pvp gear

Denarok

I wish there was a search option I am sure this is on board somewhere but cannot find it.

So I am level 34 now, and started to do pvp and save up commendations, my question is the lvl 40 pvp gear worth it?

Also if I get the lvl 40 gear, will that take me to 50? Or will still need to upgrade along the way?

I looked at stats and was not sure, I am guessing if I can get all orange gear in every slot then I can just upgrade itmyself with own mods?

Right now I only got 4 slots with orange, my two weapons, chest, and head.

Also any idea what valor rank means? I noticed I have gone up a few but what does that do? Do you need a certain valor to wear lvl 40 pvp gear?

Any advice? Thanks

I wish there was a search option I am sure this is on board somewhere but cannot find it.

So I am level 34 now, and started to do pvp and save up commendations, my question is the lvl 40 pvp gear worth it?

Also if I get the lvl 40 gear, will that take me to 50? Or will still need to upgrade along the way?

I looked at stats and was not sure, I am guessing if I can get all orange gear in every slot then I can just upgrade itmyself with own mods?

Right now I only got 4 slots with orange, my two weapons, chest, and head.

Also any idea what valor rank means? I noticed I have gone up a few but what does that do? Do you need a certain valor to wear lvl 40 pvp gear?

Any advice? Thanks

Think of the level 40 set as a free upgrade for every slot, except for weapons and relics. It only costs 1400 Comm's for everything, and if you start doing a couple of WZ's a day, you'll get it long before you hit 40. It's definitely worth it in my book, and I'm currently working on getting it before hitting 40, myself. Did it on my Sorc and it was a pretty nice stat jump once you hit 40.

The stats will not really last all the way to 50 without upgrading your mods on the way, but it really isn't hard to do with all the planet Comm's you get on the way. Plus it's one of the best looking BH sets, if you ask me :p

Valor Rank is your PvP rank. You'll get a PvP title every couple of levels, 10, 20, 30, 40 etc. And some items requires you to have a specific Valor rank to use. For example the Battlemaster's pieces (top level 50 PvP set) requires Valor 60 use, and even to just open the Battlemaster's bag. There's also speeder that requires it, like the epic PvP speeder requires Valor 65.

You don't need a specific Valor Rank for the 40 set. Not even the 2nd best 50 set requires a Valor Rank.

Edit: Forgot to mention that your Comm's cap at 1,000. So if you're gonna get the set, you're gonna have to get a few pieces as you go, and just throw 'em in your storage.

Edited by Tweetee

Did not think of my companion.

So i had a question a friend brought up he said in other games pvp gear had different stats for PVE.

So you had to switch gear or something like that.

I guess my question is do I need to switch gear if doing PVP to this gear or the stats it says on it is for PVE as well?

what your friend is talking about is a stat called expertise and its on all the lvl 50 pvp gear. It gives the edge to the actual pvpers instead of having someone with the best pve gear coming in and stomping everyone

Thanks for the info.

If you are not a heavy pvper, and mostly doing at PVE at 50, which is better to have?

I guess my question is gear better from PVE at 50, or the PVP is the best you can get?

Also I see there are different vendors, champion, and two others I think, centurion and something else. What are the differences? I am really confused.

Thanks

Edited by Denarok

Thanks for the info.

If you are not a heavy pvper, and mostly doing at PVE at 50, which is better to have?

I guess my question is gear better from PVE at 50, or the PVP is the best you can get?

Also I see there are different vendors, champion, and two others I think, centurion and something else. What are the differences? I am really confused.

Thanks

I've read the PvP gear is comparable to the raid armor you can acquire at the moment, but haven't done a direct comparison. You can go check the Rakata/Tionese/Columni vendors in the Supply district of the fleet to check for yourself though. You might as well start working towards Champion items when you're not doing hard mode flashpoints. You can get the commendations and items you need for Champion gear by buying Champion's Bags off the vendor next to the PvP daily terminal.

Edited by Rimbaldo