Hybrid Protoshield spec

Tifo-Dias

so, i came up with that skill tree mainly for pvp and i want to know what you guys think about

i'm kinda newbie whem it comes to mmos, never played one to seriously ( i'm not from wow and such =P ) hence i'm not so sure about the build, but it looks pretty solid to me

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMGbdRMoZrsMro0cZb.1

toughts?

This is near the spec I was just thinking about in the PT forums. I am curious about this. Were you going to get the def/absorb pvp gear or the crit gear?

My only thing, using quell and other abilities our heat is going to skyrocket, esp without heat blast.

damm, i tought i created this on the powertech foruns.. sorry guys ><

This is near the spec I was just thinking about in the PT forums. I am curious about this. Were you going to get the def/absorb pvp gear or the crit gear?

My only thing, using quell and other abilities our heat is going to skyrocket, esp without heat blast.

heat blast doesn vet that much heat.. only 8, its not such a great skill imho

but i can see heating as a problem as it wouldn't be possible to use the "proto cilynder ventilation" as it doesn't work with ion cilynder...

can't think of a way to fix this issue tough ><

not sure about the set but i think i would go wit the def gear

damm, i tought i created this on the powertech foruns.. sorry guys ><

heat blast doesn vet that much heat.. only 8, its not such a great skill imho

but i can see heating as a problem as it wouldn't be possible to use the "proto cilynder ventilation" as it doesn't work with ion cilynder...

can't think of a way to fix this issue tough ><

not sure about the set but i think i would go wit the def gear

Think I'm going this. The extra 15% to the bleed is meh.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMGbdMroZrsMrobZb.1

yea I already have my 2 piece champion set bonus, reduce CD of jet charge and heat blast by 1.5 seconds. Now the heat blast your right I don't care about. Just heat will run high when your trying to burst.

I like the def pieces. Well gonna give this spec a chance soon. I know in most matches i'm in the 160-175k total dam done. I'll see how it is after this.

Think I'm going this. The extra 15% to the bleed is meh.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMGbdMroZrsMrobZb.1

yea I already have my 2 piece champion set bonus, reduce CD of jet charge and heat blast by 1.5 seconds. Now the heat blast your right I don't care about. Just heat will run high when your trying to burst.

I like the def pieces. Well gonna give this spec a chance soon. I know in most matches i'm in the 160-175k total dam done. I'll see how it is after this.

well i went for the bleeding effect for that is the major portion fo the total blade damage.. but i don't see a point in taking the flame barrage skill if we don't get immolate ( top proto skill) or combust (shield lower skill) , for otherwise the flame burst skill is not such a great skill to spam.. plus there is the heat problem, so it is not wise to spend heat in a not great ability

but i'm not even near high level with my BH and while i don't find myself using flame burst it's possible that i'm wrong and that skill rocks, do you use it a lot?

well i went for the bleeding effect for that is the major portion fo the total blade damage.. but i don't see a point in taking the flame barrage skill if we don't get immolate ( top proto skill) or combust (shield lower skill) , for otherwise the flame burst skill is not such a great skill to spam.. plus there is the heat problem, so it is not wise to spend heat in a not great ability

but i'm not even near high level with my BH and while i don't find myself using flame burst it's possible that i'm wrong and that skill rocks, do you use it a lot?

What else would you be spamming if not Flame Burst? Flame Burst is a low heat ability that bypasses armor and benefits from several talents in all Powertech trees, such as increasing damage and crit chance as well as a proc and a debuff. It does way more damage than any other spammable ability Powertech has access to, such as Missile Blast. Flame Burst should be your fallback ability when everything else is on CD and youre under 40 heat (unless vent heat is off CD and you plan on using it or you just dont care about over heating because of an assured kill).

Edited by GrimMage

What else would you be spamming if not Flame Burst? Flame Burst is a low heat abiltiy that bypasses armor and benefits from several talents in all Powertech trees, such as increasing damage and crit chance as well as a proc and a debuff. It does way more damage than any other spammable ability Powertech has access to, such as Missile Blast. Flame Burst should be your fallback ability when everything else is on CD and youre under 40 heat (unless vent heat is off CD and you plan on using it or you just dont care about over heating because of an assured kill).

i see.. as i said i'm low lvl and flame burst doesn't seen to do that amount of damage.. but i see ur point, we don't have nothing else to spam

so, what do u think? free rocket punch or + bleeding damage?

i see.. as i said i'm low lvl and flame burst doesn't seen to do that amount of damage.. but i see ur point, we don't have nothing else to spam

so, what do u think? free rocket punch or + bleeding damage?

I would go with the free rocketpunch, since youre going to be having heat problems without having Prototype Cylinder Ventilation. Also plus it will be working in tandem with the shieldtech talent that resets rocketpunch CD. Rocketpunch is one of the hardest hitting abilities so having it free and reset often is great.

I would go with the free rocketpunch, since youre going to be having heat problems without having Prototype Cylinder Ventilation. Also plus it will be working in tandem with the shieldtech talent that resets rocketpunch CD. Rocketpunch is one of the hardest hitting abilities so having it free and reset often is great.

Pretty much this. I mean it's not 100% reset for a free one, but man that's awesome.