Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What stats should i be looking for as a healer?

MSEYCH

*sigh*

In my very own personal opinion, avoid Alacrity like the plague. Try to get Power, Crit or Surge.

But to be completely honest, focus on have your gear up to date (as long as it has Aim) and don't get picky about stats until you are like level 50 =)

*sigh*

In my very own personal opinion, avoid Alacrity like the plague. Try to get Power, Crit or Surge.

But to be completely honest, focus on have your gear up to date (as long as it has Aim) and don't get picky about stats until you are like level 50 =)

You want alacrity as a healer. It makes your heals faster for those "oh ****" moments.

You want alacrity as a healer. It makes your heals faster for those "oh ****" moments.

Even in raids, you have far fewer oh crap moments if you're hitting lots of high crits. I dump alc for crit/surge all day long. The difference between 1.7 sec and 1.5 is not even noticeable when you're popping large heals.

It's kind of like stacking power without testing. Go ahead and stack power over crit/surge for a couple health points in your heals. Meanwhile, I'll crit, crit and crit again . . . all hundreds above the power stacker's crits. And I'll crit more often.

Instead, take alacrity when you can, but don't sacrifice close to even crit/surge for it. So yes, if an item is say +29 more ALC and -5 crit or something, then take it. But if it's +29 ALC and -20 crit, no.

Having said all this, it's a personal thing. If you're a little slower as a healer, you probably want as much ALC as possible. If you've been a raid healer in WoW, Rift, etc for years, my guess is you'll do just fine missing out on a little ALC.

On a side note, when you start getting the raid gear, get your combat medic set. Even though the DPS set has better base stats for what I said above, you want the set bonus from the CM gear.

Edit: Priority

All things being exactly even: aim - crit - surge - alc - pwr - end

Edited by RebelCapitalist

I'm not sure how it'll be on Operations where I'll be healing the main tank, but a LOT of Hard Mode Flashpoint encounters would require serious luck with Crits and random target effects to be manageable for me if I stacked Crit/Surge.

Because you're in serious problems healing heavy AoE/random target damage when your cooldowns aren't up, I feel like Alacrity seriously helps with this problem.

I've been tossing up between power or crit for my healer. I do intend to be an op healer and generally heal everywhere a healer is needed.

My crit is at 20% at the moment and slowly going down as I upgrade armour that is much more power heavy as that is where the gear tends to go.

Would I aim for a certain percentage for crit and then put the rest on power? Go power heavy and rely on small boosts in crit I will get from gear?

[Edit] I also agree and don't see that much use in Alac. I don't want to spam the abilities and I will get ammo starved which seems to be the key downside to a Combat Medic.

Thanks

Edited by vizsanity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.