click to get the window out of my screen" :D:D

I didnt "Lose my Mind" but hey If you want to try have a go at me for that part, sure go for it.

I do realise this is looking like Im making a big deal about level 10 Loot. well no

Its mainly about the fact that From Black Talon/Esseles to Colicoid War Game, the Loot can be taken from you by classes that cant use them, because some people don't care to pay attention to It.

So dont turn this into an attacking thread, but you've gone there so;

It´s significant that this hapenned in Black Talon, strange as it is... theres a significant % of people in TOR that have never played an mmo before and BT is the first organized group content they will encounter, so even by explaining to them calmly that it is "wrong" to hit "need" instead of "greed" they dont compreend the concept clearly or in the manner you expect.

I dont mind the ocassional problem with loot in flashpoints, its part of the package you acept by playing with others. If it happens on multiple ocasions in the same run, then yeah ill be somewhat upset, but this is a game afterall, why loose your temper with it?

It´s significant that this hapenned in Black Talon, strange as it is... theres a significant % of people in TOR that have never played an mmo before and BT is the first organized group content they will encounter, so even by explaining to them calmly that it is "wrong" to hit "need" instead of "greed" they dont compreend the concept clearly or in the manner you expect.

I dont mind the ocassional problem with loot in flashpoints, its part of the package you acept by playing with others. If it happens on multiple ocasions in the same run, then yeah ill be somewhat upset, but this is a game afterall, why loose your temper with it?

Well it wasnt like I just went mental and kicked him with rage. I spoke to him for a few minutes, and tried to sort it out with him, then kicked him when he wouldnt admit the error of his ways or even apologise. How can you see further error with this? Other people say I did the right thing.

Edited by Alohen