Understand the difference between flaws and game design

Azureas

I see a lot of threads on this forum citing a game design issue as a flaw, which is the equivalent of saying something like Skyrim isn't like Two Worlds, or COD isnt like Unreal Tournament.

There is a difference between game design and a flaw.

No dungeon finder? That was the game design.

Single player experience with lots of loading screens? That was the game design.

Crafting as an expense? That was game design.

These are just a few aspects of game design the developers put in because they wanted to. Yes it similar to a lot of other MMO's, but COD and Skyrim share elements with Unreal and Two Worlds too, but are made different to make two different games. They put a different emphasis on which elements are developed differently, and thats what makes them cater to different people.

All in all, if you don't like the game design, go find a game that you do and stop complaining about this game. Yes, some flaws like bugs or character responsiveness need to be ironed out, but comparing this game to WoW all the time only begs one question. IF WoW is better for you, why don't you just play that?

Edited by Azureas

I see a lot of threads on this forum citing a game design issue as a flaw, which is the equivalent of saying something like Skyrim isn't like Two Worlds, or COD isnt like Unreal Tournament.

There is a difference between game design and a flaw.

No dungeon finder? That was the game design.

Single player experience with lots of loading screens? That was the game design.

Crafting as an expense? That was game design.

These are just a few aspects of game design the developers put in because they wanted to. Yes it similar to a lot of other MMO's, but COD and Skyrim share elements with Unreal and Two Worlds too, but are made different to make two different games. They put a different emphasis on which elements are developed differently, and thats what makes them cater to different people.

All in all, if you don't like the game design, go find a game that you do and stop complaining about this game. Yes, some flaws like bugs or character responsiveness need to be ironed out, but comparing this game to WoW all the time only begs one question. IF WoW is better for you, why don't you just play that?

I don't think you are in any position to tell people whether to complain or not. Useless thread.

I don't think you are in any position to tell people whether to complain or not. Useless thread.

Well, I think he does. If people like you who joined these forums this month only to complain during the free month feel the need to express your biased views and hatred for this game, then he has the right to express his feelings about you. First, like he said, if you do not like this game, go back to the game that you were playing and troll their forums about why you dislike that game. You people are the type who would complain about free cable.......simple, just simple!