Sabotage Charge and Sharpshooter

Haliam

I am working on refining my rotation. I just hit level 30 and was wondering if I should stop using Sabotage Charge. It seems good for some extra burst in pvp but I am not sure if it is as efficient for pve? Though it does have the small dot on it as well.

Keep in mind I have speced full Sharpshooter.

I dont use it for my rotation. The problem is that it is just an energy hog with a much-too-long cast animation. I think all the energy/time would be better placed on other resources. After you have all of the abilities, keeping energy down around the full regen mark will be easy without it.

I never use it in single target rotation, but I will always use it in 2-3+ mob aoe situations.

Pretty much this. It disables a weak or normal mob, which is less damage you or your companion will be taking. It also enables you to headshot them while they are flung across the screen.

I also use it in pvp as burst damage. In a 1v1 situation when I'm unnoticed, sometimes I'll throw a sabotage charge then aim shot, followed by an immediate trickshot and an instant charged burst if it's up and/or speed shot. If any of those things crit, there's a chance quickdraw will be up depending on the class. This usually sends a lot of inexperienced players into panic mode, where they either run away or charge up a big heal instead of CC/stun you first.

So sabotage charge still has its uses as a sharpshooter, but not near the damage you would get from a saboteur build. At level 40, it will crit for 1400, which kills some normal mobs instantly.