Solution to the Inquisitor and BH problem

CommanderChronos

We all know the Inquisitor and BH nerfs are coming, but I thought of a better solution.

Instead of nerfing the Inquisitor and BH why not just make the Republic classes a bit stronger/more flexible, to equal those classes.

If you start nerfing classes then its going to turn into an even bigger "lets all swing at each other for 20 min, before some1 dies"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know the Inquisitor and BH nerfs are coming, but I thought of a better solution.

Instead of nerfing the Inquisitor and BH why not just make the Republic classes a bit stronger/more flexible, to equal those classes.

If you start nerfing classes then its going to turn into an even bigger "lets all swing at each other for 20 min, before some1 dies"

Trooper / Sage, there's your IDENTICAL republic counterpart.

I know some people who are convinced SI and BH are stronger than Trooper and JC and nothing I say can convince them otherwise.

Sometimes you have to just accept a lost cause and try to pretend you don't see the posts or hear them ranting in the next room.

Both bh professions are overpowered?

I know some people who are convinced SI and BH are stronger than Trooper and JC and nothing I say can convince them otherwise.

Sometimes you have to just accept a lost cause and try to pretend you don't see the posts or hear them ranting in the next room.

I played both powertech and vanguard... There are subtleties to them. You have to remember that vanguard and powertech were not always mirrors in beta. In early beta (up until April/may) they were separate professions entirely. I do notice a little more time firing similar specials with vanguard. I don't think it really affects the outcome.

They have HEAVY ARMOR, BIG GUNS, HEAVY ARMOR.

How are us lonesome republic [candy-asses] guys supposed to keep up?

WUT?!?!?!? I thought bh used pistols, those are small guns!!!!

Now, the real question is... Since both bh/merc use the same weapons (offhand is different) how does that compare to the rifle/heavyweapon that vanguard and commando have... because the heavyweapon has a higher damage number on it than the vanguard rifle (I think 15-16% higher damage) Does the second pistol do 15-16% more damage? Too bad there isn't a combat log to find out...

Edited by Jarfunkz

Well, I still dont have that 2-3 instadeath spell shot on my counsler.

LOL. BH suck at the moment. Pathetic CC and moderate damage. We can survive longer, but hit people with wet towels.

Jesus christ.

Well, I still dont have that 2-3 instadeath spell shot on my counsler.

What, exactly, are you refering too? Because the setup I use which can look like instadeath can be PERFECTLY mirror'd by counslar.

13/12/16 is the setup (exactly the same for both sides)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhbRZbsMMkZcMcRs0z.1 Counslar version

Basically, after applying Weaken Mind, you use telekinetic throw to proc PoM and use that to chuck instant Mind Crushes and TWs. Along with Force in Balance, you can slam out thousands of damage without ever running out of force.

Your shield is also stronger, and Rejuvanite allows you to speed cast Deliverance and full heal in 4 seconds.

I've seen pleanty of Sage's doing this, I will admit thoguh, that it's much more obvious when Sorc's do it with all their purple lighting flying everywhere.

What, exactly, are you refering too? Because the setup I use which can look like instadeath can be PERFECTLY mirror'd by counslar.

13/12/16 is the setup (exactly the same for both sides)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhbRZbsMMkZcMcRs0z.1 Counslar version

Basically, after applying Weaken Mind, you use telekinetic throw to proc PoM and use that to chuck instant Mind Crushes and TWs. Along with Force in Balance, you can slam out thousands of damage without ever running out of force.

Your shield is also stronger, and Rejuvanite allows you to speed cast Deliverance and full heal in 4 seconds.

I've seen pleanty of Sage's doing this, I will admit thoguh, that it's much more obvious when Sorc's do it with all their purple lighting flying everywhere.

I really hope no one is actually stupid enough to play this spec.

I really hope no one is actually stupid enough to play this spec.

By all means, pick it appart instead of offering more one liner non-responses.

Exactly what do you gain in pvp through futher specilization? Two seconds to Mind Crush? Death Mark is nice indeed, but is not burst and doesn't make up for the lose of healing options. PoM + TW/Wrath + CL is much better than Creeping Terror and Sever Force.

If you want a 1v1 duelign spec, then of course deep Seer is better, but really, show me a better hybrid spec for PvP? Not a roughly equal one, a better one.

I don't think it's necessarily that sorcs/sages/bh/troopers are OP - it's that ranged in general is far superior to melee. There isn't any tradeoff to being ranged like say a Sorc/Sage. You have better: Durability, Range, DPS, Utility and ease of play than say a DPS Juggernaut etc. Edited by TheRealBrave

By all means, pick it appart instead of offering more one liner non-responses.

Exactly what do you gain in pvp through futher specilization? Two seconds to Mind Crush? Death Mark is nice indeed, but is not burst and doesn't make up for the lose of healing options. PoM + TW/Wrath + CL is much better than Creeping Terror and Sever Force.

If you want a 1v1 duelign spec, then of course deep Seer is better, but really, show me a better hybrid spec for PvP? Not a roughly equal one, a better one.

lol yeah you gain so much burst man, telekinetic wave which doesn't do good damage without being 30+ in telekinetics and... nothing. you lose most of your dot damage (30% crit dmg on all 3 dots, sever force, +20% more dot damage and 15% on weaken mind), and lose the 30% crit bonus on force in balance, and all you gain is telekinetic wave and some self healing that you wouldn't need anyway if you had sever force, and which is actually inferior to focused insights HPS in group combat. SICK.......

Edited by CHRISGG