1-49 and a 50s bracket is needed *now*

Merkmerk

I don't mind being at a disadvantage, but a 15% disadvantage is very different from a 50-75% disadvantage. Of course this isn't about being fair and never has been.

To the "elites" who think time spent playing (sorry, I know many of you 1337s consider this "work" even though it's a VIDEO GAME) should matter more than skill, watch your queue times get longer and longer and longer as established players eventually leave the game and new players find it too punishing to join. Don't you realize that you're just ruining the game long-term?

Anyway, I'm off to play some CoD. I'm not afraid of a fair fight.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From one 50 power tech to another. One was obviously a fresh 50, the other was kitted out in some gear.

Damage vs fresh 50 = 1,500

Damage vs kitted 50 = 500

Something is royally jacked up there. No shields involved, tested multiple times in that match. Same thing happens with the battlemaster IA Coot.

Edited by CommandoPower

Yea well, if you cant wait for two more weeks to let more people get 50, or to get 50 yourself, then dont play PvP, simple as.

The main thing you have to do right now when you ding level 50 is PvP'ing, you still have all the quests and questlines to go through.

You shouldnt be screwing end-game content over and let the people investing alot of time into the game get punished because they spent alot of time on the game, makes no sense.

Nope. You still don't get it.

The game is still new, which means the largest portion of new subscribers are coming in as we speak due to word of mouth and said newness. This is the most important time to make a good impression.

The answer "Just don't PVP" doesn't fly. You want to gain and keep subscribers - not just poopsocking dorks that hit level 50 already.

watch your queue times get longer and longer and longer as established players eventually leave the game and new players find it too punishing to join. Don't you realize that you're just ruining the game long-term?

No they don't because they lack the intelligence to grasp what we are talking about here. Most likely because of youth/inexperience.

Edited by Merkmerk

Levels 1-49 really won't be an issue because the bolster works pretty well.

It gets screwed when 50's start stacking Expertise.

A well played level 14 can take out a lesser skilled 49 with the bolstering system.

Separate out the 50's ASAP. We have plenty of 50's on my high pop server to play with

each other and the lesser populated servers will catch up soon.

Level 10 will cry about 49s then.

Level 10 will cry about 39s then.

Level 10 will cry about 29s then.

Level 10 will cry about 19s then.

You catch my drift.

I've grumbled about people beating me at levels less than 50, but though SOME advantage is still there, it's things I could have overcome if I played better or planned for it. So boo on me every time I grumble lol. That's a time I need to L2P.

However you really cannot plan around the level 50 power difference. The disparity is simply too great to compensate for in teamwork or gameplay.

level 49 is like 10%-20% stronger than you. Meh, no biggy. Level 50 is like 50% stronger than you or more with any decent gear.

This problem is only going to get worse. If you want to make Warzones available for people leveling up, you need to create 2 brackets.

The scaling to 50 thing works fine 1-49. You are still at a disadvantage at low levels, but you can still play and have fun. Once you throw 50s with PVP gear you completely ruin any sort of balance because they are simply untouchable.

(don't give me crap about queue times - Huttball allows same faction matches and there are plenty of 1-49s to play. The longer this single bracket nonsense goes on the less 1-49s are going to play, however)

Signed and agreed

So they should cater the little no-life hardcore group over the huge mass of customers that are what you could call casual?

Sounds more like catastrophic than profit to me..

Yes, i belong to the category that has a job and gets slaughtered in two seconds flat whenever i join a warzone now..

At 40 with the pvp gear i can not do anything more than putting a dent into a decently farmed level 50, and if they happen to get annoyed by your puny attempts, well, you figure out what happens.

This is at 40, i dont want to think of how it feels as a fresh level 10, but if i had to give it a try i would most likely think that it felt like the next months 15 bucks could perhaps be spent on something else.

You casuals will play anyway. And hardores will leave becaus there will be nothing to do. So BioWare is right.

i made a pvp movie based on the issue described in this thread. i went into a random warzone with fraps on and i have taken those clips n made a 6 min movie of how ridiculously strong my character is compared to lowbies.

beware: my first attempt at making a movie has it's fair amount of hitches. there's a few quality probs with the video but nothing overly serious.

Edited by mimbs

What I see day by day? Geared level 50 players in opposite team killing my team everyday. They like storm we cant do anything.

We need bracket for 50 level asap because it is not serious to play like this and I m bored with such PVP when I have no even chance to bit oppostie team.

This problem is only going to get worse. If you want to make Warzones available for people leveling up, you need to create 2 brackets.

The scaling to 50 thing works fine 1-49. You are still at a disadvantage at low levels, but you can still play and have fun. Once you throw 50s with PVP gear you completely ruin any sort of balance because they are simply untouchable.

(don't give me crap about queue times - Huttball allows same faction matches and there are plenty of 1-49s to play. The longer this single bracket nonsense goes on the less 1-49s are going to play, however)

realms that were implemented on LAUNCH day bearly have 50s right now, if would be unfair for us 50s on those new realms to have to wait hours on hours just to get a game going...

if they could get your realms that were opened up on early access without clicking it for us then i'd be all for that, but i'm sure they only got one switch for everyone...

I don't want to wait a month for enough ppl to hit 50 so I can enjoy pvp it'd ruin the game for us at 50 and all we want todo is pvp compared to people who ain't and should be leveling most of the time :p

We need brackets because higher levels players will have more health and power.

There is a buff you get to even out the differences.

The higher level players have huge advantages over lower level players through talents and abilities.

Get to higher level.

The arguments against brackets are so circular.

Hit 50 and stop complaining...

I am 50 and have to say with scaling it is nice "When" you have PvP gear. Low level BH and some low level healers are insane. Yesterday we pulled in a level 14 Sage because he was crit healing nonstop 12ks. Scaling can be a blessing. You also have to realize that many of these people complaining are level 20s... you dont have all your abilities so yeah it sucks but level and get the abilities. You really asking hey I want my level 12 to be competitive and on par with a high 40s to 50 player which is horrible.

Edited by ejijon

Hit 50 and stop complaining...

I am 50 and have to say with scaling it is nice "When" you have PvP gear. Low level BH and some low level healers are insane. Yesterday we pulled in a level 14 Sage because he was crit healing nonstop 12ks. Scaling can be a blessing. You also have to realize that many of these people complaining are level 20s... you dont have all your abilities so yeah it sucks but level and get the abilities. You really asking hey I want my level 12 to be competitive and on par with a high 40s to 50 player which is horrible.

You just made more points of why there SHOULD be lvl 50 bracket.

1."I am 50 and have to say with scaling it is nice "When" you have PvP gear"

2."you also have to realize that many of these people complaining are level 20s"

3."you dont have all your abilities"

3 reasons for a 50 bracket right there.

It was harmless when you would get 2-3 50s out of 5 WZs played. And the 50s where not geared yet. But now every other game we get a bunch of 50s and a Premade no less!!

A Horde of lifeless 50s in premade jumping on a 23 ball carrier ****** him in 3 sec and then spamming " huahuahuahuauh u nubs " or " L2P tbh " and "Owned" .

You just made more points of why there SHOULD be lvl 50 bracket.

1."I am 50 and have to say with scaling it is nice "When" you have PvP gear"

2."you also have to realize that many of these people complaining are level 20s"

3."you dont have all your abilities"

3 reasons for a 50 bracket right there.

It was harmless when you would get 2-3 50s out of 5 WZs played. And the 50s where not geared yet. But now every other game we get a bunch of 50s and a Premade no less!!

A Horde of lifeless 50s in premade jumping on a 23 ball carrier ****** him in 3 sec and then spamming " huahuahuahuauh u nubs " or " L2P tbh " and "Owned" .

Still hearing a lot of self pity crying. Like it said stop crying and level. A huge problem with this is that their are actually not many 50s. I mean a lot more than before but still not a lot in each guild. This means few are actually PvEing... whats that mean we do, PvP. If you start making a only 50 bracket you create problem with ques. WoW has the number to make brackets but not SWTOR yet. This fact will cause a HUGE wait time for PvP ques if you are 50. I am republic and I would hate to see the que times for Sith side that greatly out numbers us 3 to 1.

This works both ways...Its frusterating when I join a republic pvp warzone to find lvl 10-15's only and on the other team theres 30-45's. Before they fix the level brackets they need a punishment for leaving a warzone. 30 minutes wait for reque or something. I hate when another 50 will leave because me and him or her are the only 50's in the warzone.

What's that I hear from the future?

"Level 49s are ruining war zones now!"

You might as well as bracket the entire level range, would be more effective.

It wont be anywhere near as bad though, this isnt a dig, but you obviously dont know how good expertise is in PVP.

a 1-49 bracket will make things way way better and should be done quickly.