Populations on servers...

Ishikawa

I don't know if these of people are drama queens or just blind. :confused:

When it comes to the subject of not seeing people or not having people to interact with on a server I don't get it. I see lots of people on all 3 of the servers I play on. My servers are Corellian Run (high pop, full at peak hours) Krayiss Obelisk (med pop) Sedyn Kyne (low to med pop)

In this game there are usually 100+ people on a planet ( I know not always) and not the 1000's plus like other games. This is not a flaw or a bad thing. It just means more people have to step up and interact with others and not just sit around waiting for someone else to get things going.

On all 3 servers I always see people. In the city's, out questing and in chat looking for groups. It does not seem to take more than 10 mins to get a group started for heroic's or going to a flash point. It is a pain still I know but it can be done!

So if you really want people around they are around you just have to look and step up yourself to get things going sometimes.

I like to play alone and do things alone and when I am in this kind of mood there is hardly anyone around me. But when I want people around for groups or I stop and focus less on playing the game and look around the people are there and I think that is the problem with others.

It isn't like that for every server or everyone I am sure but there would be a lot less QQ posts on here about there not being people if you all just took the time and really looked or stepped up and got a group together. I don't know maybe it is your server, if it is try one of the ones I listed cause there is no problems there I know that.

Anyway there is my rant. Just got tired of the posts about not seeing people. When for the most part many should take a real look around. They are there, in a lot of case's they are Inquizitors or Counselor using their game skill to hide :p but they are there.

I play on a "standard" population server and it feels lifeless and empty even at peak hours.

The most I've ever seen on the capital ship is 50. The most I've seen in a shard on a planet is a bit over 100. The most I've ever seen on my screen directly must be maybe 10 people.

I guess those are the consequences of using an awful game-engine. You have to cap your servers at 3-4k people and shard everything into oblivion.

Edited by YooYooMa

Servers population is just another strange moment from EA/BW!

Im playing on Frostclaw and Hidden Becks - two FULL servers with 10-20 mins queues.

All i could see so far is 50-90 people per one location in prime time.

Let me make approximate calculation:

14 planets. 2 fleets. 2 factions (i hope they counts separately). Lets take medium amount of people in prime time - 70.

((70*14)+(70*2))*2=2240=full server with queue.

Locations are empty. With no LFD tool, spamming chat for world boss/2 and 4 heroics is just dark ancient times of the MMORPG industry.

Servers population is just another strange moment from EA/BW!

Im playing on Frostclaw and Hidden Becks - two FULL servers with 10-20 mins queues.

All i could see so far is 50-90 people per one location in prime time.

Let me make approximate calculation:

14 planets. 2 fleets. 2 factions (i hope they counts separately). Lets take medium amount of people in prime time - 70.

((70*14)+(70*2))*2=2240=full server with queue.

Locations are empty. With no LFD tool, spamming chat for world boss/2 and 4 heroics is just dark ancient times of the MMORPG industry.

Makes me wonder where these 1.5 million people are.

I play on a "standard" population server and it feels lifeless and empty even at peak hours.

I play on a mostly "light" server, and the vast majority of the time I'm the only person on the planet. I completed all of Belsavis being the only person there. There were 2 of us on Taris, 3 on Tat, just me on Quesh, and when I logged yesterday I was the only person on Voss.

It sucks.

I think the point is - "Needing to look around more."

If I have an hour to play on a given night, in this game I can't do ANYTHING "multiplayer." Even as a healer it is taking me 10-15 minutes of "looking around" to find a flashpoint or Heroic 4 group. That takes up a quarter of my time just finding people to do something with.

It is a shame, because other than spending 25% of my time looking around, the flashpoints and heroic 4 missions feel good.

Well the ironic part is that the people who complain there aren't 20 people standing next to them at every given moment of gameplay are the the same people who are begging for a LFG tool because they don't want to invite people to groups or, heaven forbid, send a whisper to someone in the same quest area about grouping. So why do they want all these people around? Scenery? It's not like they are going to talk to them. As long as they are on the planet somewhere, they are available for grouping if need be.

Well the ironic part is that the people who complain there aren't 20 people standing next to them at every given moment of gameplay are the the same people who are begging for a LFG tool because they don't want to invite people to groups or, heaven forbid, send a whisper to someone in the same quest area about grouping. So why do they want all these people around? Scenery? It's not like they are going to talk to them. As long as they are on the planet somewhere, they are available for grouping if need be.

No, we're asking for a LFG tool because of how overly complicated and archaic it is to try and manually form a group - ESPECIALLY in a game that is as solo-focused as this game is.

Those of us unlucky enough to not be on servers with dozens of people in our level range are also left without being to experience all of the multiplayer-focused content.

Until yesterday, I had seen very few people on my server except on Courasant. Out of the blue, I got a guild invite. Talked to the GL for a bit via /whisper and decided to join. To my surprise, there were 53 people in the guild and most were the same I had seen previously with /LFG tag on.

As someone has said previously, it sometimes takes effort to ge things started. Being a former EQ guild leader, I had had my share of drama and didn't feel the need to join a guild in SWTOR. Now that I have, I'm glad I did.

I play on a mostly "light" server, and the vast majority of the time I'm the only person on the planet. I completed all of Belsavis being the only person there. There were 2 of us on Taris, 3 on Tat, just me on Quesh, and when I logged yesterday I was the only person on Voss.

It sucks.

You picked a light server and you complain there's no one to talk to lol?! At least you can talk to people here. :)

I agree, that worlds just feel too empty, even on a full server ( I play on the only English RP-PVP Server which is full most of the time) yet I never 100 people on a planet other than Courscant, weird.. Where are these 1.5 million subs?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.