Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't experienced launch yet so I can't give a grade, but it IS funny to me to see how many people here believe they are entitled to something that they did NOT pay for.

You paid for the game, to ensure that you had a copy when release hit... not for early access. You might have only pre-ordered because you WANTED early access, but that does not in any way obligate Bioware to fulfill your desires in the timeline you believe to be appropriate.

You will all forget about why you got your rage boners in a week when you're playing the game they've made for you, so pro tip: calm down and stop stressing.

All that does is add to the inevitability of your first heart attack at age 30.

F-

1. Never told us when we'd get access. 1000's of fans took today off work and school and for what? To sit around all day hoping to get an invite that never came.

2. Only gave access to the first 6 days of pre-orders. They have 150 more days to go.

3. The Bioware team calls it quits at 2pm CST and heads home for the night.

4. All current available servers have been XP pvp exploited.

5 All current servers except one are "Light" or "standard" population, and those lucky enough to get in game, can't find groups because the entire world is mostly empty.

6. Crappy UI

7. No combat log

I'll play my first 30 free days then I'm done with Bioware forever.

It's like Ford. My dad bought a brand new Ford Tempo in 1989. The thing was the biggest piece of junk you'd ever seen.

I will never, ever buy a Ford because of that.

In 30 days those who don't feel the need to complain about something given to them free will be all the happier

Let me get this rolling with a solid F.

Poor peformance. People on these forums dont seem to like Bioware at the moment, that is going to hurt you on your peer eval. Lack of Effort, put in a minority of the population today then decided to go home. Really ... you have some "team" working 24/7 and they are "busy" "working" right now? Come on, show some respect to people they have brains. You dont chill for 18 hours and say you are hard at work.

I hope Bioware tries harder in the future.

I haven't read any other posts in the thread, so I'm sure you got roasted. Maybe not..

At any rate -- They don't have a full crew there.. they may only have one guy watching the servers.. and have others on call if needed (if something crashes).

But I gaurantee they have someone there at all times during this launch.

The launch is quite important to the longevity of the game.

A poor launch instills 'doubt' from the customer/subscriber in your abilities.

So far this launch has gone VERY well. Even though they've been cautious -- they are dealing with the largest launch EVER in history.

I think some people are forgetting this is , by far, the most people ever to launch in an MMO, to date.

No it isn't the biggest MMO, but it is the biggest launch.

They are working with MILLIONS of accounts here.

Frankly,.. I was a bit apprehensive with the way they were going about it -- but now I just have to applaud them for being patient.

They WANT their customers to be playing and be happy just as much as the players do.

I think some people think, get the impression, that Bioware is on the other team.

They are making the money off us.. they make the residual income of many millions every month (in the future) off of us. They LOVE us lol..

Their goal is to please us, keep us happy, so we keep giving them money.

There is no doubt about this.

So -- to your question:

I grade this a B+ -- I have to drop it down a bit because of the grace period. Otherwise it would have scored a solid A.

C- until they get everyone in they're failing. Glad to know they are getting good nights sleep.

lol..

The FIRST day of the '5 days' starts tomorrow. So far they are really over 100 percent..

By them extending the EA.. it costs them money. I know they are making tons of it.. but still, it wasn't absolutely necessary. But smart.

So now.. most if not ALL will have around 4 days at least of EA. Which falls right in line with what they said.

about 90% will have 5 days. The December orders will be the main orders who get 4 days out of the originally planned five. How can that be a failure, or even a C?

I don't get it.

Good job Bioware! To be honest, I doubted all of this even a few days ago -- but now that it is coming together.. I've done a 180.

Haven't experienced launch yet so I can't give a grade, but it IS funny to me to see how many people here believe they are entitled to something that they did NOT pay for.

They did everything that the people playing now did, so I'm not sure what your point is? The only difference is that some did it sooner than others...I don't necessarily think its entitlement, which is a word some people like to throw around with little actual thought to what they're talking about, but I can understand not being happy with 18 hour cutoffs between early access invites.

They did everything that the people playing now did, so I'm not sure what your point is? The only difference is that some did it sooner than others...I don't necessarily think its entitlement, which is a word some people like to throw around with little actual thought to what they're talking about, but I can understand not being happy with 18 hour cutoffs between early access invites.

they did everything the people playing now did EXCEPT ORDER EARLY!! can we close this thread? I think its out of code...

Edited by Painson

1) Do you honestly want Bioware to not use data that they are collecting to help adjust the flow of people comming in? That would be bad.

2) I would give them an A. The servers are up and running, smoothly. There weren't any crashes when I was playing the game, and no lag.

And have you thought that a ton of people are actually very happy with Bioware, but they are currently playing the game? It's not like they just let in a few thousand people on the first wave.

No. You know what I would have expected? That bioware used the data they had collected to make their servers able to handle the amount of people wanting to play the game.

Unless they somehow calculated that people would not want to play due to their silly staggered model, the servers still have to handle the exact same amount of players come the 20th as the would have if everyone had gotten in on the 13th.

The only thing that would get stressed more would be the login servers, and they would probably still do decently due to how people would automatically get spaced out during the day.

What's with all the F's? Really? You wouldn't think after seeing all the vods and game expos that this is nearly like any other MMO.

Are you grading because you didn't get in day 1? Really?

I give at a Solid B+

Game runs great for me even with a low end machine or at least a CPU that's about 2 years old.

The only drawbacks IMO is that aside from the class stories all of the other quest are identical and the only option is to either pick LS/DS points. That's it. I'm playing 2 consular and I chuckle at the retorts of a consular that responds mostly in arrogance and defiance.

Makes you wonder really that all that money spent on cinematic style or cut-scenes will most likely be seen in 1 play-through per class. I already press the space bar through quest if I play a class on the same world - such as JC and JK. Basically the same responses aside from some flirtations etc.

All in all I really like SWTOR not sure why but at the moment I will stick with it at least for now.

Edited by DarthTenor

they did everything the people playing now did EXCEPT ORDER EARLY!!! good lord guy..

They put down 5$ at a retailer blindly without trying out the game first, while people who were a bit more sceptical and didnt preorder till they tried it gets the stick. That basically means that they are alienating the people that are most likely to stop paying them money if they feel alienated. Great business strategy!

Now if Bioware was an indie company, and the preorders had facilitated the games completion, I'd be a bit more understanding, but that is quite clearly not the case.

they did everything the people playing now did EXCEPT ORDER EARLY!! can we close this thread? I think its out of code...

Like I said before...I'd give an A if they'd had continuous rolling invites until everyone was in. Grade dropped substantially when they stopped inviting for 18 hours....and dropped again when they did it two days in a row.

Like I said before...I'd give an A if they'd had continuous rolling invites until everyone was in. Grade dropped substantially when they stopped inviting for 18 hours....and dropped again when they did it two days in a row.

You'd think there was a very valid reason for that, no? If you look for something to whine about then you're going to find something for everything on this planet, jesus chill out :p

I agree, that would have generated much less annoyance. Having people continuosly getting in every few hours would avoid congestion in the starter areas, would not overload the login servers and would serve every purpose I can possibly come up with that they had for staggering the launch.

hang on u paid 15$ to get a free month, so use up the 30 days then after tyat feel free to stop the sub lol. cause u paid for it afer that and u can play for another 30 days. so what about it?

sure bioware been going down right now because the 5 day thing lol but i agree that the server feels empty. but at launch we wont have that issue

F-

1. Never told us when we'd get access. 1000's of fans took today off work and school and for what? To sit around all day hoping to get an invite that never came.

2. Only gave access to the first 6 days of pre-orders. They have 150 more days to go.

3. The Bioware team calls it quits at 2pm CST and heads home for the night.

4. All current available servers have been XP pvp exploited.

5 All current servers except one are "Light" or "standard" population, and those lucky enough to get in game, can't find groups because the entire world is mostly empty.

6. Crappy UI

7. No combat log

I'll play my first 30 free days then I'm done with Bioware forever.

It's like Ford. My dad bought a brand new Ford Tempo in 1989. The thing was the biggest piece of junk you'd ever seen.

I will never, ever buy a Ford because of that.

You'd think there was a very valid reason for that, no? If you look for something to whine about then you're going to find something for everything on this planet, jesus chill out :p

You'd think, but I've yet to hear it. Besides, I'm hardly raging :) No reason for me to chill out.

Edited by Vember

A+++ Zero problems, game is great. Been playing all day yesterday and today! :)

This isn't a QQ post, I did pre-order the game(but even if I don't get in until launch, it's not a huge deal to me), and I've been wondering what sort of pre-order date would have gotten me in by now.

When did you pre-order the game?

You'd think, but I've yet to hear it. Besides, I'm hardly raging :) No reason for me to chill out.

That wasnt a question :p I was implying that there will be a valid reason for them not rolling out invites every hour until everyone gets in. It looks like everyone will be in by Friday/Saturday, which is remarkable, considering the general consensus was agreeing that all late November/December preorders will get a few hours to play on the 19th of December.

It's an additional bonus ontop of an already good bonus. But of course gamers are the worst whiners and will sit there whining about everything they can, so sad people are actually like that :<