Usefull Datacrons?

Cyrano_Aix

Is there any reason to go looking for Datacrons that are NOT your primary skill ?

For example : If you're a Sith Inquisitor and your primary is Willpower, any reason to go looking for anything other than the Endurance ones as well ?

Thx

Is there any reason to go looking for Datacrons that are NOT your primary skill ?

For example : If you're a Sith Inquisitor and your primary is Willpower, any reason to go looking for anything other than the Endurance ones as well ?

Thx

your primary stat isn't the only useful one. Presence (orange) is useful for anyone who uses their companions. Endurance (green) increases max health for everyone.

the shards can be used to make your own datacron cube which has a good stat increase.

A lot of the datacron's are just insane to try to get to and not worth the frustration or time.....for me anyway.

Someone should make you tube vids on how to get the hard to reach ones. I bought the SWTOR Explorer's Guide, thinking it would be in their, lol no just the location not how to get to them.

A lot of the datacron's are just insane to try to get to and not worth the frustration or time.....for me anyway.

Someone should make you tube vids on how to get the hard to reach ones. I bought the SWTOR Explorer's Guide, thinking it would be in their, lol no just the location not how to get to them.

The vids are in YouTube. Use the search function.

Is there any reason not to?

Even if they are not your primary stat, they will still give you slight bonuses that make them worth obtaining. Presence is especially important for all classes if you use companions ever.

Matrix shards make relics usable by any class and are valuable.

Codex entries are interesting.

Experience is always nice.

Collecting Datacrons is fun.

Whether these things (and more) make you want to get them all or not is up to you. But these seem like good enough reasons to me.

Is there any reason not to?

Even if they are not your primary stat, they will still give you slight bonuses that make them worth obtaining. Presence is especially important for all classes if you use companions ever.

Matrix shards make relics usable by any class and are valuable.

Codex entries are interesting.

Experience is always nice.

Collecting Datacrons is fun.

Whether these things (and more) make you want to get them all or not is up to you. But these seem like good enough reasons to me.

Those "slight" bonuses are hardly game-breaking and nobody will notice an end-game difference between a player who collected all datacrons and a player who didn't.

Sure, there are about 65 datacrons. But that doesn't mean 65 datacrons for primary stat/endurance/presence. If that were the case, then hell yeah, I'd be all over them.

Consider endurance. +1 to endurance gives 10 hitpoints. There's probably a total value of +10 or so for endurance from datacrons. That's only 100 hitpoints.

They're REALLY not that important. I have a guild leader that dickishly requires each participating player to have ALL datacrons before performing in any operations he's running. I'm not sure if we can see another player's total achievement of datacrons, but I know I'll be avoiding his operations.

Consider endurance. +1 to endurance gives 10 hitpoints. There's probably a total value of +10 or so for endurance from datacrons. That's only 100 hitpoints.

Actually, on the higher level planets you get datacrons that give out up to +10 bonuses to the primary stats. Check out http://www.republictrooper.com/datacron-locations/ they tell how to find them and what stat bonuses you get. Counting all of the endurance bonuses that the link refers to, totals to about 60 endurance (that's including both faction's early planets).

Getting the datacrons might not give you a huge advantage over a person who didn't get the datacrons, but they definitely provide a nice, innate, stat bonus.