Did I accidentally blow my one shot at F!trooper romance? How?

Kapsejs

So I've been noticing that even though I've progressed somewhat far (lvl 25) and my affection with Aric Jorgan is over 3000 I haven't gotten any flirt opinions whatsoever. He doesn't seem to want to talk to me after the quest New Home, and I'm beginning to fear that I might accidentally have shot down the romance before it's even started.

Even though we mostly agree about stuff and I'm nice to him I want to stay in character and that means I don't like getting my leadership questioned, something Jorgan has been an expert on, and one or two times I might have been rude to him. One time, during a story mission, I even told him to shut up. But that was a long time ago and it would feel awful if that would affect my possible shot at romance.

Am I just too impatient, should I just go follow my story line and wait until his affection goes up even more? Or am I doomed to spend the rest of the game in celibacy just because I might not have seen eye to eye to him exactly all the time? I mean, it's not like I would stop playing the game if that was the case, but I like Jorgan and it would feel like I missed out.

I think Bioware has done a subpar job on character interaction and romance compared to their previous games. They may fix these problems in later patches though.

Yeah, situations like these are confusing. I was romancing Malavai and never got a flirt or conversation with him in 4-5 planets. You finish something in your class story and suddenly you get mission after mission after mission. It's a bit uneven.