Will you be forcing name changes to accounts

FadeXF

that have all level 1 characters created on all servers with names locked up? Is this something you are pro-actively looking at and pro-actively just going to do tomorrow... and the day after... ect until the true launch of the game?

Or are you happy that (I guarantee you it's already done) 1 person has already locked up "Athene" (joking... but totally legitimate example) on every single server?

I really doubt they will do this.

You could try and come up with an original name to counter this.

If they do this it would be the first time I've ever seen an MMO company do it. Not saying it's never happened I've just never heard of it. As they say, to the victor go the spoils.

that have all level 1 characters created on all servers with names locked up? Is this something you are pro-actively looking at and pro-actively just going to do tomorrow... and the day after... ect until the true launch of the game?

Or are you happy that (I guarantee you it's already done) 1 person has already locked up "Athene" (joking... but totally legitimate example) on every single server?

Is it not a person's prerogative to do this? I don't understand what the big deal is, you know people will do this, so that leaves you a choice:

1) Choose a less populated server, and hope your chances of getting your desired name are better.

2) Think creatively and find a name that is not chosen and one you can live with.

I really dont think people are going to have a real difficult time with this, providing you don't choose an awefully common name like "Luke" or some such thing.

Is there no limit on how many toons you can roll? That's awesome if that's the case. As for the name part I don't know what you want Bioware to do. With or without early access there are always "name ******" as it was put above who will scoop up the popular ones as quick as they can

Is it not a person's prerogative to do this? I don't understand what the big deal is, you know people will do this, so that leaves you a choice:

1) Choose a less populated server, and hope your chances of getting your desired name are better.

2) Think creatively and find a name that is not chosen and one you can live with.

I really dont think people are going to have a real difficult time with this, providing you don't choose an awefully common name like "Luke" or some such thing.

I don't think you understand the issue here...

The issue is that in any other MMO released to date: everyone had equal access from day 1. Whatever name... even if it is a more common name... everyone had equal chances of logging in day 1 and securing that name on only 1 or 2 servers....

Currently you have some guy or gal securing names on every single server... why? Because they can. So they are the only snowflake....

I personally have made super catchy-funny auction/banker alt name and made the name extremely popular in WOW. I made the mistake of posting on it... and when I had checked when I first had the name for months and months.... I was the only person with it on the 3 servers I played... within several months of me posting: WHAMO... every server had the name. So don't lecture me on individualized names.... that's a lot of my concern that someone has snaked my name and then locked it up solid on ALL servers by now.

So again: I direct this question to a Dev... will you be running a script to check that accounts haven't locked down level 1 alts on all servers with various names and releasing those names?

Is there no limit on how many toons you can roll? That's awesome if that's the case. As for the name part I don't know what you want Bioware to do. With or without early access there are always "name ******" as it was put above who will scoop up the popular ones as quick as they can

Again: the issue is that NO OTHER MMO EVER RELEASED allowed this much of a head start.... considering the last wave was 8 hours ago... someone could have leveled to 20 by now.... got crafting up too... AND had time to log in and name-lock to their hearts content... and 5 days later as more servers open WITH NO QUEUES they can continue to name-lock.

It is a HUGE and quite VALID issue... so again: I want to know what is being done about this.

I don't think you understand the issue here...

The issue is that in any other MMO released to date: everyone had equal access from day 1. Whatever name... even if it is a more common name... everyone had equal chances of logging in day 1 and securing that name on only 1 or 2 servers....

Currently you have some guy or gal securing names on every single server... why? Because they can. So they are the only snowflake....

I personally have made super catchy-funny auction/banker alt name and made the name extremely popular in WOW. I made the mistake of posting on it... and when I had checked when I first had the name for months and months.... I was the only person with it on the 3 servers I played... within several months of me posting: WHAMO... every server had the name. So don't lecture me on individualized names.... that's a lot of my concern that someone has snaked my name and then locked it up solid on ALL servers by now.

So again: I direct this question to a Dev... will you be running a script to check that accounts haven't locked down level 1 alts on all servers with various names and releasing those names?

I find it ironic and hilarious that you complain about someone taking a name on multiple servers being a special snowflake, then a few sentences later you complain that you were a special snowflake until people stole your name.

I find it ironic and hilarious that you complain about someone taking a name on multiple servers being a special snowflake, then a few sentences later you complain that you were a special snowflake until people stole your name.

The current naming trend for children in North America is to deviate entirely from "Thomas" or "Lynn" or "Jeremy" and name your kid "Princess" or "Limabean" or "VersionTwo" ... in effect the reverse will happen: eventually all of the "weird" names will become normal... and then the "normal" names will become more rare.

It really doesn't matter what name I end up wanting... that isn't the point. The point is equal access and name-locking. I don't even care if someone DOESN'T lock my name... the point is that Bioware has thought of this and is going to pro-actively move against name-locking on multiple servers.

• 2 weeks later...
The current naming trend for children in North America is to deviate entirely from "Thomas" or "Lynn" or "Jeremy" and name your kid "Princess" or "Limabean" or "VersionTwo" ... in effect the reverse will happen: eventually all of the "weird" names will become normal... and then the "normal" names will become more rare.

It really doesn't matter what name I end up wanting... that isn't the point. The point is equal access and name-locking. I don't even care if someone DOESN'T lock my name... the point is that Bioware has thought of this and is going to pro-actively move against name-locking on multiple servers.

Do you know of any MMO's in which the developer has actually stepped in and name-locked as you call it? I've heard of them removing names due to copyright problems (CoH comes to mind), but I've never heard of them removing names because of any of the reasons you're listing. It's doubtful Bioware will step in. I know you see this as an unfair advantage, but early access was meant to be just that. Bioware said up-front the earliest pre-orders would get into the game first, and that would obviously mean name rights as well.