EMPIRE player getting REPUBLIC only schematics in UT

wadetho

so i could go on and on about how stupid it is for one side (ie: empire) to get loot they cant use because its meant for the other side (ie: republic).

what use is it? none.. just vendor fodder. and before someone says something.. no i dont want to create a new character on the oppisite faction, mail the item to them, then lvl him up a few lvls to travel to town, to put it on the galactic market for a few extra credits..

so far i have gotten 4 schematic drops from underworld trading.. and ALL FOUR TIMES it has been armor schematics for republic only classes. whats the deal? can we get republic only items removed from epire players loot tables? and vice versa?

did you read all of my post?

the part where i already mentioned that?

i dont feel a player should have to spend a couple hours of their time to get a few extra credits for an item..

keep your 35 credits and dont give me the item at all, or better yet.. give me a faction appropriate item..

again, no reason why empire players get republic only loot.. and vice versa

did you read all of my post?

the part where i already mentioned that?

He read all of your post, you failed to grasp the fact that on Nar the GTN is for BOTH factions which is what he meant.

Might want to know these things before getting upity with people trying to help you out.

k.. so i have to get at least 1 char to nar'shadda to be able to sell items i get at lvl 10 from underworld trading...

that still doesnt make any sense..

the point still remains.. why am i getting loot that has no possiblity of ever being used by my faction? thats the issue.. sure there are ways around it.. thats not the point. i mentioned a way to get around it in my first post.. my question was why and whats the reasoning.. not how many ways can we get around the issue..

Edited by wadetho

rofl.. so i ask a legitimate question..

get answers that tell me what i already know...

say i already know, and still request an answer, and im the troll...

i see how this is going.. i thought by asking on the forums i would get a better response than in game.. but i guess the kiddos are alt+tabbing back and forth too quick for me this morning..

take this scenario.. (leave BOP out of the equation for the time being).. you spend hours in a group, trying to kill to a boss.. after multiple attempts you finally down him.. you and your empire party members are excited to see what you get.. you loot the body and whats this? a pair of pants for a jedi warrior.. anti climatic anyone?

what a HUGE waste of time that was.. might as well got nothing for your troubles.. essentially you did.. a few lowley credits that they could have just put on the mob in the first place..

Edited by wadetho

Hey bucko, you don't need to create a new character, travel your fat *** to Nar Shaddaa put it on the GTN and go about your business. People are giving you a legitimate answer. You are clouding it with your own perceived point of view. Now if it were BOP items dropping then that would be a different story....

Stop trolling.

He's not really trolling, it makes no sense that Republic players receive imperial schematics out of Underworld Trading and Imperial players receive Republic schematics. Of course, it's possible to make chars on both sides, and you can even trade money between them via the GTN, but why make such hassle? That's utter nonsense².

Is it?

That's weird, because the GTN on my server is absolutely flooded with 'Light-sided' objects and Republic only stuff and no one's buying it.

Only the GTN on Nar Shaddaa is linked. The GTN on fleet or the capital planets is faction specific.

He's not really trolling, it makes no sense that Republic players receive imperial schematics out of Underworld Trading and Imperial players receive Republic schematics. Of course, it's possible to make chars on both sides, and you can even trade money between them via the GTN, but why make such hassle? That's utter nonsense².

thank you for seeing my point.. :)

Maybe your companion hates the empire and it's his way of screwing you over for the evil you've done.

thats actually a pretty good reply ;) i knew kaylio couldnt be trusted

^truth.

It's not trolling. This is a crazy aspect of the loot tables. Why would a crafter for one side be spending his time arming the opposing faction?! This makes no sense within 'story' which is so central to the game design for SWTOR.

Further, it makes those schematics of nearly zero use to the crafter. You can't sell / use it within any meaningful market. I want to be supplying my guild, or my buddies, or others on my server I may actually be interacting with. There's no way I want to be arming/outfitting the enemy.

He read all of your post, you failed to grasp the fact that on Nar the GTN is for BOTH factions which is what he meant.

Might want to know these things before getting upity with people trying to help you out.

Replying with very little information is not helping.

^truth.

It's not trolling. This is a crazy aspect of the loot tables. Why would a crafter for one side be spending his time arming the opposing faction?! This makes no sense within 'story' which is so central to the game design for SWTOR.

Further, it makes those schematics of nearly zero use to the crafter. You can't sell / use it within any meaningful market. I want to be supplying my guild, or my buddies, or others on my server I may actually be interacting with. There's no way I want to be arming/outfitting the enemy.

As a BH crafter, I want to be able to craft items for either faction, because it increases potential buyers. I want to be able to sell to as large as an audience as I can. The economy is struggling in this game imo, and increasing your selling base would improve this. People don't travel to Nar Shaddaa enough to sell for that to be a viable option.

As far as fitting into the story, I play a bounty hunter who's allegiance is to making credits, not the empire. My story options and choices support this. I should be able to sell to whatever faction I want, even if it means arming Republic players. It makes sense within my story. I just wish it was easier to do so.

That said, given the current system, you're right in that getting schematics for the opposite faction (and crafting items for them in the hopes of selling them) is virtually meaningless and a waste. It makes me miss the economy of LOTRO, where everyone on the server was a potential buyer, and the auction house was so much more robust (and that's saying something, considering all the problems that MMO had)....