Free To Play For Solo/Story, Pay 15/Month For "MMO Features" — Everybody Wins

Shadysketchy

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I can't think of any single-player games where I've joined a guild and played with other people in a large world setting. I guess I must be confused.

OP is sadly misinformed. And clearly needs to read the post about facts and epistemology.

I can, SWTOR.

What class did you play as OP? I hit 50 as a Jedi Sage and there were plenty of quests I needed assistance with, class story included. Same goes with a Jedi Shadow that I helped out. We would swap class phases with each other and help each other out.

I also know that the last quest for the Jedi Knight is down right near impossible without help since they make you use T7. I had to heal 2 different Jedi Knights in my guild for their class quest when they hit 50.

Sure you can speed to 50, avoid everyone else, and if you're lucky maybe complete your story. You limit yourself a lot though. You talk a lot about the story but from the way you had to have played to hit 50 by the 22nd I think you missed out on a lot of it. You probably didn't do the flashpoints either did you? Huge amount of story going on in there.

In the end all I have to say to you OP is to get off these forums and try actually playing the game. Level a character and group with others. It's a pleasant experience. Don't be angry at the game because you decided to be anti-social in an MMO and rush to 50 alone.

I play a Jedi sage and I have solo'd 2+ lvl 50 heroics. CC and find a corner to los and pull to.

Jedi Sage can solo a whole lot of content easily.

• 6 months later...
Fact: Lots of people do not think SWTOR is a proper MMO

Fact: SWTOR has 8 different stories, well worth the 60 dollar box

Okay, so let's not argue about weather or not SWTOR is an MMORPG, a Co-Op Game, a Single Player game, etc.; let's just face the facts, that SWTOR feels like different genres, to different people. I ask that you respect the opinion, and perspective of all parties involved, if you post in this Thread

With that in mind, let's consider what's realistic in terms of payment options. Most people aren't going to pay 15 dollars a month for something they consider to be a Single Player game. The rest, who consider this game an MMO, probably don't mind the pay-to-play model. That's why I think SWTOR should have different payment models:

Plan A (The new one) — 60 Dollars for the box/CD Key, and you can play the game to your heart's content, on a PvE Server; but you cannot join or create groups, participate in PvP - Warzones or otherwise, and just in general, be excluded from all of SWTOR's "MMO Features". But you can play through every Story that interests you

Plan B (The current one) — 60 Dollars for the box/CD Key, plus 15 Dollars a month, and you can play the game to your heart's content; in the same exact way as we all can right now

This is a win/win situation, for everyone. I don't think SWTOR is an MMO, so I won't pay 15 dollars a month for it, unless major changes are made; but I still like the stories, just like most other BioWare stories, and I consider that content worth the 60 dollar box. Those of you who do think SWTOR is an MMO can keep paying 15 dollars a month, for all of the game's "MMO Features".

TL;DR, I think this game should be free to play for the stories, but pay to play for MMO Features; what do you think?

Dude, can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers?

This guy hit it spot on.

• 1 month later...
So far I love the game,but if it ever go f2p I will quit.I will never play a f2p mmo....ever!

Imo f2p mmo's are for kids.

Okay lemme just make sure I got your logic straight here. You love this game. F2P games are for kids. This game IS GOING F2P, no way around that, it's going to happen. So essentially you love a game for kids. But you wont play games for kids. So you will cut off your nose to spite your face.

Okay lemme just make sure I got your logic straight here. You love this game. F2P games are for kids. This game IS GOING F2P, no way around that, it's going to happen. So essentially you love a game for kids. But you wont play games for kids. So you will cut off your nose to spite your face.

And the reason you are going after someone that made a post back in January is???:rolleyes:

Ironically this seems to be the sort of strategy they are going for.. tbh everyone wins but EA as far as I can see it. As someone who loves both Star Wars and MMOs and has been playing MMOs for 10 years.. I'd say play this for solo/story then go play a real MMO if you want to give your subscription somewhere. People will hate on me no doubt for saying that but all the things this game does well will be free while all the poorly designed stuff like the MMO features can be avoided and you won't have to pay a penny.