Legacy Names

AtusesDorne

I was just wondering if Legacy names were exclusive eg no one else can have your in game last name. Btw i was also wondering if anyone in the community shares a last name with an NPC. I am a trooper and i married my NPC Elara Dorne sooo i made my legacy name Dorne. Has anyone else come up with this idea i thought it was a great idea. It works really well when rolling new characters due to the companion asking to have children

Discuss

Considering all of the people that play this game, I would guess that legacy names are able to be duplicated. The reason I say this is because you were able to get the last name of your NPC. Someone else may have thought to use that last name as well.

Yeah...I just got mine, being a slow leveler and all my choices are already taken.

I was in pre-launch, too.

Thanks for nothing, Bioware. :(:mad:

This is one of the things I complained about Legacy Names, among other things.

Sure, I can be "creative", but the fact we have to share one name limits things.

All I gotta say is, one of those Legacy perks better be the ability to rename individual character's last name.

The legacy names are only contained within each sever. Say you really want the Skywalker legacy name, but it's already taken on the server you're on. Well wait for a new server to open up, power lvl your character and if you're fast enough at lvling, you can choose Skywalker. Another thing to keep in mind about legacy. From my understanding, it doesn't work cross-server. As in if you create an alt on a different server, it won't have the Legacy name as your main and you won't gain any legacy experience from the new alt.

I have been curious, is it possible to hide your legacy name on alts you create?

I have a good last name for my current character but I dont want to limit the choices for any new characters I create because they have to "flow" with my previously chosen legacy name.

I know I wont get a knew one on the server, but I would just like to be able to hide it from all to see and still get the perks?

I have been curious, is it possible to hide your legacy name on alts you create?
I've heard that it is possible. The default is visible, but you have the option to hide it.

Which brings me to my burning question (since I haven't leveled that far yet):

When your 1st character reaches the appropriate level and gets to create a Legacy name, what happens when your 2nd character reaches that level? Do they not get to create one? Do you get the option to create a 2nd Legacy name, and then future alts have the option to pick between the two?

I seriously pray it's the latter -- I don't want my alts to be locked to a single surname. Luke Skywalker and Bib Skywalker? Or Bib Fortuna and Luke Fortuna? Or is my only recourse to hide all the non-related surnames? Or play on multiple servers? Bleh. That's no fun.

I read at one point that other players could opt to play as part of the same Legacy, but it doesn't seem like that is possible today.

From a RP perspective, I think this is a great idea. From a mechanic standpoint it could allow people to power-level Legacy abilities.

I've heard that it is possible. The default is visible, but you have the option to hide it.

Which brings me to my burning question (since I haven't leveled that far yet):

When your 1st character reaches the appropriate level and gets to create a Legacy name, what happens when your 2nd character reaches that level? Do they not get to create one? Do you get the option to create a 2nd Legacy name, and then future alts have the option to pick between the two?

I seriously pray it's the latter -- I don't want my alts to be locked to a single surname. Luke Skywalker and Bib Skywalker? Or Bib Fortuna and Luke Fortuna? Or is my only recourse to hide all the non-related surnames? Or play on multiple servers? Bleh. That's no fun.

Unlocking legacy on the 1st character to complete chapter 1 on your server ties the legacy to ALL characters on that server, current and future. You get one legacy per server.

Edit: You don't necessarily have to show the surname on all characters, you can choose to hide it all together or display it as <The ____ Legacy> which will show beneath your character's name.

Edited by Eysaathe