Boss help

SakuraiSan

Hello. I am a level 30 Shadow on Alderaan, inf spec. Now currently fighting the master(story mode boss). I have a hard time trying to kill her. Her projectiles always hit me hard. My companion is Tharan(the healer). Any advice you can give?

I always start with shadow strike, double strike(2 times), use project, telekinesis, low slash. In some cases I would stun her. My willpower is 473 and endurance 452.

I did it using Tharan casting Holiday. Use mind snap, knock back, and stun when she starts channeling her spells. Do not attack when holiday is dancing so that you have time to get healed by Tharan. Keep Tharan far away from her so he doesn't die to the aoe damage.

I always start with shadow strike, double strike(2 times), use project, telekinesis, low slash. In some cases I would stun her. My willpower is 473 and endurance 452.

Lesson 1: Don't open with Shadow Strike. Ever. Shadow Strike is only useful when you have the Find Weakness buff active, and, if you're starting a fight fresh, you won't have Find Weakness up, so don't use it.

Lesson 2: TK Throw is not worth it for Infiltration. The only spec that should be using it is late stage Kinetic (35+). Without a talent to augment it, TK Throw is largely a Force neutral, low DPS attack. You would be better served just using Double Strike more often.

Lesson 3: Knowing which abilities to interrupt on caster fights is *very important*. Many casters have a "basic" cast that they use that doesn't deal appreciable damage (Lightning Strike and Disturbance are the most common example). Do not interrupt these. These same casters have a small number of exceptionally dangerous casts that you *must* interrupt, because, otherwise, they'll take out a third of your health (Forcequake, Force Lightning, Project Storm, Force Storm, and Orbital Bombardment are the most notable). Interrupt these with anything you've got: Mind Snap, Force Stun, Low Slash (if Inf), Spinning Kick (if Kinetic), whatever you've got that can interrupt. If you can't interrupt it, move as far away from the effect on the ground as humanly possible: many of these abilities have larger areas of effect that the marker on the ground denotes. If you can't get away from it (or it is a single target rather than AoE ability), do *not* be afraid to use Resilience: 100% immunity to Force powers can be a *godsend* when fighting casters, especially when a big, angry beatstick power gets through.

If you can't interrupt it, move as far away from the effect on the ground as humanly possible: many of these abilities have larger areas of effect that the marker on the ground denotes. If you can't get away from it (or it is a single target rather than AoE ability), do *not* be afraid to use Resilience: 100% immunity to Force powers can be a *godsend* when fighting casters, especially when a big, angry beatstick power gets through.

Sorry but what level then I can get the Resilience?

Then I can't use it coz I am only lvl 30. LOL.

I included that more for anyone else reading that needs help taking out the bosses in question. The more important lesson to take away from that entire blurb that mentioned Resilience was to pay attention to the given powers and let the weak ones through so that you'll be able to interrupt the big ones. When you get Resilience, it's a tool you should remember, but it wasn't integral to the concept.

I included that more for anyone else reading that needs help taking out the bosses in question. The more important lesson to take away from that entire blurb that mentioned Resilience was to pay attention to the given powers and let the weak ones through so that you'll be able to interrupt the big ones. When you get Resilience, it's a tool you should remember, but it wasn't integral to the concept.

OKay thank you. One more question. When u say only use Shadow Strike when have the Find Weakness Buff, do I use stun to get behind the enemy? However it will waste my stun. And my Tharan can't tank.

OKay thank you. One more question. When u say only use Shadow Strike when have the Find Weakness Buff, do I use stun to get behind the enemy? However it will waste my stun. And my Tharan can't tank.

Either use Force Stun or don't use Shadow Strike at all (or wait until you get Low Slash and then Low Slash>Shadow Strike). If you really want to use Shadow Strike, I recommend busting out Qyzen instead of Tharan so that you'll have his threat meter to hide behind.

Lesson 3: Knowing which abilities to interrupt on caster fights is *very important*. Many casters have a "basic" cast that they use that doesn't deal appreciable damage (Lightning Strike and Disturbance are the most common example). Do not interrupt these. These same casters have a small number of exceptionally dangerous casts that you *must* interrupt, because, otherwise, they'll take out a third of your health (Forcequake, Force Lightning, Project Storm, Force Storm, and Orbital Bombardment are the most notable). Interrupt these with anything you've got: Mind Snap, Force Stun, Low Slash (if Inf), Spinning Kick (if Kinetic), whatever you've got that can interrupt. If you can't interrupt it, move as far away from the effect on the ground as humanly possible: many of these abilities have larger areas of effect that the marker on the ground denotes. If you can't get away from it (or it is a single target rather than AoE ability), do *not* be afraid to use Resilience: 100% immunity to Force powers can be a *godsend* when fighting casters, especially when a big, angry beatstick power gets through.

This bit really improved my game tonight. I'm a FPS player and haven't yet learned everything to look for in this kind of game. I perhaps overdid it, interrupting p much everything, so have to learn to be more selective on that front, but the interruptions made taking down some elites much much easier. Thanks!

Edited by Bilirubin

on a small tactical suggestion...

dont be afraid to break los with a boss mob if that gives you time for cd's to come back. This can make a big difference in some fights where you have a lot of things you could interrupt. IF you break los and have aggro the mob will give chase. This means you can kite them for a few moments giving time for tharan to throw a few more heals, and for your interrupt, and other important cd's to finish.

I know personally this made a difference for me in this particular fight. I ran to the columns nearby and fought the master over there. Worked great for me.

on a small tactical suggestion...

dont be afraid to break los with a boss mob if that gives you time for cd's to come back. This can make a big difference in some fights where you have a lot of things you could interrupt. IF you break los and have aggro the mob will give chase. This means you can kite them for a few moments giving time for tharan to throw a few more heals, and for your interrupt, and other important cd's to finish.

I know personally this made a difference for me in this particular fight. I ran to the columns nearby and fought the master over there. Worked great for me.

erm Thanks but what is los? I don't really understand. LOL

erm Thanks but what is los? I don't really understand. LOL

LoS means Line of Sight, which, contextually, means breaking line of sight in order to prevent the target from attacking you until you or it reestablishes line of sight. The most common way to do this is to run away and hide behind a wall or a rock until the target comes running (which it will do because it wants to attack you but it can't see you so it moves so that it can see you). In doing so, this will often stop the target from casting (unless it is casting an AoE, at which point you likely just moved out of the AoE).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.