The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Worried about Empire/Republic ratio.

zorphon

I'm on 'Wound to the Force', or something along those lines.

The cap. city for Republic has 33 people in it, 10 minutes ago. The Empire city had like 100+ people. :eek:

Also, my starting zone had like 20-some people, while the BH/IA starting zone had in the 90s.

Its like 80/20 as far as Empire/Republic, and I'm getting seriously worried. Do you think it'll even out as Early Access continues, or will it just get worse?

Well I would guess that Empire will have bigger populations overall. Though the polls seemed to imply that PvP servers would be Empire heavy, and PvE servers would be a bit stronger on Republic. Who knows really. I will be bolstering Republic when I get in.

Well I would guess that Empire will have bigger populations overall. Though the polls seemed to imply that PvP servers would be Empire heavy, and PvE servers would be a bit stronger on Republic. Who knows really. I will be bolstering Republic when I get in.

I'm Republic, and it's a US West PvP server. I'm just worried. If it was like 60/40, that'd be perfectly fine. But 97 compared to 20? 100 compared to 33?

I'm not in yet, but I do have access to the guild lists for my server (Black Vulkars, PVP). There are more than twice as many Imperial guilds as Republic. I'm a little worried too. We're imperial but its no fun if you automatically roflstomp republics in open world stuff...

I'm not in yet, but I do have access to the guild lists for my server (Black Vulkars, PVP). There are more than twice as many Imperial guilds as Republic. I'm a little worried too. We're imperial but its no fun if you automatically roflstomp republics in open world stuff...

Yea. My point exactly. :(

There is no reason to think ongoing early access or launch will have much effect on this either way.

On PvP severs the Republic will be hopelessly outnumbered for sure. Unfortunately Bioware is offering no incentive for people who are undecided to choose the side that could use the help. So the deciding factor becomes getting ganked left and right in the open world vs. slightly longer Warzone queues...clear decision for most players probably.

Edited by mufutiz

That is concerning, but time will tell. Be patient.

Part of it may be the nature of the roll out. The people who got in out of order aside, we can say the majority of the people in your example were first day purchasers and code redeemers. By default, that makes them the most gung ho and excitable. The sort of energy of the Imperial side is exciting and possibly more attractive to them right off the bat.

Hope the people who came along later are the more nostalgic sorts who will choose Republic for its classic hero feel. So who knows, that gap could close as time goes by.

Or worse, it could widen. <shudder> I love open world pvp and don't want to see it die and force us into controlled pvp playgrounds like in other games.