Mercs in PvP..

renegadeimp

How are they faring atm at end game?

I have a friend who is duoing a merc with my darkness assassin at the moment, and he's thinking it is pretty lacklustre, plus he still isn't sure what spec to go.

He's primarily a PvP'er so any advice ANYONE can give so i can encourage him to stick with his class would be much appreciated.

:mon_trap:

Don't do it. You really won't learn anything useful.

This. Check Werden's sticky thread. He has a little bit about Merc performance on the current last page (I think it's 23, not 100% sure).

As a level 50 Arsenal Merc, I think we are an extremely formidable class in competitive PvP. That said, you should know before hand that we are not a 1v1 class. Our performance shines in group combat, bringing some very crazy burst damage, a strong arsenal of control/peels and powerful AOE.

PvPing with my guild against other guilds (especially the Republic ones on my server) has been an absolute blast. It becomes very intense, especially on huttball, but I've enjoyed it thoroughly and have never regretted my choice to become a Mercenary. I look forward to when we can get our own 50s bracket and queue with more than 4 people.

Do you want to be a 1v1 god and make all the noobs jealous? Whill never contributing anything to the people trying to win the game? Then no they arent fairing well

Do you remember you have heals? Do you have the heals on your hotbar? Do you know that every single BH pvp spec in the game should have 2 points to reduce the cast time of your 2.5s heal period? If so then you will be servicable in pvp and you will do well with a team of competent players

99/100 are the first type of players i mention, so just had to get that out their, this class isent OP not by a long stretch, you need to use every aspect of this class to make this clas worth using in pvp, healing/tanking with your bubble/dpsing, because if you simply sit back and spam tracer missile like every BH i see does then you will simply be useless in pvp

Edited by Bejita

Mercenary is a typical mage-archetype; you are a glass cannon. Don't be fooled by the "heavy armor" you wear. Your job is to stay behind the tanks and kill the enemy hears/DPS players. You will do great if you stick to the mobile cannon gameplay.

If you choose to try and run into thick of things and get into people's faces you will be destroyed in seconds unless you have gaurd on you.

I can type "You are about to die!" to any mercenary that runs to my PT and tries to fight heads up. I can lock ALL of your damage abilities out PERMANENTLY with my interrupts. I have 5 of them with quell being on 8 second cooldown.