Merc needs crit or tech power? o.O

miketiger

Aim, crit, surge, always keep your weapons up to date. Especially your barrels. I currently have around 1600 aim, 40% crit and 86% crit multiplier. I'm wearing nearly all Champion gear except for my pistols (damn you RNG), bracers, belt, and leggings. I stripped out all unwanted enhancements and mods, and replaced with crit/surge ones.

Aim, crit, surge, always keep your weapons up to date. Especially your barrels. I currently have around 1600 aim, 40% crit and 86% crit multiplier. I'm wearing nearly all Champion gear except for my pistols (damn you RNG), bracers, belt, and leggings. I stripped out all unwanted enhancements and mods, and replaced with crit/surge ones.

Well done. This is how you play the Mercenary Ladies and Gentlemen. Crit of Death!

Does Accuracy affect pvp? If so it comes before all stats as you want to reduce your chance of missing first.

Which set did you end up using? Eliminator?

I screwed up by taking Combat Tech at first but switched to Combat Medic with duplicate tokens. Energy Shield +3 secs, Healing Scan -1.5 sec CD is fantastic for a hybrid healer like me. Combat Tech isn't bad but more for a DPS PT than anything else. Eliminator isn't bad but I use Energy Shield and Healing Scan combined way more than Jet Boost and Rail Shot combined.

Yes, eliminator is best pvp set. The 2piece set bonus is 5 seconds off jet boost, which is invaluable in pvp. I'm missing legs,bp and weapon, but got the t2 pve offhand twice, so stripped mod out of second and have the legendary weapon we got in story quest on par, just a lack of expertise.

If I wear pvp everything, I'm at 9.13% expertise. I started wearing 2piece pve set giving me 7.43% but the 2 piece eliminator pve set gives 15% crit bonus to tracer missle, which wins out over the 2%.

With the champ relic and biochem adrenal, that puts me at 60% crit on tracer missles and 98% surge for that duration. 32% crit, 81% surge normally.

Interesting. Are crafters able to make high level crit/surge mods? I haven't found many that share those stats so far.

You can farm Corellia commendations for crit/surge mods that cost 2 comms each. There is also a daily quest you can do on Ilum that gives a great purple crit/surge mod. The quest is a but difficult for a 2 man quest, but since it's a daily many people are looking to complete it often. I think the same mod can be bought for 7 daily mission comms. These comms can be received from either the Ilum or bonus Belsavis quests (level 50).

Edited by Werdan

Just a note, crit and surge have diminishing returns, the higher your crit chance and crit multiplier the more crit rating and surge rating you will need to get another 1% of crit or crit damage. So eventually power will outweigh those 2 stats, but without a combat log it will be really hard to tell when.

Yes, eliminator is best pvp set. The 2piece set bonus is 5 seconds off jet boost, which is invaluable in pvp. I'm missing legs,bp and weapon, but got the t2 pve offhand twice, so stripped mod out of second and have the legendary weapon we got in story quest on par, just a lack of expertise.

If I wear pvp everything, I'm at 9.13% expertise. I started wearing 2piece pve set giving me 7.43% but the 2 piece eliminator pve set gives 15% crit bonus to tracer missle, which wins out over the 2%.

With the champ relic and biochem adrenal, that puts me at 60% crit on tracer missles and 98% surge for that duration. 32% crit, 81% surge normally.

Is the eliminator the lvl 50 pvp set? I am level 39 at the moment and bought the Imperial assault lvl 40 pvp set. The only other set I saw was something called raptor. Or did I miss something?

Not sure about the armor reduction, but an accuracy over 100% reduces your target's chance to defend (parry, dodge or deflect)

Your To Hit chance is your accuracy - his defense chance.

The basic chance to hit is 85% (90% natural accuracy - 5% natural defense)