Armor rating (armoring mod) vs aditional armor (orange items)

Zanguar

Hi guys,

i have already posted this subject many times but got no responces (on general chat - sinked under whining topics, on fb, in game, via twiter, via customer service ticket).

Maybe here someone will care bout this and can respond to me (weird thing is players seams to not care bout it)

Here we go:

As most of you know we have orange tipe items with have places to enter item modifications (armoring, mod, enchanting, hilt, barel).

Those items have their base armor (and i see that some have difrent from others). To change this value of armor we putting inside armoring item.

Armoring item has ARMORING RATING stat, difrent lvls and raryty of items have difrent value.

Ofcours when you put armoring modification inside the item value of ITEMs' ARMOR is changing. But it is not the summ of BASE ARMOR value and ARMOR RATING.

Somehow ARMOR RATING like for exemple with value 50, can give aditionally 250 ARMOR value to the item.

And now comes my question, for with i can't find/get any info:

How much is 1 ARMOR RATYNG = ___ ADITIONAL ARMOR OF THE ITEM?

I know there will be ppl saying: just by the highest lvl item you can, but when i have item on me and want to change it on anothere orange without any mods inside, i don't really know if by puting armoring modification this orange item will have higher armor value than my present one ore not. Thx to lack of this knowlage i have lost some credits by buing modifications to se that it is not high enough...

Hope you guys can help me

P.S. This is not whining post, it is info post. And i checked google so without responces like this pls.

Also was asking BW bout this on difrent channels and go to responce.

The armor rating of an orange item is determined solely by the armoring mod. There is no base armor to factor in. But keep in mind that all orange armor has an armor type: Light, Medium, or Heavy. Any two pieces of orange armor of the same type, with the same armoring mod, will have the same amount of armor.

If you take the armoring mod out of your orange heavy armor and put it into any other orange heavy armor, the armor will be exactly the same. But if you take the armoring mod from a piece of heavy armor and put it into a piece of light armor, it will have significantly lower armor.

The armor rating of an orange item is determined solely by the armoring mod. There is no base armor to factor in. But keep in mind that all orange armor has an armor type: Light, Medium, or Heavy. Any two pieces of orange armor of the same type, with the same armoring mod, will have the same amount of armor.

If you take the armoring mod out of your orange heavy armor and put it into any other orange heavy armor, the armor will be exactly the same. But if you take the armoring mod from a piece of heavy armor and put it into a piece of light armor, it will have significantly lower armor.

orange items have base armor but very small (15-25).

And my question is how many armor i'll get on item if i put there armoring with specific armor rating... i thought i wrote that clearlly...

Yeah, it's expensive to take out mods after they've been put in.

I would also like to know if there's a way to calculate what will be the result, prior to putting the mod in.

I may already have a very good quality blue item, and my mods in stock may not be able to make the orange item equal/better.

orange items have base armor but very small (15-25).

And my question is how many armor i'll get on item if i put there armoring with specific armor rating... i thought i wrote that clearlly...

The base armor makes no difference whatsoever, unless you're wearing it with no mods. An orange item's armor is determined solely by the armoring mod. Nothing else is added. When I put a mod with armor rating 50 into an item, I am not adding 50 armor rating; I am modifying the armor to have an armor rating of 50. What is was before I put the mod in makes no difference.

You asked more than one question, one of which was how to know if a new item will give you more armor, and that's what I was trying to answer.

There is no way to know exactly how much armor you will get from a specific armoring mod. Just look at the armor rating. A lower armor rating will always mean less armor, a higher armor rating will always mean more armor, no matter what, as long as you're comparing armor of the same type.

The base armor makes no difference whatsoever, unless you're wearing it with no mods. An orange item's armor is determined solely by the armoring mod. Nothing else is added. When I put a mod with armor rating 50 into an item, I am not adding 50 armor rating; I am modifying the armor to have an armor rating of 50. What is was before I put the mod in makes no difference.

You asked more than one question, one of which was how to know if a new item will give you more armor, and that's what I was trying to answer.

There is no way to know exactly how much armor you will get from a specific armoring mod. Just look at the armor rating. A lower armor rating will always mean less armor, a higher armor rating will always mean more armor, no matter what, as long as you're comparing armor of the same type.

ok, but when you compare orange item with armoring and purple/blue/green item how do you know that orange item and armoring you'll put inside will be better/worst than purple/blue/green item?

ok, but when you compare orange item with armoring and purple/blue/green item how do you know that orange item and armoring you'll put inside will be better/worst than purple/blue/green item?

Those items also have their own "armor rating." In theory, whichever armor rating is higher will have more armor (assuming you are comparing light armor to light armor, medium to medium, or heavy to heavy.) So, if you have a blue item with armor rating 50, and an armor mod with armor rating 52, then whatever item you put that mod into will have the higher armor value.

It would be interesting to know exactly how much 1 "armor rating" equates to in actual armor value for light, medium, and heavy armors.

-Macheath.

Those items also have their own "armor rating." In theory, whichever armor rating is higher will have more armor (assuming you are comparing light armor to light armor, medium to medium, or heavy to heavy.) So, if you have a blue item with armor rating 50, and an armor mod with armor rating 52, then whatever item you put that mod into will have the higher armor value.

It would be interesting to know exactly how much 1 "armor rating" equates to in actual armor value for light, medium, and heavy armors.

-Macheath.

ok, finally someone expleined this to me, ty :D

-Macheath.

It depends on your level. 1 armor for a level 1 will have far more value than +1 armor for a level 50

But as to what the formula is, I don't know.

Yeah, it's expensive to take out mods after they've been put in.

I would also like to know if there's a way to calculate what will be the result, prior to putting the mod in.

I may already have a very good quality blue item, and my mods in stock may not be able to make the orange item equal/better.

I agree - would be nice to see what the results will be prior to inputting the mod.

I know for instance that a purple mod which is say Might Armoring 20 will give an item a higher rating than a blue mod which is Might Armoring 21. It would be nice to know this before wasting the money extracting mods needlessly.

Edited by JamieM

Just to throw some observations in here:

I am not sure if it is a rule, but each tier of equipment seems to be +2 levels over the base. For example, a Blue level 20 item will have stats roughly equivalent to a Green level 22 item, that sort of thing. Similarly, a Purple level 20 will be roughly equivalent to a Green 24.

This is how I have been spacing out my armour mods, and it seems to be the general idea. So if I come across a purple Armoring Mod that is level 20, and I already have a Green Armoring Mod less than 24 in a bit of gear, I will usually swap it out. Always happy to be corrected if somebody has hard facts on this, but these are my observations anyway.

I created a spread sheet and while Im still fine tuning Im seeking the same information.

From my sheet I do know that a Green Skill Barrel 4 will need a level 13 to use and have a PR of 34. That 34 has a damage range associated with it (looking for data here) If I crafted a Blue Skill Barrel 4 my min level stays the same but the damage range moves up (PR becomes 40) and with a Purple Skill Barrel 4 my min level stays the same but the damage range moves up another 6 to PR 46.

Min levels on a Skill Barrel only happen every two levels (9, 11, 13 etc.) Blades also fall into this pattern...which oddly enough are your Armstech crafts.

Armor is so far the only skill Ive encountered that has something at every level (Armor2, Armor3, Armor4) but it goes up 4 ratings per level (Armor2 has an AR of 26 (which matches barels of the same level) but then you can have an Armor3 which has an AR of 30). Offhand I cant remember the upticks in rating when you do the color shift but its comparable to the Barells.

Im very interested on this maths, couse the best looking gear ive been able to get is a low level orange type armor. i was wondering if i could adjust its mod to accompany me for all my gameplay, instead of the contant gear search. It would be very interesting if you could stick to a piece of gear you like for the looks and spend your money-energy looking for mods to upgrade it.

second question would be, can a level 10 orange piece of gear equal a level 35+ blue piece of gear with the apropiate mods added?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.