A list of features and fixes that would be good for the game.

BadgeredMushroom

I'm having a great time leveling and experiencing the story with the missus and some friends. However, throughout our game time we have encountered a variety of things that cause us some irritation or that are otherwise found lacking. Below is a list of some of the most pressing matters (IMNSHO) that we believe should be attended to.

User Interface

• Ability to adjust the size and positioning of user interface elements. Think Rift, Guild Wars, and most other modern MMORPGs/MOCRPGs.
  • Ability to see companion health in groups with both the standard party unit frames or the operation unit frames. This would make doing Heroic 2+ content, Esseles/Black Talon, and duo grouping in general a lot more bearable.
  • Ability to have more than five hotbars. Myself and many others prefer to lay out our bars in a particular way and group different hotbar buttons by category (crafting, consumables, reactive abilities, etc.) and being limited to five bars is a major downer. It would also be nice to be able to see my companion's hotbar without sacrificing one of my own hotbars to do so.
  • A sophisticated combat log with toggleable filters and parsing capability.
  • A revamped Galactic Trade Network UI. Perhaps something similar to the auction interface of Rift, World of Warcraft, or most any other modern MMORPGs. Few people bother using the GTN on my server and I would imagine a part of that is due to the poorly designed search and filtering functions of the current UI.
  • A group finding tool along the lines of Dungeons and Dragons Online and/or an in-game tutorial that all players must do on their first character that explains to all players how to use the in-game tool. While we have a group finder in-game, few people know its there, and many of those that do know refuse to use it because "it sucks", thus making it truly suck because nobody it utilizing it. I believe a tutorial would go a long way in remedying this problem.

Combat

• Ability to interrupt animations in order to increase the responsiveness of my character. While the game's animations are for the most part great, I'm really annoyed by how often my character is forced to finish the animation for an ability long after its effect has occurred and the global cooldown has refreshed. This makes combat feel clunky and is a detriment to my overall enjoyment of the game.

Crafting

• Methods for acquiring higher grade versions of items that aren't subject to the whims of the RNG. Perhaps high-cost recipes and/or recipes awarded through exploration (similar to datacrons, but for crafting) or dropping off the road rare spawns. This would of course be in addition to the current system.
  • More orange gear, or make all items completely modifiable. There is little to no market for items without modifications (blue weapons especially) thus making them nothing but glorified vendor fodder. Even purples are oftentimes overlooked because of their limited use due to a lack of "core" modification slots. If anything blue or higher were modifiable (and frankly I'd like to see all items be this way) I believe that would open up the market for non-orange items/non-enhancement random drops. The current system just doesn't make sense.

This isn't meant to be an all-encompassing list of grievances as I'm sure many people (especially those already at the level cap) can tell you that the game is lacking in many other sectors. However, for the immediate, I believe these are issues that can be addressed within a reasonable time frame.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by BadgeredMushroom

I do, make the Global Cooldown to a variable depending on how much time an animation takes time to finish. This will fix the users irritation when executing the next skill/ability and feeling the game is not responsive enough because the prior animation is still executing. I know this is completely the opposite of your feature fix and I did it on purpose :)

Your other points I quite like.

I haven't got anything too figured out, but I'll just write down what I think without having to do said thinking too much:

*Replace poorly executed cutscenes with textboxes (:p) (Eg, dailies with an NPC speaking huttese)

*Kill the Hutball commentator.

*Implement more varied music (Is it so hard to throw in some more William's work or, my favourite, more of the original KotOR soundtrack for more ambience), and make it play more often.

*Visual customization needs to be improved, imo. Now that more and more people reach 50, I've begun to see lots and lots of clones running around.

Why no custom gear for endgame? Whatever happened to colour matching? Why is there such a lack of variation in gear models?

Also, where's the hood down/up option? And how come some masks can't be worn together with a hood? Etc etc etc...

*Graphics-wise, em I the only one who thinks that practically everything looks like it's made out of plastic or rubber? My robe doesn't feel like something the Emperor (Palpie) would have worn, but rather like it belongs in the cellar-scene of Pulp Fiction.

My additions:

Shortcut to easy switch between world and local map.

The quick travel must be able to teleport to ship.

Make usable filter - so it shows in inventory only items that have proper stats for current companion/char/ship.

Allow companion to sell everything/mark items as trash.

*Graphics-wise, em I the only one who thinks that practically everything looks like it's made out of plastic or rubber? My robe doesn't feel like something the Emperor (Palpie) would have worn, but rather like it belongs in the cellar-scene of Pulp Fiction.

No, you aren't. I just fired up LOTRO last night and was wowed by how much better the textures in a half decade old F2P game looks than this. I can even adjust my draw distance and stuff, it's crazy.

Less huttball. I play 6-8 games of huttball before i get into either of the other 2 warzones. I Can't even stomache queing for pvp anymore because I know it will be huttball, huttball, huttball, huttball, alderaan, huttball, huttball, huttball.

I'm having a great time leveling and experiencing the story with the missus and some friends. However, throughout our game time we have encountered a variety of things that cause us some irritation or that are otherwise found lacking. Below is a list of some of the most pressing matters (IMNSHO) that we believe should be attended to.

User Interface

• Ability to see companion health in groups with both the standard party unit frames or the operation unit frames. This would make doing Heroic 2+ content, Esseles/Black Talon, and duo grouping in general a lot more bearable.

• A group finding tool along the lines of Dungeons and Dragons Online and/or an in-game tutorial that all players must do on their first character that explains to all players how to use the in-game tool. While we have a group finder in-game, few people know its there, and many of those that do know refuse to use it because "it sucks", thus making it truly suck because nobody it utilizing it. I believe a tutorial would go a long way in remedying this problem.

you already can see companions health when in groups. If you look at your groupmates pic/healthbar those that have a companion out there is a tinny pic of their compaion with their healthbar underneath the pic/healthbar of whoever they belong to.

I agree. I am tired of people asking for a LFG tool when there is one in game and people are just not using it. I think alot of it is they come to the forums and see people screaming that the game needs one so they assume there isn't one ingame.

Less huttball. I play 6-8 games of huttball before i get into either of the other 2 warzones. I Can't even stomache queing for pvp anymore because I know it will be huttball, huttball, huttball, huttball, alderaan, huttball, huttball, huttball.

you see more huttball because it is the one wz where you can get teasm of mixed republic/empire teams. Thus is you are on a server where there are not enough say republics queing you will see alot of huttball as oppossed to sitting in a que and waiting till there are enough republic players to que up for one of the other two.

you already can see companions health when in groups. If you look at your groupmates pic/healthbar those that have a companion out there is a tinny pic of their compaion with their healthbar underneath the pic/healthbar of whoever they belong to.

I don't use the standard unit frames, so I would very much appreciate it if they added it to the operation frames as well, similar to how pets are grouped for raid frames in other titles.

I agree. I am tired of people asking for a LFG tool when there is one in game and people are just not using it. I think alot of it is they come to the forums and see people screaming that the game needs one so they assume there isn't one ingame.

Exactly! A tutorial would go a long way in raising awareness of the existing tool. While I think it could definitely be better, using what we have now is still better than using nothing at all!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.