Planets dont have wild life??

Junkkia

I dint find any bird, rabbit, deer etc in first newbie planet. only some big boar type creatures.

and u cant hear wild life either, only pewpew or ship fly close u. Planets feels empty!

Alderaan has some, not much.

Frankly I'm appalled at the earth like plant life on every single planet

Edited by SkateOnTrees

You can hear your footsteps though. That in itself adds tremendously to the ambience, so much that they didn't bother with much of anything else. Not needed. Footsteps will suffice when you have spent $275m of your budget on voice actors.

You can hear your footsteps though. That in itself adds tremendously to the ambience, so much that they didn't bother with much of anything else. Not needed. Footsteps will suffice when you have spent $275m of your budget on voice actors.

o yeah. least i hear i moving:D

klip klop klippity klop

some background music would have been nice

Aldaraan needs birds scurrying across the sky at the very least, its a bit dead for an earth like planet. Not too bothered about Hoth or Tatooine. Coruscant could have some rats (excluding the politicians har har) and yeah, needs some critters

There is no night and day anywhere too, shocking considering other MMO's have had night changing to day for 5 years.

Could you imagine the coding that would go in to such things? On some planets, it would be just pointless. Designing a game isn't just "Oh, I want day/night time so gimme."

Could you imagine the coding that would go in to such things? On some planets, it would be just pointless. Designing a game isn't just "Oh, I want day/night time so gimme."

Well other MMO's managed it. You saying Bioware are incapable? And actually it is not that much coding.

I saw some small droids riding around in the Sith fortress on Dromund Kaas, do they count as critter?

The areas outside of the spaceport and Kaas City aren't exactly devoid of life either. Admittedly most of it wants to eat you. I think Tattooine is the first place I noticed that isn't full of things that want to eat you - a lot of them just ignore you.

Earth plants? We aren't playing James Camerons Avatar here, we are playing Star Wars. There aren't many distinguishing plant life in the universe. In fact, I only remember one planet that had such intense visuals, and that's Felucia.

Your not very bright are you?

Linky plox. I wanna read these reasons.

Creative decision; they wanted to be able to light the sets way they wanted them to be seen, rather than have them changing depending on the time of day. You know, exactly the same way they do it in films. Which given BioWare essentially write interactive fiction, makes perfect sense.

Edited by HELhikari

When you have planets that have more than one sun, it is. Learn your lore before you go "wantwantwant"

Actually it's not even that complicated then - it's just two light sources. The most complicated thing is calculating where each one should be at a given time.

Which is irrelevant, because the reason there are no day/night cycles isn't technical, it's creative.